Published 3 months ago by shrek81

1.0 out of 5 stars dance
What happened to the making massive anthem esq songs?
If your just finding this band do yourself a favour, buy St Jude and Falcon instead.
Shame as they have had such limited success and I don't see any of these album tracks making the grade.
Published 2 months ago by David F.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing album to come out of Paris, Whitby and Ancoats. Top band; top album., 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
An album to completely fall in love with, the band have managed to produce an album that is the 'right amount of different' and brilliant at the same. The band have evolved since their debut album, 'St Jude', and whilst there is no way I'll ever tire of hearing 'Not Nineteen Forever' and 'Acrylic', there must be a reason why this album has followed me everywhere since its release.

'Falcon' sounded different to Jude and 'Anna' showed a change again. 'Concrete Love' does exactly what you want from an album and it keeps you guessing. I've got my favourite tracks ('How Good It Was' and 'Small Bones'), my go to songs, then I change my mind and fall completely in love with another track ('Beautiful Head'). But, that's why I love the album: they're all my favourites.

For those lucky enough to have the deluxe version, the DVD recording of the Castlefield Bowl gig is amazing. Memories were made that night: Concrete Love will fit right in to the brilliant gigs (as it did at Liverpool O2 on album release day) and I'm certainly glad this album is on my playlist.

You've done it again, lads: here come the young men.

5.0 out of 5 stars A slightly new sound and it works!, 30 Aug 2014
Doug (North Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
Another great album by The Courteeners. Took a few days for it to grow on me and then I saw them live at the Liverpool O2 where they played a few of the songs. Really pleased with the album and I'd put it up with some of Liams best work. How Good It Was is one of my favourite songs The Courteeners have made!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT EDITION!!!, 6 Oct 2014
Ricardo D. Amico "Rica" (São Paulo, Brazil) - See all my reviews
THE NEW ALBUM CONCRETE LOVE IS A 3 STAR ALBUM, ANA IS BETTER. BUT THIS EDITION IS PERFECT. SIGNED AND WITH A LIVE DVD. THE SHOW IS AMAZING!!! CAPTURES THE BAND IN YOUR BEST!!! THE COURTEENERS IS ONE OF THE BEST NEW GENERATION BAND. IT'S A GREAT MIX OF ROCK, POP, INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth a Listen!, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
Love the album- haven't listened to anything else in my car since I bought it. Slightly different sound to their previous albums, but still very much 'The Courteeners'. As with all albums some tracks are better than others- but those that are amazing make it well worth the buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... when I saw the album artwork as it's not like them, but an excellent album, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love - Amazon Exclusive Signed Version (Audio CD)
I was quite dubious when I saw the album artwork as it's not like them, but an excellent album! Quite different to their previous albums but still brilliant. Don't judge an album by the artwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album, 16 Dec 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
Great album with a number of really good, catchy songs. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it grew on me after every listen, and now I absolutely love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A new style that exceeds most bands., 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
It's up there with Falcon and St. Jude and exceeded Anna which would take some bloody good music. Possibly my favourite album of 2014. Didn't expect this sort of album but honestly if anyone could explain a perfect album, it would be this. I was getting bored of my other music and was looking for something new and fresh. Not just good but one of the best albums I would ever hear and Concrete Love has really hi the spot. Would recommend to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars dance, 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: Concrete Love (Audio CD)
What happened to the making massive anthem esq songs?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant dvd, 4 Oct 2014
It is a good album, not falcon, But it deserves 5 Stars because of the billiant dvd, what a show...

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good album - needs a few listens at first but ..., 24 Aug 2014
A very good album - needs a few listens at first but after a week I'm really liking it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Concrete Love - Amazon Exclusive Signed Version
Concrete Love - Amazon Exclusive Signed Version by The Courteeners (Audio CD - 2014)