5.0 out of 5 stars I first discovered the narrowboat lad on Youtube, once ..., 14 July 2014
This review is from: A Narrowboat and a Notebook (The Narrowboat Lad Series 3) (Kindle Edition)
I first discovered the narrowboat lad on Youtube, once I knew he had also written some ebooks, I thought I 'd buy one but as soon as I read it I bought the other two. What a way to record narrow boat life as if is today, the ups and downs of boat life , well worth the read . A real plus for future historians coupled with his video blogs an account of how living his dream and the canals of the U.K. If you are interested about life on a narrow boat or even if you are not , these books inspire u to make choices about your own life and how to live your dream, looking forward to the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars an ongoing epic more enthusing than star wars, 21 Jun 2014
What a book, covers a diverse range of subjects involving life based on “ The Cut “ compelling reading and ever so slightly addictive , very easy on the eye’s but drawing you into Dan’s life style and what helps make him tick, I have known Dan since he first skippered “ Tilly “ on her journey to her new home and the trials , passion and tribulations as she certainly christened Dan and let him know she was going to be the boss in any future adventures they were going to share and what a life he is experiencing certainly increased the greenness of my eyes and the relevant Jealousy what an incredible journey Dan’s life is becoming and how simple but compelling his daily scribbling and jottings are when transferred into this the 3rd book of hope fully more to come ………………….. In actual fact I’m looking forward in a couple of years to BBC 3 turning into an epic journey on the Beeb recorded for many to see ………………. Well done as ever Dan ……………. Fond regards……………. Keep up the brilliant transfer of thoughts………………….many regards Dave

4.0 out of 5 stars Interested in Narrow boats and Canals this is a easy read, 13 July 2014
A gentle book by a nice guy. a pleasant read often informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Excellent read, takes me back to holidays spent on the canels.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent informal read!, 30 Jun 2014
A relaxing and absorbing read. Makes for very easy reading. Generally well structured and concise. This is the first I've read, I shall be downloading another momentarily. In summary: Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb read, 29 Jun 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book as I did the previous two , The Narrowboat lad & The Narrowboat lad , living the dream, three great reads .

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, 26 Jun 2014
The only books I've down loaded have been by Dan. Easy to relate, easy to read and makes you want to get out there and do a bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 22 Jun 2014
Another great read I have read the previous 2 books and always say to people about the books and you tube videos there a must watch as the books are a must read :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 21 Jun 2014
I stumbled across Dan Brown's videos on YouTube earlier this year while surfing travel channels in the U.K. I was intrigued, and quickly became both a subscriber and a fan.

Dan Brown's unique lifestyle and creative expressions in his videos are transferred to an inimitable writing style in his books. One cannot but read it in his voice, and hear his slight chuckle at the humorous points. I've read all of his books available on Amazon, and was eager to download this one when it came out today. I'm well into it, and can affirmatively say that this is his best work to date. His description of the idyllic countryside surrounding Tilly, of the hardships that he has faced throughout his almost two years aboard her, and of his growth as he learned from those hardships is both entertaining and inspiring. I must say that I've grown quite fond of Tilly. She has her own personality!

The "Narrowboat Lad"'s writing is more than a diary of travel on the historic canals of Britain. It is a reminder to all of us that life is a journey, and that the pace of our journey is a choice that we make.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EVER, 13 July 2014
A great read, could not put my Kindle down, I know where my next holiday will be!