5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Bed Companion
Ideal Bed Companion
===================
I often have the laptop propped up on the bed when we're watching a film or catching up on iPlayer. Occasionally the laptop has become so hot that you can feel it through the quilt. Once or twice the laptop has turned itself off as it's become too hot. (Normally at an interesting part in the film.)

COOL AND...
Published 6 months ago by the lambanana

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty solid, however if you try to lift it ...
It works, pretty solid, however if you try to lift it up using one hand the surface bends and touches the radiators. Other than than works really good. I'm not sure the 17" laptop would fit though, my 15,6" is covering almost the whole pad
Published 22 days ago by Kamil Szewczyk

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Bed Companion, 22 Aug. 2014
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AVANTEK 17'' Laptop Notebook Cooling Pad Chill Mat with Dual 160mm Blue LED Fans (Electronics)
Ideal Bed Companion
===================

COOL AND QUIETISH
=================
This is a rather nice cooling device. As you can imagine, you simply locate the pad under the laptop and, Hey Presto! a cool laptop. You know it's on as it's not silent but it's reasonably quiet-ish.

THE BLUE LEDS
=============
I think these look cool. My wife disagrees. I think they make it look a little sci-fi. She thinks it makes it look garish.

RECOMMENDED
===========
For the price I think it's a handy little gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 22 Oct. 2014
I have had a few laptop fans, and the majority aren't that well built and hardly keep the laptop temps down. This one is actually very solid, and works really well.

I use this fan for my gaming laptop, as its overclocked it produces much more heat. Subsequently I need to keep it cool, it is easily keeping my laptop at 27 degrees idle, and max temps reach is about 60 with this.

Really recommend this, better than others by a mile.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cooler is working fine and the laptop fan seems to be not running ..., 24 Oct. 2014
The cooler is working fine and the laptop fan seems to be not running as much as it used to and is a lot quieter. Also the laptop has now stopped crashing due to over heating. So all in all a great buy.

LEDs are just a gimmick given you can't see them once the laptop is on the pad! Just the smallest glow to the sides (funny I remember when the first blue leds came out and they cost a fortune then!)

Although my laptop is 15.6 inch the pad only just passes the base of the
laptop .

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it, 17 Sept. 2014
After purchasing a couple of cheap ones here on Amazon to run on my disco laptops which work fine. I got this one for the home Laptop and what a difference! silent and smooth, more robust but be careful of the angle, the laptop slides off! I have it on a gorilla laptop stand and had to put a couple of "stops" in the top mesh to stop the slow slide. Brilliant, worth the cash, now my friend ordered one of these... The fans seem to run a little slower with bigger blades keeping the noise to a minimum, I have a "cool" laptop :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, quiet, good quality, nice design and a great price., 6 Nov. 2014
A great product - lightweight, quiet, good quality, nice design and a great price. I would definitely recommend it if you have moderate overheating issues. The fans are large so they cool your entire laptop base, but they don't move a lot of air so the cooling is quite slow. If you have extreme overheating issues you'll probably need a more powerful, noisy, and laptop-specific pad. But I reckon this will do me for a few years, then if I need more cooling I'll modify it with my own fans. It fits my 17" Lenovo G560 perfectly & looks like it was designed for it. There are also vents on the sides so you can use it on soft surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Perfect Laptop cooling pad., 21 Oct. 2014
Don't normally write reviews but this product is brilliant. It came super fast and was really well packaged. Cooling pad is awesome, was a little worried about the mesh top holding my laptop while it was slanted but it holds it in position no problem. Quiet as a mouse, only way you will hear this fan is if you are sat in the dead of night and even then it really is not at all annoying.
Perfect in everyway except one thing, I only wish you could turn the neo lights off every now and again, they are cool but sometimes I would like them off, otherwise i'm really glad I choose this cooling pad for my gaming laptop. A*

4.0 out of 5 stars it's pretty sturdy and i'm happy that my laptop doesn't rear ..., 6 Nov. 2014
it's pretty sturdy and i'm happy that my laptop doesn't rear up it's fans to the highest anymore, the fans still go but not as bad as it was before so it's a improvement, i can sit the tray on my lap without burning my legs which is a big plus for me, before i was almost getting blisters on my legs from the heat.
the fan blows out a slight cool breeze from underneath and the sides so i know it's doing something, they are quiet too, the cooling also keeps the air vents on the side of the laptop warm, before i couldn't touch it because it was so hot.

the usb port at the back is upside down so when trying to charge something or plug any usb device in there you can't see anything :S
the metal mesh holds the laptop sturdy enough i was surprised with that, the grips underneath the laptop holds it'self to the tray, sometimes it moves about and i have to adjust it back into position slightly.

putting the tray with the laptop on the sofa caused a few issues, the usb cable at the back were pulled out and when i sat down the laptop moved about, a flat straight surface is more preferred for a tray like this.

the lights are a big issue with the battery as another customer has mentioned, when the laptop is on battery charge and not on the mains it effects the battery in a big way, the battery drains much faster, the lights look nice in the dark but apart from that there should be a option to turn then off when using the laptop while on battery.

in terms on weight and size, it adds a slight bulk to the laptop but i can still pick it up with my arm so it's not that bad.

overall i'm happy with the cooling tray and i hope it keeps my laptop cool for a while.

edit: just a update, after 5 months the fans have unfortunately stop working, i'm not sure if i am covered by a 12 month warranty i will contact the seller and find out.

it's the wire connected at the back, the cable is loosing up and you have to bend the cable to get it working again, :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet - I'm impressed, 18 Feb. 2015
Received today and plugged straight in and switched on. On came the fancy blue neons - not necessary but very trendy. But the lights came on but I was adamant the fans weren't on and thought it was going to have to be returned. I switched it off at the back then back on and then lifted the laptop up and realised they were working. next I thought they were only spinning very slowly but put your hand over the pad and hey presto there's plenty of cool air. As I'm writing this it hasn't been on long but there's plenty of cool air flowing. I thought my missus was going to whinge at the noise but it's so quite you can barely hear it - so far I'm very impressed.
Should things change I'll update feedback but at this stage I'd recommend it.
One tiny gripe is it's a tiny bit bendy if you try to lift it 1 handed with laptop on and so fans touch the case - the answer is simple, use both hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can you really say about a cooling pad really ..., 13 Oct. 2014
What can you really say about a cooling pad really? It does everything it's supposed to, it's very quiet and if I didn't have it sat on my lap sometimes when I can feel the cold air I'd worry that it doesn't work at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The three-fan version does an excellent job of cooling my heavy 17" Dell laptop with ..., 30 Dec. 2014
The three-fan version does an excellent job of cooling my heavy 17" Dell laptop with no issues. I use it for several hours every day and after two weeks there is no noticeable vibration and the pad is very, very quiet.

The LED's don't serve any real function and there is no option to turn them off independently of the fans. That's my only gripe with the pad as they are just a tad annoying when watching video or gaming in a darkened room. Otherwise, this pad is excellent and very reasonable value. Far superior to my previous cooling pad which was smaller but produced greater vibration and noise.