5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping
That was the quickest I've ever read a book, I just couldn't stop! I felt like I was living through it! This story is incredible and touching, it really opened my eyes to the importance of organ donation.
Published 2 months ago by Miss Lucy Graham

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
desperately sad account with a hopeful end
Published 1 month ago by hilgee

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Strength in Strangers: A true story of heartbreak, hope and courage (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars True courage. True love. Truly inspirational, 26 July 2014
This is a story that everyone should read because it will help you appreciate everything good in your life that you take for granted. I have so much respect and admiration for Lauren Britton for the awesome job she has done in writing this book. Her brutal honesty and eloquent storytelling conveys every last drop of emotion and detail to such a degree that I feel as though I was sharing every twist and turn. This is a true story that is truly inspirational and I have no doubt that when Lauren turns this into a screenplay it will make the most fabulous feature film because it takes us on a journey that is an emotional tightrope. It is a gripping love story that will make you cry. And hopefully it will encourage more people to become organ donors. Meantime I am left in awe not just at Lauren's
skill as a writer but the enormous courage shown by Andrew and the strength of the key characters in this epic reality.

John Gubba
Writer, filmmaker & friend of the author

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of inspiration, 13 Aug 2014
This is such an emotional, true story about a young couple who were about to start a new life together when events took a devastating turn.

Throughout the book we are reminded how fragile life is – Lauren and Andrew experienced a roller-coaster of terrifying situations (unfortunately more downs than ups so you’ll certainly need a box of tissues to hand).

We live in a country where we take health care for granted and although I’m aware that few countries benefit from a system such as ours, it came as a horrific shock that unless there is a guarantee of payment, doctors refuse to treat patients so many people die as a result.

All through the book there are many acts of kindness from family, friends and strangers (hence the title) and it renews one’s faith in human nature.

The story is full of courage, love, despair, hope and strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gift of Life, 27 Jun 2014
A brilliant, open, honest insight into the scary unpredictable world of heart failure . Lauren and Andrew your determination and love shines through this book , your support network is truly wonderful. Your journey and recovery needed all the advancements in medical and mechanical heart failure treatment. Yet in the end Andrew's survival depended on another family saying yes to their loved one becoming an organ donor.
This book is a must read especially if you're not on the Organ Donor Register this will make you see the importance of organ donation. Any one of us can get sick and need a transplant just because of something quite common like a virus. My daughter is also alive because of her heart donor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 22 Jun 2014
You have to read this book! It will change your perspective on life and how we should be living it. Then once you've read it go and sign up to be an organ donor. Everyone of us will require the strength of strangers at some point in our lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 21 Jun 2014
An amazing story of courage and bravery when faced with the unimaginable. I hope that people will read this book and sign up to the organ donors register, but also appreciate the strength that it must have taken to share such an unbelievable story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read from start to finish., 20 Jun 2014
I couldn't put this down, an amazing account of true events. This book made me cry and laugh but mostly cry. Lauren pulls no punches in the telling of this story, she tells it exactly how it is. If you have not read it yet then please download. Absolutely brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 20 Jun 2014
This book is a wonderfully written true story of the strength, courage and hope shown by Lauren, Andrew and their families during what can only be described as one of the worst experiences imaginable. I couldn't put it down and I've got nothing but total respect and admiration for what they went through and how far they have come. This is undoubtedly one of the best books I've read and cannot recommend it highly enough!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An unforgettable read., 19 Jun 2014
I went through so many emotions reading Lauren and Andrew's story, I could not put my kindle down. So inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, 19 Jun 2014
And inspirational story showing human decency & humanity still exists in the world. And how amazing the gift of life & transplant is