5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Bed Companion
Ideal Bed Companion
===================
I often have the laptop propped up on the bed when we're watching a film or catching up on iPlayer. Occasionally the laptop has become so hot that you can feel it through the quilt. Once or twice the laptop has turned itself off as it's become too hot. (Normally at an interesting part in the film.)

COOL AND...
Published 7 months ago by the lambanana

2.0 out of 5 stars Crash bang wallop, there goes my laptop.
I wanted to like this really I did. The two fans are nearly inaudible which I really like. However there are a few things I don't like about this item which are listed here, followed by things I do like.
Published 11 days ago by J. A. Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Bed Companion, 22 Aug. 2014
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AVANTEK 15-17'' Laptop Notebook Cooling Pad Chill Mat with Dual 160mm Blue LED Fans (Electronics)
Ideal Bed Companion
===================

COOL AND QUIETISH
=================
This is a rather nice cooling device. As you can imagine, you simply locate the pad under the laptop and, Hey Presto! a cool laptop. You know it's on as it's not silent but it's reasonably quiet-ish.

THE BLUE LEDS
=============
I think these look cool. My wife disagrees. I think they make it look a little sci-fi. She thinks it makes it look garish.

RECOMMENDED
===========
For the price I think it's a handy little gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 22 Oct. 2014
I have had a few laptop fans, and the majority aren't that well built and hardly keep the laptop temps down. This one is actually very solid, and works really well.

I use this fan for my gaming laptop, as its overclocked it produces much more heat. Subsequently I need to keep it cool, it is easily keeping my laptop at 27 degrees idle, and max temps reach is about 60 with this.

Really recommend this, better than others by a mile.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it, 17 Sept. 2014
After purchasing a couple of cheap ones here on Amazon to run on my disco laptops which work fine. I got this one for the home Laptop and what a difference! silent and smooth, more robust but be careful of the angle, the laptop slides off! I have it on a gorilla laptop stand and had to put a couple of "stops" in the top mesh to stop the slow slide. Brilliant, worth the cash, now my friend ordered one of these... The fans seem to run a little slower with bigger blades keeping the noise to a minimum, I have a "cool" laptop :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, quiet, good quality, nice design and a great price., 6 Nov. 2014
A great product - lightweight, quiet, good quality, nice design and a great price. I would definitely recommend it if you have moderate overheating issues. The fans are large so they cool your entire laptop base, but they don't move a lot of air so the cooling is quite slow. If you have extreme overheating issues you'll probably need a more powerful, noisy, and laptop-specific pad. But I reckon this will do me for a few years, then if I need more cooling I'll modify it with my own fans. It fits my 17" Lenovo G560 perfectly & looks like it was designed for it. There are also vents on the sides so you can use it on soft surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Perfect Laptop cooling pad., 21 Oct. 2014
Don't normally write reviews but this product is brilliant. It came super fast and was really well packaged. Cooling pad is awesome, was a little worried about the mesh top holding my laptop while it was slanted but it holds it in position no problem. Quiet as a mouse, only way you will hear this fan is if you are sat in the dead of night and even then it really is not at all annoying.
Perfect in everyway except one thing, I only wish you could turn the neo lights off every now and again, they are cool but sometimes I would like them off, otherwise i'm really glad I choose this cooling pad for my gaming laptop. A*

2.0 out of 5 stars Crash bang wallop, there goes my laptop., 15 Mar. 2015
1. You can't turn off the damn blue light. While I like the light the rest of my family don't, and hate having it in their eyeline bothering them while they try and watch tv, read, or chat, while I faff about on my laptop.
2. The surface is as slippery as a sheet of ice and relies entirely on any rubberised pads your laptop might have underneath. As I have a stupid macbook the feet are about as grippy as a pair of roller blades and more than once my laptop has plummeted to the floor when someone has passed my table and jiggled it a fraction. I'm not even joiking about that it has literally slid off with no friction at all, and while the stand is as flat as it goes. Luckily the screen did not shatter, and it still works, however as a direct result of the slipperyness of the pad (and lack of grip on the laptop feet) the hinge does need tightening as the screen now flops about within about a 2cm parameter which it didn't before the falls. I've found a couple of lumps of blutac stop it slipping, but it does make it awkward to detach the laptop each time you want to move it without the cooler, and leaves messy little pieces of blutac stuck in the mesh, not even patting over it with the blutac will shift the grey shadow.
3. As I mentioned, I have a stupid macbook which gets ridiculously hot when doing virtually nothing, this fan does stop the macbooks own fans having to kick in most of the time, however it doesn't really lower the temperature to what I would consider a reasonable one. I could still fry an egg on the keyboard near the qwerty line if I really wanted to destroy my laptop. In short I don't think the fans are as powerful as they could be.
Things I like:
1. As mentioned above, the quiet fans, you literally don't know they are on
2. The usb power cable is completely detachable. I really appreciate this as my last two targus coolers had to be junked because the wire of the usb connection was very thin and broke both just behind the usb connector and where it left the chiller. The fat that this one is a proper usb connector and can be replaced if it breaks is a great selling point.
3. I like the angle of the pad when fully extended/raised, it's firm and not wobbly in use, however you will need either nerves of steel or an investment in blutac to be sure your laptop won't be propelled unceremoniously to the floor.

A lot of good points but for me one really bad one that kind of negates everything else. It's too damn slippery! It doesn't matter if it's quiet, or the angle is good, etc if it chucks your laptop on the floor if there is a small movement of air in the room. I don't like chill mats with prongs to keep the laptop in place as they get in the way of your wrists when writing, (if you touch type), just rubberise the damned surfaces why don't you. Simple and effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's pretty sturdy and i'm happy that my laptop doesn't rear ..., 6 Nov. 2014
it's pretty sturdy and i'm happy that my laptop doesn't rear up it's fans to the highest anymore, the fans still go but not as bad as it was before so it's a improvement, i can sit the tray on my lap without burning my legs which is a big plus for me, before i was almost getting blisters on my legs from the heat.
the fan blows out a slight cool breeze from underneath and the sides so i know it's doing something, they are quiet too, the cooling also keeps the air vents on the side of the laptop warm, before i couldn't touch it because it was so hot.

the usb port at the back is upside down so when trying to charge something or plug any usb device in there you can't see anything :S
the metal mesh holds the laptop sturdy enough i was surprised with that, the grips underneath the laptop holds it'self to the tray, sometimes it moves about and i have to adjust it back into position slightly.

putting the tray with the laptop on the sofa caused a few issues, the usb cable at the back were pulled out and when i sat down the laptop moved about, a flat straight surface is more preferred for a tray like this.

the lights are a big issue with the battery as another customer has mentioned, when the laptop is on battery charge and not on the mains it effects the battery in a big way, the battery drains much faster, the lights look nice in the dark but apart from that there should be a option to turn then off when using the laptop while on battery.

in terms on weight and size, it adds a slight bulk to the laptop but i can still pick it up with my arm so it's not that bad.

overall i'm happy with the cooling tray and i hope it keeps my laptop cool for a while.

edit: just a update, after 5 months the fans have unfortunately stop working, i'm not sure if i am covered by a 12 month warranty i will contact the seller and find out.

it's the wire connected at the back, the cable is loosing up and you have to bend the cable to get it working again, :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet - I'm impressed, 18 Feb. 2015
Received today and plugged straight in and switched on. On came the fancy blue neons - not necessary but very trendy. But the lights came on but I was adamant the fans weren't on and thought it was going to have to be returned. I switched it off at the back then back on and then lifted the laptop up and realised they were working. next I thought they were only spinning very slowly but put your hand over the pad and hey presto there's plenty of cool air. As I'm writing this it hasn't been on long but there's plenty of cool air flowing. I thought my missus was going to whinge at the noise but it's so quite you can barely hear it - so far I'm very impressed.
Should things change I'll update feedback but at this stage I'd recommend it.
One tiny gripe is it's a tiny bit bendy if you try to lift it 1 handed with laptop on and so fans touch the case - the answer is simple, use both hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can you really say about a cooling pad really ..., 13 Oct. 2014
What can you really say about a cooling pad really? It does everything it's supposed to, it's very quiet and if I didn't have it sat on my lap sometimes when I can feel the cold air I'd worry that it doesn't work at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cooler but laptop slides off!, 23 Mar. 2015
This laptop coller is much better than the previous one I had. The large fans provide a good circulation of cooling air and genuinely lower the temperature of my laptop, which used to get too hot to touch when playing games.
There is one design point, however, that could so easily have been addressed. The cooler works best when the fold-away legs at the back are opened; however this puts the laptop on a slope. The top surface of the cooler is shiny paint so the laptop slides down - mine even fell on to the floor before I realised the problem. My previous cooler had little rubber ridges near the front to stop this happening - simple and cheap. With these I would have given 5 stars.