When i bought this, finally, i had doubts that i wouldbe able to listen to it- in the past my experience with live recorded music cd's has been poor, becauise on some all you can hear is the crowd, plus if the singer cant sing, it shows up badly.

However, amy lee can obviously sing live very very well. The audio cd is perfect, with 2 tracks that werent on the last one. There were also little added touches as she was singing live, like the way she sang, so it made it nicer to listen to- didnt feel so fake.

The dvd has many features, which i didnt expect. It has four music videos- going under, bring me to life, everybodys fool and my immortal. All good videos.

It has the concert, which is basically the same as the audio cd, except you get to watch it aswell. The only problem i had with that was that the camera man didnt stay in one place very long, so there was never a good shot of the band or concert, which defeats the object of the dvd really. I often found myself hitting pause if i wanted to see a detail (like amy lee's amazing clothes!).

There was also an extras section, with lots of funny film footage put together when the band were on the road, adding up to about an hours in total.

Overall, though, i found this is great, and i would reccomend it to anyone who listens. The bonus is the pretty cd cover.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have to say that I've watched this video over and over. I love the songs and am so glad they included four music videos. Amy Lee is a great front-woman and in my opinion in the top three female rock vocalists in the world - along with Julianne Regan of All About Eve and No Doubt's Gwen Stefani.
I did, however notice that on occasion, Amy was singing harmonies with herself. I'm not sure whether this was backing tracks (which is a possibility as there was no keyboard player on stage, but there were certainly keyboards playing) or whether they added it in a studio afterwards. This isn't an uncommon practice though, even Roger Waters did this with The Wall Live in Berlin.
The sound quality is excellent with a choice of 5.1 surround or 2.0. Great to see Missing (studio version) included on the CD and the DVD (DVD as end titles to Behind the Scenes doc), which I hadn't heard before and love. Breathe No More (Live) was also new to me and a beautiful track.
I have to say that the Behind the Scenes "documentary" was something of a disappointment. I was hoping to learn something about this excellent band and maybe have an interview with Amy. Unfortunately it was little more than a lot of shouting, mooning and general larking around. It did give an insight into Amy Lee though. By some of the lyrics to her songs, you'd expect her to be introverted and pessimistic. Well she certainly doesn't appear to be. If anything, she's like a kid that really shouldn't be allowed to have sugary drinks. It was a nice surprise.
One other thing: the track list is wrong, Missing is not in the concert at all, it's a studio track played during the end titles (as I said before).
A must DVD for all fans. Brilliant concert and great videos. Roll on album No 2!
on 8 December 2004
I think most people are being mislead into thinking this is a NEW ALBUM - IT ISNT, its a recording of one of their tour dates in Paris with additional DVD footage, all of the above rock especially the bands rendition of "Thoughtless." The CD does contain the studio recorded track "Missing" which wasnt included on Fallen, if you dont have this track, then the DVD - CD combo is a must.
I gave it only four stars because although the footage is great (Amy drunk is a must see!!) it is a bit random, there are also no real interviews as such. But apart from that for the price your paying its worth every ££££, look out for the hidden live video too........
on 11 January 2005
Having seen the band live in Birmingham, I wasn't disappointed with this excellent DVD/CD. (what a brilliant idea to put the concert on CD, because how many time do you want to listen to a live CD but only have it on DVD/video?)
with the added benefit of videos of their previously released tracks and 'Behind the scenes' to see them in their own light was excellent.
Amy Lee has a fantastic voice and this DVD/CD is an absolute must for any Evanescence fan.
on 24 November 2004
I am also a huge fan of Evanescence and I belive that the DVD/CD is fab. The DVD has the amazing performance from Zenith, Paris and as always the band are on top form. However, for me the backstage footage is what makes this DVD. Its is an hour long piece of them goofing around and being themselves which is great to see.
Now this matter of a bad cd, I thought that it was quite clear by the fact that since Ev havent actually released their 2nd album the content would not be all new. The tracks are the same as they are taken straight off of the DVD. This is why there is screaming in the background. In my opinion this adds to the cd as it gives you the atmosphere of being back at one of their gigs. The final track Missing (or the only redeeming feature as was said before!) is also not new, it is just unreleased, this song has been one of my favourites for a long time as it is truly beautiful, so at least we are in agreement about one thing. Ev are currently writing their new album and I believe this DVD/CD was released as there will be no more tours consisting of only the songs from fallen.
on 21 December 2004
All your favourite tracks and live. This is not like many artists who suddenly seem to have been utilising studio technology to make them sound good when they are heard live -- this woman can sing!!! A whole live concert that can only be appreciated with the lights off and the sound up. From loud to quiet, to quiet, to LOUD...... and she can play the piano!.
Fed up with the concert, no probs, all the music videos are here.
Two disks, one DVD and one CD and all for less than eleven quid. If only all bands were this good value. If you like Evanescence or just think you might do, buy this DVD set, I promise you will not be disappointed.
on 29 November 2004
Evanescence's debut 'Fallen' was my favorite debut album of the last decade, and Amy Lee is probably the best vocal talent to emerge from all of the 'nu' rock bands streaming out of America.
I did worry then that this would dissappoint, particularly as all the TV commercials featured studio versions of the songs to advertise this, a Live DVD.
Had the corporate boys at Wind-Up taken a lesson from the 'Bob-Rock' school of post production, and bleached every hint of live-ness from this? - Not a bit.
This is a full on Live DVD. Instruments and vocals have been allowed to fend for themselves in a really ballsy performance from all concerned.
The only detraction is the use of a backing track for synth noises and the odd bv. It is most prevalent during the intros, but thankfully it is low in the mix and the band really do shine through.
The band clearly enjoy themselves on-stage playing a very strong setlist, including a terrific Korn cover -'Thoughtless'.
Sure there is the odd duff note, but that is what makes it live. - Highly recommended.
on 5 February 2007
This is fantastic!! Not only does it contain a mind blowing concert on DVD but then a copy of the concert on CD too.

I got this when it came out and didn't know what to expect but having bought their first album and loving it I really wanted to see a LIVE dvd of a concert.

I was not disappoint with this!! It is an amazing concert from start to finish. I could sit there and watch it two times in a row and not get bored with it.

Also on the DVD is behind the scences feature which is just as enjoyable as the concert itself and with the added CD you can't go wrong with this!!
on 17 December 2004
The DVD was well worth going through a repeat of 'Fallen' tracks. You have the concert, the official vidoes and the behind-the-scenes footage. Somewhere in the region of 31/2 hours of stuff! Let's not forget the Live CD of the concert!?
I can't find one single fault with this package; even the Amazon price tag was more than admirable!
Go get it, you won't be sorry or disappointed!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is an excellent edition for any Evanescence fan. Whilst live CDs can be a waste of money sometimes, this luckily can't be said for this live offering. It sounds as though the whole atmosphere has been captured on the CD, without sacrificing anything from the tracks themselves. Amy Lee proves she is more than a pretty face, and that she can hold her all in live performance. The whole sense of energy that you get from listening to this concert is just amazing - it truly makes me long to see them live.

There is also the added bonus of having tracks that are previously unreleased. There is a cover of a Korn song, "Thoughtless", plus there is a bonus track at the end, "Missing".

The DVD concert footage is better than I had anticipated. Granted, the camerman does seem to be filming whilst on speed, as there are times the camera seems to flick erratically from one scene to the next, but overall you do get a pretty good sense of what the atmosphere would be like.

I love having the four music videos included in the DVD. As their videos are rarely shown on T. V., unless you have Kerrangs, it is a great bonus to have these.

I hope that this sort of release is going to be a common thing for Evanescence - now that they have released THE OPEN DOOR, can we hope for a live CD / DVD of that tour?