5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Abiding Flame, is brilliant!! I'm a great fan of this author, and this book was certainly not disappointing. Strangely, I particularly liked the nasty little demon Celfarus, but I felt sorry for poor Bill, constantly tormented by the nasty thing.
Published 4 months ago by Yvonne Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough to buy the rest
Wasn't my cup of tea as I prefer my si-fi without god bothering. It wasn't a bad book in the main, needs the proof reader to actually read it; incoherent sentences bug the life out of me and there are enough in this book to irritate. On the positive side, spell-checker has been used so at least that's been avoided.
Is it an Americanism to believe the past tense of...
Published 4 months ago by Y bird

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough to buy the rest, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Abiding Flame (Kindle Edition)
Is it an Americanism to believe the past tense of 'shine' is 'shined' rather than 'shone'? Yesterday the sun didn't shined, it shone. Every time I read this I grit my teeth, but it's not the first book I've seen it in and my teeth are starting to wear down…
I would say its a book aimed at the American market and wouldn't particularly be enjoyed by the English. There's many references to god and praying, that for me, got in the way of the story. If that will turn you off from reading a book, avoid this one. I'd say putting a warning in the blurb is only polite; if I'd paid for it I'd be pretty miffed. Fortunately, I got it free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 Aug 2014
Yvonne Lee (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Abiding Flame (Kindle Edition)
The thought of stepping out of a space ship into the vast darkness of space, fills me with horror. The story is fast paced and exciting...well written and wonderfully atmospheric.
The way the story ended was intriguing, and I'm hoping there will be sequel.
Great book, which I highly recommend

Abiding Flame