5.0 out of 5 stars It keeps getting better!!!
Published 3 months ago by J Peterson

3.0 out of 5 stars A. Good story
A very good story. Not nearly as action packed as the others though. I thought this book ended the story but was disappointed when it didn't. It feels like it has been going on too long now and needs to come to a conclusion before I get completely bored. The story could always continue with the rebuild of earth and the Lorian gifted kids adventures but this part needs to...
Published 2 months ago by hoggie

5.0 out of 5 stars It keeps getting better!!!, 8 Sep 2014
This is the first book, since the first one, that I have really enjoyed. The other books were good. No denying that, but they all lacked something. They were all disappointing in some way. This book however, was exciting, impelling, intriguing, filled with answers, filled with questions and that ending though, I don't know if I want it too be true or not. Interesting stuff.

The Mogadorian invasion has arrived. Can the Garde stop them before it's too late. Will they lose anymore friends along the way? Will they gain any allies? Will humanity figure out who the Mogadorians truly are, before their demise is final? Read this book to find out more of the answers to these compelling questions.

If you've enjoyed all the other books, this one will be no different. It captivates you. Dangles the answers in front of your face and then pulls them away at the last second. Leaves you wanting more. The fact of the matter is, this series has been building toward a big epic final book, where life as we know it will change forever, let's just hope that the writers deliver the book the readers and fans deserve. They've taken us on an epic journey, a journey that's nearing it's end.

There is nothing this book lacks. It's filled will the characters we love, the characters we hate. The action, the emotion. Comedy and drama.

About that ending. It came as a surprise to me. I didn't realise the book was about to finish. So when I read that last paragraph and turned the page expecting an explanation, finding only the end of the book, the excitement and the curiosity that brimmed to the surface was huge. To end it like that. So unexpected was annoying, but oh so good. As I've said I don't know if I want the writers to go down that path, but at the same time it would be great to see where it leads.

You'll find out what I mean when you read the book.

This book is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Revenge of Seven: Lorien Legacies Book 5 (Kindle Edition)
I have loved the lorien legacies series ever since the first book came out and this is another brilliant book.
This contains a lot more brilliant vivid action scenes, and a lot less ( thank God) pointless Twilight style romance rubbish. This is one of the only books in which I can't stand the main character yet still love the book. I can't stand John Smith, or his annoying girlfriend Sarah. There is a lot less of Sarah in this book (yay) but she still pops up in John's narrative chapters "oh woe, I miss Sarah so," which I can't bear. That is the only reason I have missed a star out of the rating.
This book made me laugh, with Nine's hilarious cynical sense of humour, and Six, as always, by far my favourite character, completely owns every chapter she's in.
Another brilliant read by Pittacus Lore- worth every penny with some great twists in!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'The Revenge of Seven' Book Review, 3 Sep 2014
Let's see if I can pull myself together long enough to write this review.
I have a strong feeling I can't..

First of all, the fifth book in any series isn't like your average book. It doesn't look to develop the characters to the extent the first book does, or anything like that. That's not what it's aiming for, so that's not what I'll judge it on. What it wants is to further the over-arcing plot as much as it needs to, and to keep you entertained.
By God, this book did that!

I should probably start with the one thing I didn't love, and that was the lack of any Marina chapters in the book. I can't remember if 'The Rise of Nine' or 'The Fall of Five' featured points of view from Nine and Five respectively, but I really wanted to experience this part of the story through Marina's eyes, especially after what happened at the end of the previous book. To be honest though, around a quarter of the way through, I completely forgot about it, because the story was so enthralling. So I guess even my one negative point doesn't have too much hold haha.

Now onto the great parts! Oh man, where to start!

As to what I said before, about fifth books in series wanting to further the story, this book definitely crossed that off it's to-do list! We learn so much in this book, not only about the Lorien rebirth and things to do with the guard, but we learn a lot about the Mogs as well, which I absolutely loved! We're given reasons behind the attack that seemed so unprovoked in previous books and surprised by secrets that are revealed! This book is clearly a crucial part of the series, not just a way to make money before releasing the book with the real story, and you feel that when you're reading!

Not a single dull moment passes in this book. When you're not reading about your favourite characters shooting down Mogs, you're learning about what happened between the Mogs and the Lorien Elders. It's so fast-paced and easy to fly through, especially because there are three alternating pov's, which make the reading experience all the better!

The ending. Oh man, oh man!
That's a cliff-hanger if I've ever read one! It definitely wasn't the best ending for readers, feeling almost unnaturally abrupt, but then again, isn't that how cliff-hangers are supposed to feel?
All I know, is that when it ended, I felt some series heart palpitations coming on! Haha

Anyway those are my thoughts for the time being. It literally makes me want to cry knowing I'll have to wait another whole year to continue the story, but I'll just have to stay strong!

Great book!
Great series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Battle lines are drawn. Sides are choosen., 8 Sep 2014
I really enjoyed this book. What it lacked in action it made up for in revelations and secrets. Despite being 371 pages the book is so fast passed that they just seem to fly by. I am sure a fast reader could probably finish the book in a day. The book is written from the first perspective of 4 (John Smith), 6 (who has still not taken a name than her number), and Elle. The think is from everything I read about the book including the back page I was expecting 7 (Marina) to take the centre stage she is still a huge part of the book but never takes over the narration which is a strange choice as she suffered the greatest trauma in the last book. I am really impressed with John's step up into the leadership role. He is making hard decisions which a couple of books ago would have sent him whining about how life is so unfair.

The story; the grades are once again divided into two teams in the last book the team was betrayed and ambushed in Florida, and 9's penthouse was ambushed leaving one member captured, John, Sarah, Sam, Malcolm, and Adam on the run. After the betrayal of one of their own can the grades really trust Adam? Also we find out how high up the "ProMog" conspiracy goes. After seeing thing first-hand the even former enemies come to be allied with the Loric, but more with humanity. However is this all too little too late as the Mog have been planning this moment for year the grades have been on the run, and with unlimited resources and space age technology at their disposal. The Loric will have to try for more Divine help. What was the elders plan for them all?

Great book as soon as I finished I wanted more. There are some back up and stories running alongside this book in the lost files. I can't wait of the next book, I can see all-out war.

5.0 out of 5 stars book 5 in lorien legacies, 9 Oct 2014
another great book in the Lorien legacies series. Was fast paced and left me wanting to keep going to see what would happen next. Without giving to much away this book starts where book 4 finished with John Smith aka number 4, Sam, Sarah and Malcolm having just escaped from the John Hancock building with their lives and without Ella who was taken by the mogs at the end of the last book. 6, 9 and Marina aka number 7 are lost in the jungle grieving the loss of yet another member of the garde and struggling with the realisation that one of their own betrayed them. Both groups are unaware of what has become of each other. This book explains a little more about the mogs and their leader Sakrus Rah and where they came from. Also it gives us more information about Ella who always believed that she was to have been number 10 but that she had missed the ship. She found out in an earlier book that this was not true but Ella is still important to the story more important I think than even she realises you will need to read the book to find out why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but time now to finish., 10 Sep 2014
Absolutely brilliant but you need to have read the first four to get full enjoyment.Presumably there will be a Lorien Legacies 6 as the ending has been left open.However I think the story has run it's course and the next one should be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Once Again, 26 Aug 2014
Oh my! I stayed up all night and read the book, i just couldn't put it down. Another excellent book from Pittacus Lore. I don't know what I'm going to do while I wait another year for the final book :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Invasion is iminant, 29 Aug 2014
With the John Hancock center completely destroyed, Ella trapped in a Mog spaceship, John Sarah Malcolm, and Sam gone back into hiding and 's betrayal all seems bleak for the last remaining garde. However, all is not lost as the garde have gained some new and unexpected allies over the past few days and have found secrets that with any luck could change the outcome of the war.

If you enjoy books full of si-fi, action and thrills this series is definitely for you. For any Lorien fans you won't want to miss this.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely Brilliant, 28 Aug 2014
The latest instalment in the fantastic Lorien legacies series lives up to all expectations
It is perfect for anybody who loves science fiction or action/ adventure
As seven mourns and tries to get over 8's death. She, six and Adam try to get to the Lorien sanctuary. Where Lorien itself is held

Meanwhile john smith nine and five rescue Ella from setracus ra and attemp to destroy the fallen loric for good
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars The feels., 1 Sep 2014
I'm actually at loss for words. I wasn't quite sure what to expect after finishing the last book, but I'm thoroughly impressed with the way the story's played out. Captivating from start to finish. My heart breaks for the guard and the battles they face. I've cried my eyes out with sadness and happiness. Can't put into words how excited I am for the final instalment. Ten out of ten, will read and cry again. So many feels!