Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£15.83

on 27 June 2014
The fourth book in this series focusses on separate attempts by Ethan and Atton in first of all finding, and then persuading the mythical Avilons to come to their assistance. I don't want to say too much about the plot, so you will just have to read the book.

Nevertheless, this fourth instalment on the whole, is in my opinion, actually an improvement on the original trilogy. The author has expanded the use of technology, but in a way which meshes well with the telling of the story. The main characters from the original trilogy, namely Ethan, Atton, and Alara are filled out more, along with some new ones, including a few Sythians. Captain Caldin makes a welcome return, and is key to Atton's mission.

There are some surprises in the story which I didn't foresee, particularly at the end. In fact, I have to admit to being somewhat incredulous at the ending, and am not sure it gels well with the story. However, you will just have to read it to make your own mind up.

I am pleased that the massive amount of appendixes that appeared in the original trilogy have been omitted here, as I think the story explains itself fairly well without the need for them. A good book, and I look forward to the fifth instalment.
on 13 September 2014
Having read The Original Trilogy of the Dark Space series I realised when purchasing this, that book 4, Revenge, was available at the same time so I made this purchase also. Revenge was an equally enthralling read and brilliantly developed the on going story lines with equally as many twists and turns as was found in the original books. This together with the three original books have to be amongst the best eBooks I have to date read. Some of the story lines may be described by some as too be far fetched but it has to be remembered this is fiction in the sci fi genre and particularly in this case is enhanced by the authors out of the box thinking. Great book, well written with great imagination and of sufficient length to make it a great buy. I look forward to the next book in the series.
on 18 November 2014
Fantastic book. I have now read all 4 books in the series and found them all compelling. The characters are well rounded and thankfully not too many of them to keep tabs on throughout the story so far. Book 4 has a great twist in the tail, and has a great interpretation on the possibilities of the origins of both the human species and religion. I can't wait to get book 5 to find out if those pesky Sithians finally get what they deserve. Bring it on......
on 10 August 2014
I was unsure a change of pace would help this series but I was pleasantly surprised, the author has certainly improved from the first book and the story has improved and elevated above its initial premise into something a little more grand, the focus is on some of the more minor characters a little more and it benefits the story greatly.

I enjoyed this book and read it quickly and I'm looking forward to the next, I'm certainly glad I chose to start this series as its turned into a quite enjoyable story, the first chapters of the first book were a struggle but the story is definitely enjoyable.
on 28 August 2014
The fourth book is, in my opinion, the best so far. The twists and turns in the fates of the main characters make their fortunes difficult to predict and makes for an exciting read. The introduction of the Avilons into the main story creates another dimension and I am eager to see where the author takes this in the next book. I note the comments in other reviews regarding the ending and am inclined to agree but it is difficult to comment further on this without exposing the plot.

The story has grown and gathered momentum thoughout this series and I hope this continues in Book 5. I cant wait!
on 14 February 2015
Dark Space 4 Review.. Revenge and its bitter sweet....
The book Starts off as you would expect from the 3rd albeit slightly disjointed at first I felt but it soon tied up a few loose threads from the 3rd book.. which is more than handy if you were reading this as a standalone book... and it now as had Hoff made the Admiral and Supreme Overlord of the fleet and now in charge of the ISSF fleet ship the valiant! And the continued ongoing struggle against the Sythians. No great spoiler there it did seem a obvious step even before i started the book lol
The intrigue all starts on the first chapter when we meet up again with Master Commander Lenon Donali (XO to Hoff)and takes the plot in a slightly different direction to expected, I have to say this whole bit of the plot did seem very week to me and sort of fizzles out in the end, but it does keep you guessing at times, but to be detracts from the meat of the plot and what Hoffs plan is for the survival of the fleet and of course his plan to defeat Lord Koan who isn’t quite as Dead as we may be led to believe..
The book bounces along at a great pace with some great filler in terms of the personality of some of the main characters, with me wilfully wishing two of the main love interest females got either shot or certainly get their just deserts for all the moaning they do.. I will leave it to you to find out if they do... but great writing has you rooting for Father and son at this point!
I felt the some of the final chapters centring around the battle for Avilon took a little to long although I did like the multiple viewpoint of the main Characters inc the Systhians.. The Gors only really got a bit part in this book which was a shame has I was beginning to warm to them from their ongoing Storyline from the first three book..
In the end it certainly leaves you wanting more, maybe because it leaves you with more questions than there are actual answers.. So i am looking forward to book five..and 6
Any fan of Sci-Fi should order and read these books Now Its a no brainer really.. book 4 in the series to me seem a start of a whole new trilogy 4,5,6 and to me that’s a good thing...

Jay Smith
on 1 November 2015
I'm quite a fan of the plot for this series now and some books are better than others. Without spoilers I can say once again the plot twists don't disappoint in this latest installment.

All your favourite characters are back and the story continues to more forward in Jasper Scotts universe.

But unfortunately there are some downsides that I really can't ignore in this latest installment. Anyone who has read this series will understand there isn't much realism in this series and there are some blatant holes in the plot. But in this latest book there are just too many to overcome. Missiles that deplete shields sometimes destroy ships in one hit, soldiers with in built weapons suddenly forgot they have working weapons and need to find guns. Ships take damage in one chapter from a gravity well but then the same class of ships fail to take damage later on. Alara, Hoff and Gina seem to change personalities every chapter. When realism is stretched to the limit to begin with, then all these other inconsistencies make it frustrating to read at times.
on 23 November 2014
Review of Dark Space 1-4
I constantly trawl through amazon looking for series to read, either fantasy or science fiction, rarely do I get to the fourth book & not have some gripe about it, be it constant recapping, typo's, lack of direction or just the feeling that it's another book being churned out.
The Dark Space series has me waiting for the fifth book with anticipation, with a feeling that the author couldn't actually put all his ideas down & compress it, there is direction & evolution to the story.
The characters are well founded through their interactions and they grow with the story rather than being overly explained, which enables the story to flow rather than grind down in excessive dialogue. It is fast paced, there is always something about to happen & always a twist in the story that keeps you interested.
Although I didn't, if you are looking for sci-fi to read you may as well jump in with the 1-3 book set to start with, I doubt you will be disappointed.
on 31 May 2014
I have read all of Jaspers books and have absolutely loved the DS series, this book is by far the best of the 4 and is superbly written, I read it in almost 2 days as I could not put it down. The battle scenes in the book are just immense. There is something about a story where humanity is all but defeated but at the last moment when all looks about to end we come soaring out of the ashes and get Revenge. The Synthians will now know what it is like to be the ones running and hiding and deserve everything that they have coming to them.

Although I am now a bit disappointed because I have read it to quick and now I have to wait for the next instalment COME ON JASPER WRITE QUICKER MAN! :)

What I also like is how friendly Jasper is and how he actually listens to his readers when things are suggested and thanks them for their feedback.
on 2 July 2014
Revenge continues the Dark Space series by Jasper T Scott where 10 years ago humanity was nearly anhilated by and vast alien threat.The characters in this series feel alive and have a great depth and the the 4th book revenge does not disapoint the characters continue to grow and the plot twists and turns and secrets about the aliens and their true origin are revealed which make the near extintion of humanity more terrible and yet there is still hope for survival.The characters are well rounded and you really want them to survive the trials Scott puts them through.A great book from a great series and i cant wait to read book 5 and the continuine saga.