Published 3 months ago by Chris M

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed
Doesn't really look like the one in the picture (no logo), and the box that arrived said 7-10inch tablets when this says up to 12. It's also not particularly well made compared to the equivalent that they compare in the pictures. The micro fiber cloths are a nice addition but not really worth the extra money...
Published 2 months ago by Mathieu Triay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A well designed and robust stand…perfect for tablets and even books!, 30 Sept. 2014
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: IPOW(TM) Black Portable Travel Fold-Up Desktop Table Tablet Stand Holder for 7-10 Inchs Tablet PCs (Electronics)
I was kindly provided this stand for review, I hadn’t actually contemplated buying one since up until now I was quite happy laying my Nexus 7 on the table/kitchen worktop whenever I used it. But in all absolute honesty if this stand broke tomorrow I would be replacing it as I have found it to be a an invaluable and quality little product for a number of reasons.

Firstly it folds up neatly and stores away in my laptop bag very neatly (I measured it as 18.5 x 3 x 2.5cm when folded), it’s also fairly light so you won’t realise you have it with you if travelling with this stand.

The stand unexpectedly comes with 5 screen cleaning cloths, neatly packed in the box which was a nice touch and they are very good at cleaning considering I didn’t think my screen was that dirty, but these cloths buffed it up better than I had thought, perhaps meaning my Nexus was also dirtier than I had thought.

I find myself often reaching for the stand now, normally if I am watching a film or sometimes if I have an article I want to read, I’ll often find the angle the stand provides easier than laying my tablet flat on the table (it also works great with a Kindle). It’s also useful as I tend to use my Nexus a lot when cooking, as I often find recipes from the internet, which leads me to a very unexpected use of this stand (as my wife did not know what it was for!)…. Considering this stand is meant purely for 7 – 10inch tablets my wife has decided she will use it as a cookbook stand (I have uploaded some product images as proof of her… ingenuity). At first I thought her comical but now I’m thinking why not? The stand is sturdy and large enough to take a fairly weighty cook book but again I must emphasize this isn’t the stand’s primary function and it really is better suited to its purpose as a tablet stand.

The stand has three parts whereby you can adjust the stand to make it the perfect angle and aspect for whatever you are using this for. The feet of the stand are texturised so it does not slip on our shiny kitchen worktop. Also the part of the stand where you rest the back of your tablet is also textured, again meaning we have had no issues with our tablet staying put. A great, fit for purpose little stand that I would not hesitate to recommend.

I was kindly provided a sample by the manufacturer to review; the opinions expressed here are entirely my own view of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipow Portable Travel Fold-Up Tablet Stand - Simple & effective - Works well - Recommended, 11 Aug. 2014
This portable travel stand for tablets and smartphones has a wonderfully functional design and is very easy (even kinda fun) to use. If you are looking for such a stand, we would highly recommend giving this one a try.

The design is simple and has joints that let you move the 'arms' around in ways that will allow you to fit this to almost any tablet or smartphone device. We used it to support a classic Kindle, Kindle Fire, and several smartphones including a HTC Droid DNA, Samsung Galaxy S4 and even a smaller iPhone 5c (just for fun). This thing worked perfectly with them all. The rubberized touch points on the upper arm and lower notches help keep things firmly in place. Also, the microfiber cleaning cloths that come with the stand are a very nice bonus.

I did not find reference to a warranty, so if an issue arises I will return here to update the review and let you know what the issue was and how resolution was handled. I did receive this stand gratis from the seller and have put it through its paces to objectively find out how well it performed. My statements here reflect that testing.

If you are looking for a tablet stand of this style, size, composition, and affordable price, for use similar to what I have described above, then we totally recommend this Ipow stand. It is a very well designed, versatile stand that looks great and works well.

Go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love how this adjusts to different angles and can cope ..., 11 Dec. 2014
I love how this adjusts to different angles and can cope with a variety of devices, i.e. 4.7" phone, 10.1" and 12.2" tablet. Folds up neatly for carrying around if required.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... it too much (I can imagine the mechanism quite easily breaking if you're too harsh with it, 10 Jan. 2015
jonmorris (Hatfield, Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
Simple and so far seems solid enough as long as you don't play around with it too much (I can imagine the mechanism quite easily breaking if you're too harsh with it, rather like those cheap windscreen suction mounts). I've got a fair few tablets ranging from 7 to 10-inches and they all fit fine, so it is truly universal. While a case with integrated stand is better for when you're out and about (as it doubles up as screen protection), I generally prefer to have a tablet out of the case at home or at work. This fits the bill nicely and there's no chance of the tablet falling out once it's in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic in Form and Function, 9 Nov. 2014
This simple thing is nicely presented and was supplied promptly.
It looks like a good, well thought-out design.
I had to manipulate it a littlte to get the legs to open smoothly at first, and I 'forgive' it for that tiny glitch.
In use the stand supports an 8" tablet perfectly both vertically ot horizontally.
It allows the easy use of the tablet alongside my laptop on my desk when I am working, and makes me more productive.
The unit will adjust to different size tablets if required.
It's good, and well worth my 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPad stand, 29 Dec. 2014
I love this device! I use it for my iPad mini and it feels very stable and secure. I watch videos on YouTube & on Netflix and it's much easier to have a device like this that can be adjusted to different angles. It's not heavy and it's easy to fold up and take with you if you're travelling. Definitely recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 6 Nov. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 7 Oct. 2014
D. R. F. Sapte "Trap King" (Watford, UK) - See all my reviews
This was excellent - I already had one of these so I knew what I was ordering and needed another one - it arrived in good time and to my surprise it came with several tablet screen cleaning cloths. Excellent value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea badly designed., 20 Nov. 2014
Good idea, poor design and far to flimsy to withstand any real day to day use. My i-Pad falls over when any pressure is exerted, Ok for very light use but don't think this will keep your i-Pad from moving about.

4.0 out of 5 stars However as I want it to watch Amazon instant it's fine, hence four stars, 3 Jan. 2015
Corrinpowers (england) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Big enough for Samsung 12.2 inch tablet.however it's as light as a feather and doesn't feel firm enough to prop the tablet up and type.However as I want it to watch Amazon instant it's fine,hence four stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›