on 9 August 2014
I loved Blindsight, and so was happy to buy this short story to whet my appetite for Echopraxia (out later this year). This was an engaging and readable tale, although not 100% satisfying (there's too much left unsaid and unresolved, but that's to be expected in what is essentially a teaser for a new novel). I would guess that you need to have read Blindsight already to make sense of this - I think anyone going in cold would be scratching their head.
on 4 August 2014
This short story follows on from Blindsight and reintroduces us to the world that sent theseus into the stars. Fantastic. I simply cannot wait for Echopraxia.
on 13 October 2014
well written exciting story with depth but was just starting to get into the characters and scene when it finished?
on 5 February 2015
Short and easy to understand, I read this after finishing Firefall, the seminal dual story book by Peter Watts. The stars are given more for the continuing pleasure than for this piece itself as it gives another little snapshot into the links between the novels and so enhances the enjoyment of both and, especially, Echopraxia.
on 31 October 2014
This is an excellent piece of space opera. What Amazon doesn't make clear is that it is at most a novella, and a prequel to Peter Watts's book Firefall. I heartily recommend them both to anyone who enjoys SF.
on 4 September 2014
Great little teaser for the upcoming book.
on 7 August 2015
I liked this so much I killed myself after reading it, killing the opportunity for repeat business.

Watts is an an acquired taste, but one worth developing.
on 2 October 2014
A link from Blindsight that complements the Echopraxia website giving the context for his second novel in the Firefall series. A great short read
on 27 October 2015
Its only 40 pages what a rip off!
on 14 October 2015