on 9 July 2014
Great story, and based in the UK!! As always with Zombie novels we have to suspend reality, with Luke's story it really doesn't seem to matter. the characters are interesting, if at times a little extreme! I do like that Luke is not afraid of using 'military Speak' (although having served in the British Army I can certainly relate). A few typos do crop up but it doesn't detract from the fast moving plot, just a bit annoying that a well crafted story has them. A great book and i'm looking forward to the next instalment. I have read Luke Duffy's other books and i'm always impressed, a difficult genre to get right!
on 11 February 2015
A stand out book in the zombie genre. I found the start a little "shaky" but as Luke gets into the details of the outbreak "bigger picture" it becomes a solid read, it's a good story, set in Britain, that features an SF team and their mission to collect a VIP before evacuation of the mainland. Luke weaves several stories into one solid tale. Definitely worth a read.
I'm not sure that Chinook would have started that quickly though. ;)
on 27 July 2014
This is the fourth book by this author in this particular genre and if there is a better writer in this field I have not read them. His background in the military gives the authenticity off the action an edge that is utterly believable and keeps you involved with the characters. If this is your genre then look no further for a better read.
on 14 December 2015
Hmmm I have read other reviews and I think these people are one of the following:
Not true zombie fans,
Have no imagination,
Or just don't enjoy a book and get taken up by the story.

We have a flu which is at a massive epidemic stage. There is an elite force in the UK who carry out tasks that no other unit ever do. They are completely off the radar, don't even have things called bank accounts. But what they do have is courage, brawn and good personalities. They are sent to kill a terrorist in a small hideout, to leave no survivors. To return home and await their new assignment, but something strange happens, they can't quite put their finger on it, but despite killing these people, were they still alive?
True, yes they were, and it's going to get a lot tougher, when the dead start walking, and the world starts crumbling, how can they help to save it?
on 11 December 2014
This book is a must for anyone who enjoys Zed Heads. The action is great the build up to each action either by the team or other characters is great. The way the team members talk to each other and talk to the commanders is second to none. I bought the 2nd book straight after the I had finished the 1st, I only hope that there will be a 3rd book, I had bought Luke's other Zed trilogy 'When There's No More Room In Hell' and I couldn't put down the books.
on 23 October 2014
As a zombie fiction lover, this was not only a good zombie story set in the UK, it was also a really cleverly written and funny story. It's not often someone is able to write in first person narrative in a believable military fashion capturing the style of squaddie banter but this does it in spades. Good back stories and a great read, keep it up mate, good book.
on 12 September 2014
A good action packed story in the Zombie apocalypse genre. Whilst I enjoyed the unfolding story I found it was little different from the other well written books of this type. A good read but not exceptional. I suspect lovers of the military style of approach to this type of tale will rather disagree with me!
on 2 February 2015
Mate,
Great read, I love the military chat that can only really come from an ex service man. I'm now in the process of downloading book 2. The only drama I've got is when book 3 will be ready.
Cheers again.
on 21 February 2016
For the price I was a bit dubious but thought I would give it a go. How surprised I was to find out I really enjoyed this book. Did not take me long to read, but that's more to the point I couldn't put it down. The characters aren't the deepest ever, but deep enough for you to care what happens to them. Will certainly be getting the rest in the series.
on 6 September 2014
Utterly brilliant,just couldn't put it down,loved the characters and the story,can't wait until the next book,just like your other books full of fear and action .please don't make us wait to long Luke,loved it.