‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of this series!!!!, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This is fast becoming one of my all time favourite series. The complexity and passion in the storyline makes your heart beat and your nerves tingle. What started off as a NA treat has become a Mob masterclass.

Tex Campisi is probably my favourite character. He is extremely funny, sweet, beautiful and above all an accomplished killer. The love of his life is none other than Mo, Nixon's sister and despite the threats Nixon rains down on him in a daily basis about staying far away from his sister, Tex is powerless to her charms. Mo is perfect for Tex, she too is a highly skilled fighter and with her knives strapped to her body, any man should fear her, including Tex. The real magic though appears when these two are together. Unable to resist their love for each other but knowing they can never be together, Tex and Mo's emotions explode.

This story continues with the families battling for control and with the Sicilian threat ever looming and Tex being expected to take the reins of the Campisi empire, the group have to work together to find the best way to alleviate the pressure they are facing and which will arrive at their door all too soon.

I love the passion and determination Mo shows throughout this story. She loves her man and nothing and no-one will stop them being together. The extremes she goes to to protect and keep Tex from harm is breathtaking as is her resolve to once and for all make this man hers for eternity.

I won't go into details about the storyline as it will spoil it too much if you haven't already read it but you will be blown away at the return of a ghost and also getting to know a couple of new characters a little better. I love the way everything is solved with a punch, gun shot or a stabbing in their lives. Far fetched, yes, but totally enjoyable and crackpot crazy!!!

I can't wait to read the next instalment but in the meantime there are some novellas to whet your appetite for more and to fill in some of the gaps. I don't know how Rachel does it though. With so many complex twists and turns she brings her readers to a crescendo only to leave them wanting more once again. For me that's the sign of a truly talented writer.

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends....

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Outstandingly brilliant stars = This series is an absolute must read, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Elicit by Rachel Van Dyken is book #4 in The Eagle Elite series.

I've had this book on my kindle since it was released but I just couldn't convince myself to start it. These books stress me out and when I read the teaser about Tex at the end of book #3 I was so worried that Tex would become the devil that I've been terrified to read Elicit.

I've got to say it Rachel Van Dyken your books stress me out. To say that I'm going to have a book hangover in the morning is a massive understatement.

It's 2.45am and I've just finished reading, there was no way I could put this book down. I'm so tense and wound up because literally right up to the last minute I genuinely had no idea how it would all turn out.

Is it odd that I really hate Sergio, why didn't Tex at least shoot him once just to get the message across???

Now I know the majority of people will have already read this book but regardless I'm going to try and not give away any spoilers.

This story twists and turns more than a good roller coaster and to be honest if you don't pay attention it could be really easy to become completely confused.

It feels like everyone is double crossing and lying to someone else, who is then lying to someone else.

I think what I forgot about these character is 'blood in, no out' but sometimes blood isn't just the stuff you were born with.

I can't believe he's back!!!! I kind of love him now, he's so broken, so much more than before and you just know that she is going to be the one that saves him!!

I loved this book, it had me on the edge of my seat and so stressed my back hurts from being tense as a board for the last couple of hours but God this series is brilliant.

I've never read anything that is anywhere near as outrageously complicated or amazingly dramatic Elicit gets 5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars What would you sacrifice for the one you love?, 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I read the first two books and then skipped to this one. I thought the first two were intense (the second more than the first), but this one ratchets up the tension to a whole new level. I actually had to read the last couple chapters to find out what happens to ease the pressure. It made me go, What the heck? But I'm glad I did...it didn't ruin the book...I went back and read the book with anticipation not knowing exactly how the story would be resolved. I love how Van Dyken tells the stories from multiple character's perspective. You get a larger and deeper story (with character development). I will also say Mo (the main heroine in this book) is one of the author's stronger female characters (though I haven't read Mil's story and I suspect she may win hands down). This book sets up nicely for another one in the series, Embers...that will be a must read!!! I found the first book in the series had some weak points that nearly put me off reading more, but the story gets stronger and all the books are woven together. I felt this was the strongest story yet. If you've not read this series I do recommend starting with the first book. The characters are all part of the Mafia and there is a lot of violence etc. Some characters I enjoyed more than others and my favorite (can't tell who or it would spoil) was for me the heart of the story...though I would have been happy for him to have more story time. Through the bleeding heart of the story runs the theme of forgiveness and redemption.

I've never read a series where most of characters are so morally bankrupt and yet so engaging and easy to care about (which is why I had to read the end first because I couldn't bear not knowing what would happen to them whether they'd live or die). I think this is the best written of her books I've read so far; not only does she spin a great tale, but she's made me ponder the souls of these characters and how I judge others.

5.0 out of 5 stars D*mn straight speechless., 11 Aug. 2014
Liza Dequilla (Manila, Philippines) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Seventy-two chapters. Seventy-two chapters of pure and raw intensity. Rachel Van Dyken had yet again left me in awe of her mafia-story telling prowess. She never fails to give the readers top notch novels!

Out of the four books of the Eagle Elite series, I can say that Elicit will be my second favorite just a little behind Elect. Being this Tex's book, I expected more and I was given more. I wanted more heightened emotions and my craving was satisfied.

One thing that I could really point out that I loved the most in Elicit is the power of the three women---Trace, Mil and Mo. I love them in that specific order. Trace's kind heart, Mil's spunk and Mo's vulnerability, Rachel had equaled the females to the males in Elicit. As much as my heart throbs for the mafia guys, I was really drawn to the three of them.

Don't even ask me about the big twist. I was utterly speechless. My jaw literally dropped combined with my eyes wide open. When sh*t hit the fan, my mouth just swore it might have bled out. Rachel Van Dyken never runs out of surprises. The little highlights she had put with the old and new characters would really want you asking for more.

The ratio of dialogue to non- dialogue parts in the beginning of the story might have been the small downfall for me. I personally s*ck in reading long paragraphs that do not contain quotations but when Rachel started the interesting parts, I was redeemed.
Roller coaster of emotions, rawness of events and the action- pack scenes will take your breath away. Words will never be enough to list the reasons on why Elicit is the book to click this season!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This is a very difficult book to review as there is the potential for so many spoilers. If you're considering reading this then in all likely hood you've read the predecessors and know that Elicit primarily centres around Tex and Mo's story. If you've not read any previous books, I would highly suggest you start at Elite and work your way up to Elicit - trust me you won't be disappointed. This is hands down one of my favourite series out there at the moment and for me offers something more than the norm.

I purposefully did not start this book until I knew I had a day without interruptions because I knew once I picked it up there would be no putting it down - I was not wrong. Rachel has yet again delivered with Elicit.There were more twists and turns in the plot than ever and I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

More than that though, Tex and Mo's love story really sucked me in and gave me a good working over. Trust me when I say you will need tissues with this book.

Tex's character really came a long way in Elicit. He is normally the character that brings the humour to this series and while that was still there, we got to see a whole new emotional side to him and I was smitten by the end.

One of the things I like about Rachel's books is that she writes strong female characters and Mo was no exception to the rule. She was sassy and really stepped up to the plate here for everything she loves - Mo is probably my favourite female character in this series.

Elicit was certainly more edgier than the earlier books which I feel is perfectly in sync with the story and character's progression. This book had everything for me, action, heartbreak, romance and genuine OMG moments

A big massive 5 stars from me for Elicit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful novel by the amazingly talented Rachel Van Dyken, 12 Aug. 2014
Another wonderful novel by the amazingly talented Rachel Van Dyken! She is the woman that writes sweet Regencies where the damsel rescues the Rake. The Bet series with the very lovable and hilarious Grandma Nadine. The Seaside series with the troubled teenage rock stars that find love in the last place they would have ever thought. The Ruin series with Wes Michels who is an inspiration to us all. Finally the Eagle Elite series, welcome to the dark side of the family.

Elicit is the fourth installment in the Eagle Elite series. Each book gets better and better! When you're finished reading you think there's no way Rachel can top this. Well, does she ever! This book is so INTENSE! I laughed, I cried, I was happy, my heart broke, I was severely pissed, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time with adrenaline coursing through my body not wanting to put it down. There are so many details that make this story what it is. Tex is the one that is always laughing and making jokes but now he is the new boss to the Campisi family, the greatest enemy of all of the American families. Mo is the Mafia Princess that was kept in the dark on the gory details of the family business and now she finds herself in the middle of it. If two people were ever made for each other it would be Tex and Mo, their story is incredible! "Maybe blood doesn't always win out-maybe sometimes love can trump blood."

5.0 out of 5 stars Freaking amazing!, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
By far, the best book in the Eagle Elite Series by Rachel Van Dyken, to date! I don’t know how she keeps them coming, packed with so much suspense, action, love, and absolute passion; it’s a winning situation for everyone!

This is Tex’s story, who we’ve come to love as the “red headed step child” to the Abandonato clan. The image I had of him was completely twisted and distorted after reading Elicit, but I can honestly say I feel “closer” to Tex now, and can see through his eyes much clearly. This darker, more violent side to Tex has actually made me crush on him a bit, not taking anything aside from my main squeeze, Chase.

Everyone has their part to play in this go around, and it’s beyond emotional, and it shows the mafia families at their best. Pulling together, bringing the past back to help secure the future, and just being all around badass!

Let’s not forget the love and hate relationship of Tex and his long time love, Monroe, who happens to be the Abandonato mafia princess. Can you say HOT? These two have to be one of my favorite book couples of all time, and the pull they have towards each other is everlasting. As always, things can’t be simple for them, but what’s the fun in that! Fan flipping tastic addition to the Eagle Elite series, and Rachel is a total mafia rock star! BRAVO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, 11 Aug. 2014
Awesome!
I'm not going to lie before I read this I was 100% #Teamchase, I am now however split between all four of the eagle elite boys!
I love this book so much, I could read it over and over. Just when you think you've figured it all out, it takes another turn. I love the darkness of this book. The chemistry between Tex and Mo is off the charts!
I must have highlighted most of the book, my favourites are:

"In the end...he would choose Campisi.
In the end...she would choose Abandonato.
In the end...there would be bloodshed"

"Welcome to the Mafia, blood in, well isn't that just s****y, there is no freaking out"

"They were going to make me choose"

"In death you find your freedom, but it is life where you are truly free"

Rachel's books just keep getting better and better, I'm so glad there are going to be more books in this series I especially want to read Phoenix's story! You need this book/series in your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I love love love love loved this book!!! In fact I love the whole series and I hope to god you don't stop writing these rachel!! So Nixon will always be my favourite because come on he's awesome and hot and chase was a very close second but now he is definitely joint second with Tex. And I have a feeling that Phoenix is going to join them after the next book too. I have done this book in one sitting I seriously couldn't put it down I didn't even eat until after I had finished it. So yeah Rachel van dyken you seriously rock!!! I have also read her bet series and seaside which are all completely different but amazing! Elite series is by far my all time favourite though and I can't wait for the next books in this series to come out..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4)
Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) by Rachel Van Dyken