on 21 June 2014
Lorelei James has brought an end to the Rough Rider Series with a masterpiece! Cowboy Take Me Away is out of this world. I have loved this series from start to finish. I have felt like a fly on the wall when reading this series about the McKay family and their highs and lows have been brought to life by Ms James beautifully, making me laugh and cry with them.

Cowboy Take Me Away is the story of Carson and Carolyn spanning fifty or so years and I adore them. I am not good with words and cannot begin to describe how this story went through the whole gamut of my emotions. I loved seeing glimpses of their family life over the years, coupled with their enduring love and strength.

If you haven’t read the Rough Rider Series I would not start here as you will miss out on the most wonderful journey – start at the beginning with Long Hard Ride.

There are not enough stars to give this book and even though I am sad to see this series end, I cannot praise Lorelei James highly enough for an epic ending.
on 21 June 2014
Firstly like so many other reviewers may I add how sorry I am that this is the last we will hear about the Mckay family. With so many off spring I hoped it would run on further.
To finish the series of with Carson and Carolyn's story was the best way to go though. To discover how they met, fell in love against the odds and then stuck together through everything. A truly emotional roller coaster of a read.
I became hooked on the Rough Riders series from the start highly recommend the entire series to anyone.
Not many book books deserve more than five stars, This is one of the rare exceptions. I wish I could give it Six.
on 22 June 2014
I have loved this entire series! This book takes you to the very start with the parents of the largest part of the McKay family. This was a sweet yet at times gritty telling of a love that lasts but also shows that you have to work at it and never give up! I am sorry the series has ended but the best was saved until last!
on 21 June 2014
Like most other reviews, I'm sad this wonderful series is now at an end. I feel like I know these people for real, the writing style is so powerful and honest , these characters stay with you, particularly in this last great book. I loved the flash backs, kids getting into trouble and the love between Caro and Carson. this bk made me laugh and cry- cry mostly because it's ended, no more McKay adventures or funny lines from Keeley, my favourite being to Cam " hurry up, I've gotta piss like a race horse". from Cam's story, but in my mind she stole the show. Great book no fan of this series should miss. say goodbye to housework and friends and concentrate on reading the closing chapter on this wonderful series.
on 18 June 2014
First may I say that I am personally devastated that this series of books has concluded. I was a late starter to the Rough Riders series but once I got started it was an addiction I did and do not want to give up. The final book gives you an amazing insight to the fabulous Carson and Carolyn McKay along with the 3 other devilish McKay brothers. I just love reading about the passion that started it all. It fills in a few unanswered questions and wraps everything up with a pretty little bow!! It was a book that once started I could not put down till the glorious end. Thank you Lorelei James for your amazing imagination and dedication that has brought us tears,laughter,sexiness and downright pleasure.
on 22 June 2014
This book was excellent, will admit to shedding a few tears while Carson and Carolyn were reminiscing. This was the perfect ending to the most excellent series of books I've read.
on 14 July 2015
I had fixed feeling about Carson and Carolyn book. I wanted to know how the silver tongue devil talked Carolyn into marry him but I also didn't want to read the hard times like Carson spoke about to Colt.
I had a really bad feeling one of them would die in their last book and I would be totally destroyed.
Overall I loved this book. It was a huge eye opener for which family belonged to which.
With so many characters I often got confused between who was the parents.
Just hope one day I meet a guy like Carson and he sweeps me off my feet. Great HEA.
on 27 June 2014
I don't review many books but this book was fantastic it made me laugh and cry and become fully involved with the characters well done
on 29 June 2014
This was worth waiting for! So enjoyable, loved how you travelled through time, laughing and crying along the way. Sorry this series has ended, but its not the end of Lorelei James and looking forward to further stories that you have in store for us. Thankyou so much for your writing skills, if it wasn't for you this family would of not existed, and I'm sure to all your readers this family is alive and well continuing to live their lives?
on 26 April 2016
OMG what a beautiful story. Lorelei James just never fails. She is , without doubt, one of my favourite authors. She never gets burn out, when the longer the series the worse the books become. Everyone has been a journey. I am so in love with the rough rider series. I have read them over & over and it's like revisiting an old love. I will never want to get rid of these. I just don't want the series to ever end.