5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to be a midwife read this first!, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Becoming A Student Midwife: The Survival Guide For Passionate Applicants (Kindle Edition)
I underestimated just how difficult it would be to get into midwifery.
As a mature student completing an access to higher education course I was top in my class gaining mainly distinction grades. I wrote what I thought was a good personal statement and applied to 5 universities.

I didn't get any interviews, let alone offers!

I had presumed that my life experience and grades would be enough to get me in and I was wrong. After reading this book I realised I had made many mistakes that cost me my place at uni this year. I will be reapplying but wish this book had been available when I was applying the first time, I would probably already be a student midwife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 13 Jun. 2014
Wish something like this had been around when I applied to do my training. Takes you through the process step by step as it can be a bit of a headache! Ellie's down-to-earth approach is comical and easy reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, purposeful and amazing, 24 Sept. 2014
Ellis I would just like to say a huge thank you for taking the time and sharing your knowledge in what can only be described as a book that doesn't disappoint and is a delight to read. I feel like my rationale for choice and all the ideas that were whirring round my head have become so much clearer now. Thanks again

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable resource, for students and experienced midwives alike., 18 Jun. 2014
Amazing book. I would definitely suggest this text as a starting point for anyone even vaguely interested in the field of midwifery. It's practical and informative, but also comical and easy to relate to. I had this recommended to me by a fellow student, and I wouldn't hesitate to, in turn, recommend this to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, 31 Mar. 2015
I bought this book after I had been rejected at interview by a university. I found this book to be really helpful in giving me an insight on how to have a successful application on a whole. I wish I had found it sooner. I had another interview after reading the book and I was offered a place at my second choice which is strange because i was rejected previously by my last choice. The advice from the book definitely worked.

4.0 out of 5 stars like having insider information!, 18 Feb. 2015
Really handy information that's all useful and totally relevant. Only thing I would say is the bit about a portfolio might not be necessary to most candidates as there is very limited time to find a good spot to show that to interviewers. That said, the sections on interviews especially panel and presentation sections are really good. Read this and you should get an offer or more! I did! Thanks Ellie :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Feb. 2015
I would like to say a huge thank you to Ellie for taking the time to help us hopefuls out with this book! Absolutely fantastic book, helps me out especially with nerves! Easy to flick through to where I need the most help and full of friendly and extremely useful advice for aspiring midwives. Couldn't have attended my interviews without reading this book! Once again, thank you so much Ellie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Grail for Applicants, 13 Mar. 2015
This book was like my holy grail the ought he whole application. It helped with structuring my personal statement, revising for maths entry tests, and getting my notes together for my interview. I can happily say I have an offer my first year applying to my first choice university. I can honestly say is don't think this would have been the case without this book. BUY IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me a great deal when it came to writing my personal statement ..., 7 Aug. 2014
This book helped me a great deal when it came to writing my personal statement for UCAS. The knowledge Ellie imparts is invaluable and prevented me making untold number of mistakes!!

I cant say yet whether or not it has helped get a place on a degree course, but it certainly wont have done me any harm!!

Thanks Ellie :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing you will ever buy..., 26 Mar. 2015
Ellie Durants book is nothing short of perfect! It contains the most valuable advice & guidance to help you get a place at university! Everything from writing your personal statement, to the pre entry tests, to the interviews!! I have no doubt that I would not be going to university this year without the help of this book! Thank you!