5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
Published on 14 July 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest review
The story was fine but the repetition of certain phrases I found annoying maybe being older I prefer more action in my stories and less meandering
Published on 24 Feb. 2013 by Avidreader

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 14 July 2012
Since I got my kindle I have been drawn to authors that I have never thought of reading before. OK I'm Scottish and can't resist a bargain. The first in the series is usually free and then once you've read it you are hooked. The Sovereign of the Seven Isles series has been a relavation. I have read a lot of fatansy books and this series is up with the best of them. David Eddings, Trudi Canavan, Ian Irvine, Piers Anthony, perhaps even Tolkein. Once you start you will not be able to put it down. At times the detail of the battle scenes is more information than I need, but that is more than made up for by the tension and the need to read just one more page to see what happens. Thoroughly recommend this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth a read, 7 July 2012
this is the 3rd book in this series and it is a thoroughly enjoyable read.
I would put David A Wells on a par with Gemmell or Feist if not better.
After reading Thinblade the first in the series I bought the other three straight away.
The characters in the seven Isles are many and varied and I am looking forward to the forth
book which I am just about to start.
well done

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better, 13 Aug. 2012
The first book in the series starts a bit stiffly, but each one from there redeems it and it just keeps getting better. The author has created a great storyline that ties well together and kept me up at night.

Also, is so cheap on Kindle, it's a no-brainer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of the series so far., 28 Oct. 2012
Of the three books I've read so far this has been the best so far. There's lots going on,with the action being split across several characters and not just focusing on Alexander. Whilst I enjoyed it though I do regret the way the main villain of the storyline, Phane, has been reduced to almost a bit role here and comes across more comical than dangerous. And I can see why some people have written in their reviews that they don't like the way that everything always goes Alexander's way, that he seems to get a few scratches, drinks Lucky's healing potion and then everything is fine. There is that element in he book but it didn't detract too much from my enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better, 28 Jun. 2012
Wow! The batte scenes are extraordinary, graphic and very blood thirsty. I am thoroughly enjoying this series of books, so much so that I have recommended them to my brother who is an avid fantasy reader too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 15 Nov. 2012
Excellent series of books would recommend to anyone! a really gripping story with great characters that you want to find out what happens to them next!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better!, 22 Jan. 2013
David Wells is going from strength to strength, with each book this series is improving and it was already great to begin with!
While occasionally predictable the plot has enough twists to keep it interesting and you won't go far wrong readin this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great sequel, 16 Jan. 2013
The third book of a very good series. In this book there is a bigger role for some of the characters which keeps the story moving in a great direction. Fantasy fans should give this series a try I'm sure that it will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars i recommend this saga to all fantasy genre lovers, 24 Jan. 2013
As with the previous two books in the series David A Wells has put together the threads of a great world spanning epic here. Its not so deep you get lost in the analogies and morals etc but deep enough to keep you very interested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Third book, 24 Dec. 2012
I am really enjoying the Sovereign of the Seven Isles books - as soon as one is finished I immediately download the next! The story is captivating, however there is quite a bit of repetition, which can be slightly annoying.