5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Aug 2014
Peter Taylor (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a present for my girlfriend as she was unhappy with her old phone, a HTC Desire 500. Straight away, we were very impressed with how the 816 operated - it's fast and does everything you want, and the battery life is brilliant. I can barely get a full 24 hours out of my HTC One X, but the 816 can last for 2 days if you treat it properly! The handset itself is lightweight and although it has a slightly cheap, plastic feel, it fits comfortably in your hand (despite it being on the large side). Overall, it was great, and with Amazon Prime we managed to get it delivered the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mid-Range Phone!, 10 July 2014
Only had it for a day and im speechless! When seeing the box, you think that there is hardly anything in there and its prob not as big as you think. well trust me, when I took the cover off i saw a HUGE phone! its actually bigger than the S5!

Anyway, as soon as I set it up with my details and what not i can tell you i put this phone to the test and it did not disappoint! From deep web browsing to playing 3D graphic games and yet it did not give in. The phone is snapped up with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 at 1.6 GHz, quad core CPU and trust me you can feel it when using it.

The display is not as impressive compared to its older brother the HTC One M8 but it doesn't disappoint at all. With a massive 5.5 Inch with a Super LCD2 display at 720 x 1280 Pixels at 267 PPI, it is a winner.

The memory is very reasonable for the phone as it states that there is 8 GB internal storage when actually you can use roughly about 4-5 GB for yourself. But with a expandable micro sd slot of up to 128 GB i think that makes up for it. Also, its backed with 1.5 GB of RAM data.

Finally the Camera. Its fitted with a whopping 13 Megapixel camera along with a 5 Megapixel forward facing camera or as HTC call it, Selfie mode which is better than some of the higher end phones.

Overall this phone is a flagship mid-range phone and it delivers in all aspects. For a price of 299, you are getting a mid-range phone which can potentially compete with some of the higher end phones. In my own opinion, its worth every penny.