5.0 out of 5 stars Hunting for the right weather!
Published on 29 Oct. 2010 by Picard

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality not as expected
After 6 months of reasonable use one of the boots split down the back seam. Not the level of quality I expected from Hunters. Amazon very good and gave full refund under the Hunter 12 months warranty.
Published on 7 Aug. 2012 by snagglepuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunting for the right weather!, 29 Oct. 2010
Picard (USS Enterprise) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Prior to buying my pair of Hunters, I had always assumed that wellies 'were' wellies - just boots which only differed in style or material to a loose degree. As per usual, my stubbornness was proved wrong when I decided to push the boat out and get a pair for my rainy ventures into town. Oh, and for the rarity we do actually have snow here! (Note: Foul weather not included)

Though I'm still perplexed as to why these are 'the' thing to wear at Glastonbury (lets face it, its just a place for girls to be seen anyway! Don't hurt me....), I can honestly now appreciate why they're cost that little bit more than your standard PVC products. The quality all round is fantastic! Upon taking them out the nice box, greeted with its own carry handle, you'll get a waft of that lovely natural smell of rubber that is supple, but still offers good support to the whole boot. You just know from holding it that these things, which are vulcanised, are that bit more special. The sole is also very good - standing up well to rough surfaces, though I dare say that they're fair better on more natural ground where they belong.

The most important thing is that they're comfortable and fit 'really' well. How often have you tried on someone else wellies and they either feel stiff and awkward, or generally misshaped? These Hunters on the hand really hug your feet, making it quite sad taking them off. With regards to fit, it should be known that these "Short" models have a slightly different cut to the standard "Tall" variants. The Short products have a wider calf width, and I believe the heel is also slightly wider too, as they're designed to be taken on and off quickly.

In terms of sizing, there is something to definitely think about when ordering. Normally I'll get away with Size 10 shoes if they're wide, since I myself have quite wide feet, and thats with normal socks. Obviously different brands vary... My Converse are 9's but they're a bit tight, yet my Adidas Stan Smith's of the same size feel too spacious! I ordered the Size 9 Hunters and they're absolutely perfect - not only because they have a lovely wide area at the toes, but they leave plenty of room for thick socks. I would therefore suggest that you shouldn't worry about going for a size down than what you're used to.

On a final pointer, I've noticed how the colours of these wellies on websites and brochures tend to differ slightly from real life. I got the 'Dark Olive Green' style, and they're definitely a touch darker than in photo's. This isn't a problem, I just thought I'd highlight it.

I'll definitely say that these boots are much more, as a friend put it, 'socially acceptable' than other wellies (blurb for 'they look well good'), and that as a guy I don't give a second thought to wearing them out and about. But they're a treat when going for walks in the woods or anywhere that would otherwise ruin normal shoes, and for that I'd be more than happy to pay the extra bit for these Hunters than other brands.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality not as expected, 7 Aug. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wellies, 26 Aug. 2010
Delivery was fast and well packaged. Wellies are sturdy and very comfortable. I use daily for dog walking and these seem perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done Amazon, 24 Oct. 2013
I wear my wellies every day, regardless of the weather, to walk my dog so I always buy good quality boots. After approximately 8 months and many miles my boots leaked and spit in a number of places. Amazon was fantastic… I emailed to explain my problem ( after a couple of failed repair jobs) and because Hunter boots come with 12 month guarantee I was given a full refund which enabled me to purchase another pair. I certainly would encourage anyone to purchase via Amazon and have peace of mind knowing should any problems arise that they will be dealt with promptly and hassle free. Back to dog walking with a spring in my step AND dry feet lol 

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Wellies, 12 Jun. 2012
Smart wellies, very comfortable easy to put on although more effert is needed to take them off. I would not recommend to people with big calves

5.0 out of 5 stars The rolls Royce of wellies!, 3 April 2013
J. S. smith (norwich) - See all my reviews
Brilliant wellies! Great fit, defo get the welly socks for extra warmth! Avoid the glossy style they crack and look awful if you don't look after them by rinsing them if you've been in the sea!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the quality I have come to expect from Hunter, 13 Nov. 2014
These boots are just not up to standard. I bought a pair of red glossy Hunter wellies that were (and still are) wonderful. These boots - which I bought a full year later, are complete rubbish in comparison. Not sure if Hunter have changed manufacturers or whats happened - but these are just awful. Really tight at the ankle, my feet are relatively slim and these are really difficult to get on and off. The inside of both boots degraded really quickly, with minimal wear and with the cloth inside all torn, they are increasingly uncomfortable and virtually unwearable. The soles in my other red Hunter boots are wonderfully comfy, as comfy as a pair of cushioned running shoes - but these horrid brown things are like walking on the flat ground. Wouldn't recommend them at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunters, 20 Jan. 2014
Mrs. J. A. Turner (West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
Well what can i say - I love my wellies, just waiting for the snow !! they are a very snug fit which is ideal for me as have very narrow feet otherwise would of been to small so if you have wide feet would recommend next size up.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent wellies, 20 Jun. 2013
I love these boots. They are so comfortable and perfect for ladies with larger legs! Item was just as described. I'm usually between a 7-7.5 so went for the size 7 and they were a little snug on first wear but now fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 20 Mar. 2014
I only can say that the boots are perfect. I can't wear tall hunter because my leg is too wide, but these short Hunter are so better, and they are less heavy than taller.