5.0 out of 5 stars A well designed and robust stand…perfect for tablets and even books!, 30 Sep 2014
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: IPOW Black Portable Travel Fold-Up Desktop Table Tablet Stand Holder for 7-12 Inchs Tablet PCs (Electronics)
I was kindly provided this stand for review, I hadn’t actually contemplated buying one since up until now I was quite happy laying my Nexus 7 on the table/kitchen worktop whenever I used it. But in all absolute honesty if this stand broke tomorrow I would be replacing it as I have found it to be a an invaluable and quality little product for a number of reasons.

Firstly it folds up neatly and stores away in my laptop bag very neatly (I measured it as 18.5 x 3 x 2.5cm when folded), it’s also fairly light so you won’t realise you have it with you if travelling with this stand.

The stand unexpectedly comes with 5 screen cleaning cloths, neatly packed in the box which was a nice touch and they are very good at cleaning considering I didn’t think my screen was that dirty, but these cloths buffed it up better than I had thought, perhaps meaning my Nexus was also dirtier than I had thought.

I find myself often reaching for the stand now, normally if I am watching a film or sometimes if I have an article I want to read, I’ll often find the angle the stand provides easier than laying my tablet flat on the table (it also works great with a Kindle). It’s also useful as I tend to use my Nexus a lot when cooking, as I often find recipes from the internet, which leads me to a very unexpected use of this stand (as my wife did not know what it was for!)…. Considering this stand is meant purely for 7 – 10inch tablets my wife has decided she will use it as a cookbook stand (I have uploaded some product images as proof of her… ingenuity). At first I thought her comical but now I’m thinking why not? The stand is sturdy and large enough to take a fairly weighty cook book but again I must emphasize this isn’t the stand’s primary function and it really is better suited to its purpose as a tablet stand.

The stand has three parts whereby you can adjust the stand to make it the perfect angle and aspect for whatever you are using this for. The feet of the stand are texturised so it does not slip on our shiny kitchen worktop. Also the part of the stand where you rest the back of your tablet is also textured, again meaning we have had no issues with our tablet staying put. A great, fit for purpose little stand that I would not hesitate to recommend.

I was kindly provided a sample by the manufacturer to review; the opinions expressed here are entirely my own view of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipow Portable Travel Fold-Up Tablet Stand - Simple & effective - Works well - Recommended, 11 Aug 2014
This portable travel stand for tablets and smartphones has a wonderfully functional design and is very easy (even kinda fun) to use. If you are looking for such a stand, we would highly recommend giving this one a try.

The design is simple and has joints that let you move the 'arms' around in ways that will allow you to fit this to almost any tablet or smartphone device. We used it to support a classic Kindle, Kindle Fire, and several smartphones including a HTC Droid DNA, Samsung Galaxy S4 and even a smaller iPhone 5c (just for fun). This thing worked perfectly with them all. The rubberized touch points on the upper arm and lower notches help keep things firmly in place. Also, the microfiber cleaning cloths that come with the stand are a very nice bonus.

I did not find reference to a warranty, so if an issue arises I will return here to update the review and let you know what the issue was and how resolution was handled. I did receive this stand gratis from the seller and have put it through its paces to objectively find out how well it performed. My statements here reflect that testing.

If you are looking for a tablet stand of this style, size, composition, and affordable price, for use similar to what I have described above, then we totally recommend this Ipow stand. It is a very well designed, versatile stand that looks great and works well.

Go for it.