5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly honest
Actually couldn't put this down and love how Chanelle just says what she thinks without worrying about what people will think of her. Refreshingly honest and real, which must have been so difficult considering the tragedy she's had in her life.
Published 8 months ago by Girlyvez

3.0 out of 5 stars ... honest account of a very insecure woman who makes terrible choices in life and never changes her ways unfortunately
An honest account of a very insecure woman who makes terrible choices in life and never changes her ways unfortunately. However, it was a good read but I was frustrated with her immature attitude. Let's hope her child helps her to grow up into responsible adult/Mum.
Published 1 month ago by J. WALKER

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly honest, 6 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book about a top lass, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
Don't normally review books but felt I had too with this. Chanelle is brutally honest and your emotions go with her as the book continues. This is the best celeb autobiography I've read (and I've read a few.). Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
Not your average celebrity book. This girl has been through the mill and now hopefully out the other end. Laughed, cried and gobsmacked throughout. Once you start this you won't put it down !

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting and honest read, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't really sure what to expect, but chanelle explains her life right from the beginning, honestly and with more detail than I expected. The book covers her highs and lows, including relationships, pregnancy, financial crisis I enjoyed the book, and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and eye opening, 4 July 2014
BookAddictShaun (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
This is probably one of the best celebrity autobiographies I've read, and I've read a lot of them. Chanelle is easily in my Top 5 Big Brother housemates of all time and today still makes the front cover of the biggest weekly magazines, whether it's Men's magazines or the weeklies. She's the rare type of glamour model that men love but that women can relate to. She carved a career for herself at a time when it wasn't as easy as it is today. With the likes of TOWIE and Twitter it happens overnight seemingly. A lot of people have an opinion about her, some negative but she also has a lot of fans. Personally I think she's fantastic and this book only made me an even bigger fan than I already was.

Baring My Heart is a very apt title as Chanelle has done just that. This is a no holds barred, brutally honest account of her life. Starting with her prostitute mother being murdered when she was only a baby, you'd imagine that to be pretty bad, but her teenage life was then plagued with problems started off by her need to know the truth about her mother from her adoptive parents who didn't want to tell her until she was 18. I was shocked to read most of what went on, some of which would have destroyed the strongest of people but somehow she overcame it all and one day accompanied her friend to a Big Brother audition with no intention of auditioning herself. Well, I think we all know what happened next.

It's shocking at times to read some of the things she has been through and to realise she is only two years older than me. As a glamour model people may not agree that she is a role model but I disagree and say that she is. The modelling is only one side of her. Underneath is a woman who has faced her fair share of problems and is telling her story perhaps in the hope that if even one person can take something from it then she's achieved something by telling it. She is a role model for anybody finding out they have been adopted, anyone who has had an eating disorder, anyone who has been in a troubled relationship, felt suicidal or attempted it. She's certainly a better role model than some of the more well known celebrities of recent times.

Chanelle doesn't claim to be perfect, nor does she cover up her mistakes in life, either by leaving them out of the book or making excuses for them. Speaking with searing honesty, she talks about events that most women would rather forget than relive all over again for other people to read. I can't think of anything in the book that she didn't hold up her hands and take responsibility for, despite the heartache she has lived through it is not an attempt for sympathy at all. Alongside all that though there are some great stories, not least when she met Victoria Beckham at a book signing. And Chanelle's fans know she isn't afraid to voice her opinion, which she does here. I loved the comments about a certain BB contestant I had certainly forgotten about. I could easily sit with Chanelle for hours having a good bitch. She is also very honest about her time in the BB house, say no more but prepare to be shocked! The honesty also continues with what she talks about after leaving the house, which anyone who has read about her in the press will know what to expect.

I think Chanelle fans will enjoy this book, and love her even more for telling her story. As a relatively short book (242 pages) it packs one hell of a punch and is a story that deserves to be read. It's crazy how different her life could've been if one or two things had happened differently. But then I guess that's the case for all our lives. As for the haters, they might perhaps learn a thing or two if they bother to read it. And the one thing that haters can't take away from Chanelle is the fact she is an amazing mum to her son Blakely, anyone following her Twitter can see the love she has for her son. I can't reccommend the book enough, Chanelle I feel has been incredibly brave sharing her story and appears to finally be happy and settled. The only thing I wanted more of in the book were pictures as there was only one section! Other than that I really enjoyed the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 19 July 2014
Literally the most surprisingly brilliant read. I was sceptical at first but now I feel like I can relate to so much that he has experienced! New found respect for channelle! Love! Please read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
I was skeptical it first, but omg I could not put the book down.

I could relate to so much of her past and was in tears reading. Chanelle is very strong woman and should not be judged for her past or what she does. She does it on her own. She should definitely receive recognition for this.

She wrote to me once on twitter when I was pregnant and alone same time and I was struggling and she tweeted me lovely advice and I did get the help.

Inspiring woman and amazing mum x

4.0 out of 5 stars Good beach read - very honestly written, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
Not usually one for celebrity autobiographies (I always want to skip to the part where they become famous!), I downloaded this because I have always liked Chanelle - she has a dry sense of humour and is very intelligent - but that said,her relationships with men, mainly Matthew Bates and Jack Tweed have always fascinated me because I had always wondered how someone seemingly so headstrong could put up with what she has put up with.

Chanelle writes with honesty and you can tell it is written in her own voice which I liked. There were a few insights into the celebrity culture and the way that celebrities are managed through agents that shocked me, and it was very interesting to read about Chanelle's tough start to life and how it affected her during her difficult teenage years.

I have dropped a star ONLY because for me, the part I was looking forward to reading about (her current relationship with Jack Tweed) I personally felt was a little rushed at the end, and a lot of details / explanations I was hoping to read were swept under the carpet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!!, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
Such an amazing interesting story that had me hooked from the beginning. Really changed my opinion on both channelle and jacks relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected!!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart (Kindle Edition)
A must read!! Very sad at times but def made me change my opinion of Chanelle just goes to show you should never judge someone!!!!

Chanelle Hayes - Baring My Heart