5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Installment
I loved the first book in this series and I think this one is as good if not better. There are bits of the book I was not completely keen on especially the amount of time on Prince Henry (though at the end I understood the reason why).
Published 9 months ago by Bagsy

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting diversion
I've read all three Ark Royal boks and, for the most part, they were quite interesting and worked well as a bedtime read. They didn't captivate me enough to read at other times though a a really good book does.

Published 2 months ago by Adrian Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Installment, 23 Mar 2014
Bagsy (Northamptonshire England) - See all my reviews
This time the Ark Royal is leading a multi-national task force into enemy space. I will not go into the specifics but suffice to say it leads to plenty of action and not everything goes completely to plan.
At the end of the book the author asks the question whether he should write about what happened on Earth whilst the Ark Royal is on its mission or carry on where the second book ends. Whilst I am eager to know what happens next if he intends to write about Earth then it would be better to find that out first.
Roll on the next book I say whichever one he writes first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second book in this series, 13 April 2014
Mr. G. D. Cheal (Crawley, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the second instalment in the Ark Royal series following the crew and exploits of a futuristic starfighter carrier.
It is fast paced and full of gritty action and the characters from the first book continue to develop in depth.
Mr Nuttall is a prolific writer however he manages to keep on writing quality stories which grip the reader and pull you in. I like the fact that he actually concentrates on the trials and tribulations of the characters involved and they are very believable and likeable (or hateable if that's what is intended.) All too often the characters in books are super human or plain but that is not the case in this series.
I also like the fact that the story flows smoothly without any science techno babble or bull@~*& It is all too tempting to go off track in sci fi with explanations as to how things work...Do I care or need to know how a puller field might work? No, I don't. The same as I don't need a science lesson while reading a fantasy book. Thank you for not doing that Mr Nuttall.

Mr Nuttall is also very engaging with his fans and it makes his books even more fun and captivating to read when there are direct name dropping moments or veiled reference to fans. (I was ecstatic to see a reference to me in this one)

Please keep up the writing and the good quality, I look forward to reading the next instalment

5.0 out of 5 stars The Nelson touch, 1 May 2014
Great read from start to finish. Very believable storyline and characters. Leaves you wanting to know more about the aliens and Prince hrnry

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 27 April 2014
very good and we need a third one soon pass it on to writer please i enjoyed the first one as well

4.0 out of 5 stars BSG without the soap-opera, 24 Mar 2014
A great follow-up to the Ark Royal series, continues with his well thought out action and excellent pace with plenty of mystery and plot twists. There are new characters introduced and developed but it doesnt get lost in the relationships and the background world is expanded. This series will appeal to anyone who loved BSG but hated the soap-opera element.

A real bargain at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wednesday is here..., 21 July 2014
I seem to remember that's when the Eagle used to get delivered every week, a joyous day when everything became possible and Dan Dare was seriously heroic. Mr Nuttall is too young to remember that but I bet he's got his dad's copies up in the attic.
Great stuff, proper ripping yarn time. Stuff probability, who needs it, we know the Royal Navy will win in the end. They always do. Just ask the Spanish armada, the Graf Spee and many a greater foe.

With this book an unexpected social angle emerges... Britain is ruled by a monarchistic aristocracy in x-ty years in the future. Ummm... how on earth did that happen? Probability becomes well stuffed at this point but who knows???

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting diversion, 25 Sep 2014
Adrian Matthews (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

For me the books need a good editor. There are numerous mixing up of character names, changes of names and general errors that kept me searching back.

I've watched the same TV series as the author so there were no great surprises in the main plot but it was spoiled a bit by the way the characters jump from being almost omnipotent to missing things that would be obvious to a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Oct 2014
J. N. Bullock "JNB" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
An excellent story that has the twists and turns that one has come to expect from Christopher Nuttall. Set in the far future the Ark Royal is an obsolete carrier waiting to be scrapped when contact is made with hostile aliens and the Ark is the only ship that can stand up to them. The ship and her dedicated crew have won the battles so far but the aliens are still coming.

This second book of the Ark Royal trilogy is every bit as good as the previous one and further fixes Chris Nuttalls position as one of our leading sci-fi writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!, 25 Mar 2014
Second book in the Ark Royal franchise, could not put it down, just like the last one and can't wait for the next, keep up the good work Christopher!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second in the series, 3 Aug 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed this second book in an excellent series. The first one was very good and this is better. Christopher manages to keep a good balance between telling the stories of the humans involved in the conflict with the very alien aliens, as well as enthralling and riveting action sequences. I am looking forward to the third book, which should be downloading as I write this review! Highly recommended!