on 2 January 2015
Not going to make this super technical.

I'm an IT technician and in short; this laptop is great, good sound from the speakers (don't fall for the marketing of other laptops like Lenovo.. Apart from HP Pavillion, that's pretty good) when they put "Dolby" on their laptops, don't get me wrong, it's great, but this is almost just as good if not as good...
A nice keyboard to type on too, quite enjoyable with clicky keys.
Screen is good too, not amazing, not bad or really average, just good.
Good build quality too, it's kind of plastic but kind of feels like a plastic/metal hybrid if you understand me, and sexy looking, in black anyway...
The i3 performs well too, much cleverer than a AMD A8 4500m which I found lagged quite a bit during 1080p YouTube videos and was running at 100% at some points! Terrible! But it was a lot better and more powerful for gaming due to the dual graphics. The i3 tends to run around 30 to 60% during the same type of tasks. They're intelligent and stable processors.
This laptop is also very quiet, the fan virtually never gets loud at all unless you cover the vents obviously.
4gb of RAM is enough for the average consumer too, but if you run a lot of apps at the same time I would recommend buying the 8gb version, it's only 29 quid more.
Oh, and the battery life is very good.
I would recommend the HP Pavilion 15-p032na too, it's £319.99 and beautiful looking with better speakers, but they're basically as good as one another... Enjoy having a tough time choosing between them!

This is a fantastic, solid, good all round laptop. Buy it and you won't be disappointed if that's what you're looking for.
66 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2015
Have been looking at this laptop for a while in my local computer retail shop and was waiting for a good offer. My brother then bought it in the colour the retailer sold so I decided to hunt around for a different colour. This red one really appealed to me and I hadn't seen it in any of the shops locally.

The only thing I would say is that different colour versions of this laptop have different RAM sizes and a few other minor differences, and I really have no idea why.

Booted it up and it seemed to lag slightly because of all the pre-installed stuff. As someone who works full time with computers, we cleared the operating system and put windows 7 on it instead.
It now seems to be running a lot smoother and doesn't have all the unnecessary garbage on it.

So far it's a nifty little laptop, nice and thin, small cables. Ideal if you're a student or frequently on the move. I would recommend this laptop to a friend.
on 26 August 2015
Right, 12 months since purchasing this laptop from Amazon and...........I LOVE my Acer! Firstly got a great deal from Amazon with free Office included and money off rrp. Was much cheaper than PC World and I've had only minor issues arising from my PC illiteracy. Installation was easy. Windows 8 soon became 8. 1 and it's been three weeks since I smoothly downloaded windows 10 for free from Microsoft. I love windows 10 and it works perfectly on this Acer laptop. I use my laptop for work (MS office packages), Internet browsing but mostly for entertainment. And for the great price, this laptop really delivers. Dvd picture and sound is fantastic , much better than I imagined for low/mid price laptop. Blacks are layered but I can live with that. I did have to adjust colours and brightness quite a lot, but that was simple enough and after a few tries I found the balance that suited my eyes. The speakers could be more bass friendly but this isn't a high end machine and the sound is crisp and has enough depth to immerse yourself in the movie or music. Great big screen with lovely keys and beautiful Matt red finish. I love my Acer. A year on I researched a lot before buying and took plunge. For price it's exceeded my expectations and the more I understand it and Windows 10 the more I love it. It's really heavy, but I don't really take it anywhere and when I do its in a shoulder bag so it's ok. That's my biggest fault. I love this machine. A year on and the honeymoon period is still going strong. This beauty, yes heavy but still looks great is everything I wanted and more, especially for the price. Fab.
on 1 December 2014
Excellent piece of kit, have used it for loads of different activities and it has never let me down, great connectivity strong battery life, I'm chuffed
on 26 April 2015
The first one I ordered was faulty, but after some time and lots of phone calls it was replaced and this one is working okay
on 10 June 2015
Very good for the value, dependable machine, dont hesitate
on 12 May 2016
Dont waste your money. After one repair now it wont stay on unless is pluged in. Battery wont charge neither.
on 12 February 2015
exellent! great look
on 28 July 2015
Laptop is great , not too bad , but i think im gonna need new battery as i cant use properly if not plug in .
on 17 January 2015