5.0 out of 5 stars 'A 'COUNTRY' COMPILATION PACKED WITH MEMORABLE GEMS'
The 'American Heartland' series has already given us one or two great-releases,
this release harbours many of the great names of the Country scene down the
years, perhaps the best 'Country' compilation I've seen in many a year.
Many, if not most of the tracks on-board this 3CD compilation have appeared
in the U.K Charts.
Though there is always...
Published 11 months ago by rbmusicman

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
can not get it to don on Amazon music app
Published 9 months ago by y6r2sh5re

5.0 out of 5 stars 'A 'COUNTRY' COMPILATION PACKED WITH MEMORABLE GEMS', 30 Jun. 2014
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The 'American Heartland' series has already given us one or two great-releases,
this release harbours many of the great names of the Country scene down the
years, perhaps the best 'Country' compilation I've seen in many a year.
Many, if not most of the tracks on-board this 3CD compilation have appeared
in the U.K Charts.
Though there is always going to be a favourite artist not included on an album
of this nature, oh-boy there are so many that are though.
There are so many familiar numbers on-board, i'll randomly select a few from
each of the three discs to give a flavour of the quality you can expect from the
collection.......on disc one........'Johnny Cash' --'I Walk The Line'.......'Willie Nelson'
--' Always on My Mind' .......'Skeeter Davis' --'The End of The World'.......
'Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers' --'Islands in The Stream'........'Jim Reeves' --
'Distant Drums'.......'Roy Orbison' --'Crying'........and.......'Tanya Tucker' --'Delta
Dawn'........Just a few of the many great tracks to be found on disc one.......on disc
two........'Kenny Rogers' --'Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town'........''Don Williams'
--'I Recall the Gypsy Woman'........'Billie Jo Spears' --'Blanket On The Ground'......
'Juice Newton' --'Angel of The Morning'........'Bobby Bare' --'500 Miles Away From
Home'........'Joe South' --'Walk a Mile in My Shoes'........and........'C.W.McCall' --
'Convoy'.......again just a sample of the many great Country numbers on disc two..
...on disc three.......'Frankie Laine' with Jimmy Carroll and his Orchestra' --'Rawhide'
(Many like myself will remember 'Rawhide' being our introduction to screen legend
'Clint Eastwood).......'The Charlie Daniels Band' --'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'
'Tennessee Ernie Ford' --'Sixteen Tons'........'Hank Snow' and his Rainbow Ranch
Boys' --'I'm Movin' On'.......'Marty Robbins' --'Devil Woman'.......'Don Gibson' --
'I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry'.......and.......'Roger Miller' --'King of The Road'.......
just some of the well known numbers to be enjoyed on disc three.
I have quite simply selected around a half a dozen or so of the many memorable
numbers harboured among the play-list on-board this 3-CD compilation....many
more numbers of course were worthy of a mention.......certainly worth checking
out, the collection has many of the greatest Country-Music songs of all-time on
this 3-CD American Heartbeat Compilation......Again,Truly Worth Checking Out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive country collection, 11 July 2014
traveller (stirling, scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is an excellent collection of all of the country standards at a very good price. All the expected artists are here - plus some that might be less familiar. I heard this on Radio 2 and was sufficiently intrigued to buy it and am glad I did. It's great for playing in the car when on a trip, just turn up the volume and sing along!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if mostly predictable compilation, 5 July 2014
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This will suit people who only listen to country music occasionally, but will also suit country fans (like me) who like to have a lot of the obvious songs together in one place. This particular compilation is released by Sony, with some tracks licensed from Universal and one (the final track) licensed from Warner. That Warner track (Mr. Bojangles - Jerry Jeff Walker) is a big surprise, because while it is a great track, there are plenty of more obvious tracks from Emmylou Harris, Olivia Newton John, Randy Travis, Eddie Rabbitt or Dwight Yoakam (to name a few) that I would have considered ahead of Mr Bojangles. Perhaps whoever chose the song is a Star Trek fan. No matter what the reason, its inclusion here is most welcome.

Elsewhere, the choices from a British perspective are fairly predictable, but there are a few other surprises, which I don't mind. The Waylon Jennings track is Are you sure Hank done it this way, rather than Theme from the Dukes of Hazzard. The Bobby Bare track is 500 miles away from home, not Detroit city. The Joe South track is Walk a mile in my shoes, rather than Games people play. And that's about it as far as the choice of songs go for the artists chosen. There is more scope for debating the artists chosen, though the labels now owned by Sony and Universal dominated country music for most of the 20th century. If you already have 101 Country Hits, another multi-label collaboration, you may have a lot of these tracks already, but there are noticeable differences too. For example, this one has Convoy (C W McCall), which wasn't on the other one, but that one had Harper Valley PTA (Jeannie C Riley).

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my dad. He loves country ..., 22 Nov. 2014
I bought this for my dad. He loves country music and all the old favourites are on here but I can't help thinking there's a lot of unknown songs put on there just to fill the album. Maybe it's because I'm not a die hard country fan myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Country greats, 22 Aug. 2014
K. M. Wakefield "Kath the wrinkly" (Hendygwyn Sir Gar UK) - See all my reviews
Have played this trio again and again, Canadian cousins said they felt at home when they visited, but I still think I know the words to each track better than them!! Very happy with this purchase most of my favourites are on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three discs so good value., 30 July 2014
Very good value. Discs were dirty though and wouldn't play at first. After a good clean they were much better.
Lots of well known C&W songs ...so get it and sing along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD., 9 July 2014
Quick delivery, excellent value & great quality. Great CD with all the greats on it. Brought for my elderly parents who will enjoy it for many hours to come. Really pleased, would recommend item & supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
All my favourite country artists and songs

5.0 out of 5 stars There are some great classics on here, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: American Heartland: Legends of Country (MP3 Download)
There are some great classics on here. I bought this after I went to Nashville earlier this year as part of a tour. I was never much of a country fan as such, but after going to the Nashville Palace, the Grand ol Opry and some honky-tonk bars, I heard some fantastic music. I heard someone do a brilliant version of "The Devil went down to Georgia", he had the whole place up on their feet and I thought "I must download that song when I get home". I found it on this album, now I'm loving all the other tracks.

Superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST BRILL., 21 Aug. 2014
Maureen Baugh "mojo" (leicestershire) - See all my reviews
Brillant CD i enjoyed every second listening to it,all 3 CDs were great just as i thought they would be,some of the best country singers of our time.Buy it if you are a country fan you will not regret it.Lets have some more like this.