5.0 out of 5 stars non stop action
very good story could not put I down action all the way through gets you going right from start buy it
Published 6 months ago by les

1.0 out of 5 stars I admire the perseverence of those who read further...
Published 7 months ago by Rob Raine (rxraine@yahoo.com)

1.0 out of 5 stars I admire the perseverence of those who read further..., 17 Feb 2014
I had to stop part way through the free preview and thank Amazon for this service which has saved me at least £1.87. I genuinely intended to read the whole preview, but the writing is frankly just too bad to read. After surviving a crash landing because of "interference" (we're not told why they couldn't abort the landing) with no apparent damage to the lander (which has come down with one foot in a crater) or it's contents, which include months of provisions and a lunar rover, the two astronauts have a good lament about their bad luck, while the narrator repeats ad nauseam that they have, and miss, their family members. After having a nap they unload the rover, completely undamaged, only to be told they "can't seem to catch a break" because the automatic guidance system won't work and they'll have to drive it manually. Oh, calamity. Apparently, one astronaut hates leaving the safety of the lander...so why did he even leave the safety of his home planet?! The breaking point for me was one astronaut saying “There’s an awful lot of this damn dust everywhere. I hope it doesn’t screw up the rover.” It's a frickin' lunar rover! It might be moondust-proof, don't you think?
Considering this is the combination of three previously published short stories, I hoped the author might have taken the opportunity to review and edit it having improved his writing skills later, but it seems not. There are better things to read out there that cost less, I'm going to find the, now and hope you will too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Promising but...., 13 Aug 2014
M. Kent-Davies (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
The plot looks to be quite promising, but the writing style seems to very poor at times and details aren't always thought out. The characters are not convincing, and there are too many stereotypes for my taste.
I didn't get as far as the 3rd story...
Hopefully some good proofreading and editing can sort this out as there is some potential.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm, 18 Mar 2014
I've yet to see where this is going! The story so far is very 'Perry Rhodan', if anyone remembers the story that was translated for German and serialised in a bi-monthly American magazine a few decades ago and then put out in a couple of hundred episodes in paperback!!!! It could also be going in a Jack Campbell direction but I will have to wait and see. The thing that irks is the silly, long repetitive titles! 'Moon Wreck, (The Slaver Wars book 1)' is fine, but why 'The Slaver Wars; Alien Contact. (The Slaver Wars book 2)!! Why not Alien Contact, (The Slaver Wars book 2??
The story is good but the text is a bit repetitive in places where the character repeats what the narrator has just said/thought and visa versa, but I will stick with it to see where it goes.

5.0 out of 5 stars non stop action, 15 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read for all sci-fi fans, 13 Nov 2013
I read this story via the three part kindle version, but wanted to also write the a review here to promote just how good the story is.

The author really wants you to like and connect with the two main characters and he really does a great job.

I don't want to say much about the storyline as I don't want to give it away, but I was glued to my kindle and my imagination was really going wild while reading this epic story.

If you do decide to buy, you will not regret it at all. I am now buying the second in the series and looking forward to seeing how the characters develop further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Plot, writing improves with each book., 18 July 2014
I'd agree with others, that the writing style can be a little repetitive, but an excellent plot drives you through this. I've not been able to stop reading all of the books in this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 July 2014
A little disappointed in this book, I expected more but felt a little let down.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting idea, 28 Mar 2014
This is a quaint book, a very naive writing style, a bit repetitive in places, but a refreshing change from the current fashion for long winded descriptions of the of fluttering leaves on alien landscapes. Simple story telling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Sep 2014
great

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 July 2014
Good book, characters could with a little more development.