5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat very easy to fit
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:06 Mins
Note the maker supplied me with a review sample, no attempt was made to influence my opinion.

This set of 5 laces comes complete with lace ends and a spring loaded lock, this makes for a very quick way to tie up laces or boots.
Published 9 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
These are rubbish, they break quickly
Published 3 months ago by M.S.K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat very easy to fit, 1 July 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:06 Mins

Fitting was simple, just lace up the shoe in the normal way putting both ends at the top of the shoe through the spring loaded clip. Pop the plastic lace end over the 2 lace ends and double knot them. If you have extra length cut it as required.

I wondered if the locking mechanism would hold firmly enough, but going for a walk this morning no signs of slipping from it.
As a bonus there are reflective parts of the lace which is useful as a safety feature at night.

Well made and does the job nicely. A very simple but useful concept.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with I took the leap with these, 29 Nov. 2014
For the price I thought I might be taking a risk and getting a cheaper product. I was wrong. These are great quality. My walking boots just slip on and off in seconds, only time will tell if they last as long as traditional laces but so far its been great not getting muck all over the place swapping out of boots to get into the car etc.. As for trainers they had the same effect, takes a while to get them adjusted to feel like they will stay on if you break into a run yet they give as you use them making the trainers feel eerily comfortable! Got 2 left as spares but the kids are already eying them up! They are low key enough most people don't know you've got them but when they look they are smart enough you can extol their virtues and encourage them to move on :)

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints!, 8 Feb. 2015
Bought these for my son's football boots as he can't yet tie laces. Work a treat and seem to be lasting ok. He had had them in his boots for 2 months, wears them weekly, and they are still fine. A bit fiddly to threadle up but the toggle which holds them tight needs to be stiff or it would slide along the laces and probably wear out quicker, and you only need to threadle them up once, then just slide the toggle up and down to loosen and tighten, so overall very happy with these. The trick is to make sure you get the length just right so they are long enough to loosen but no too long so they dangle about when tightened.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Friendly Swede Elastic Shoe Lace Fastening System - Lace Locks - No tying - Actually work well, 11 Aug. 2014
My mother is 82 years old and is still very active, but there are parts of the daily routine that are becoming more tedious for her these days. When I first told her that we were going to send her these ingenious shoe laces, she scoffed at me saying something like 'so you think I'm too old to tie my own shoes anymore..." Her tune changed shortly after receiving these laces, though it did take her a few days (and a bit of nagging on my part) to try them out. Based on her experience, we definitely recommend these laces.

Mom's feedback was basically the following: The laces are easy to put in your shoes, and the locking mechanism is not too hard to figure and is also easy to use once ready to go. The length of the laces is customized by cutting them down to size as needed, and she had no problem doing that. They work well in her tennis shoes and marsh boots, and she wondered if a refined version might be released someday that would look good and work well for more dressy footwear.

The Amazon sales page states that The Friendly Swede provides a "Lifetime Warranty" on this item, which is outstanding. Therefore, if an issue ever arises, we will return here to update the review and let you know what the issue was and how resolution was handled. We did receive these laces gratis from the manufacturer and have put them through their paces to objectively find out how well they performed. My statements here reflect that testing.

If you are looking for a non-tying show lace system this style and composition, for use as I have described above, based on my mother's experience we would recommend this set for your use. Very worth giving them a try.

Go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best elastic laces I've bought since my Nathan Lock Laces, but better value!, 5 Jan. 2015
These are the best elastic laces I've bought since my Nathan Lock Laces, but substantially cheaper! If you've never used elastic laces before, I'd recommend that you give them a try, especially for sports shoes.

Benefits:
1: Quick and easy to do up/undo (even for people with hand co-ordination problems)
2: Stay done up!
3: Allow your foot to flex with activity.
4: Help your shoes to stay on better without undue pressure.
5. Perfect for lazy people! (Oh, and kids, the elderly, triathletes...)

i love the fastener on these, it's small, neat and flat. It also stays put which is a problem I've had with some other brands.

I don't know whether it's the oils in my skin, or hand creams and so on, but my laces never stay tied after a few weeks no matter how many knots I put in them. I ended up looking like a three year old, constantly running around with untied laces. Not any more. What's even better, is that they are perfect for lazy people, or those of us who constantly need to remove shoes for whatever reason. I have them in my biker boots, equestrian boots, trainers, walking boots...

The only downside with this particular brand so far is that they don't do a plain black version for more "dress shoes". Perhaps in the future. More colours please!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ) item easy to install and does the job well, 2 Dec. 2014
P. Patel (London) - See all my reviews
Arrived superfast (dispatched same day!) item easy to install and does the job well. Helping my 3yr old putting his own shoes on.

Possible improvements would be
1) packaging that fits through a letterbox. Missed the postman first time around.
2) slimmer end-tie as it's slightly unsightly dangling at the end of your shoe. Not killer, just a little annoying.

Little overjoyed at being able to put on his own shoes without assistance.
Thank you Friendly Swede.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are elastic laces...., 14 Aug. 2014
Excellent value for money and do what they are supposed to. Bought for an event that I was doing and they worked well - nothing much more to say really.... I only needed the 1 pair, using more than 1 pair on my shoes would be showing off and would have made my fellow competitors feel bad, which would have been poor form.

5.0 out of 5 stars these are one of if not the best as when they are fitted and cut to the ..., 27 Jan. 2015
I bought this pack of 5 sets of laces for around £15, I have used many different types from differing companies, these are one of if not the best as when they are fitted and cut to the correct length they keep your boots or shoes tight if thats what you want, many types I have bought are ok but usually slip and loosen so have to be tightened periodically, having used these for a week of so they have not had to be adjusted at all, once tightened thats it.

I'll be using these again and if I require anymore which is almost certain I will be using this company, they are friendly and actually the cheapest Elastic laces I've bought, being dubious at first of the price as they are cheap, I'm happily surprised at the quality and the value, Highly recommended by me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious accessory eliminates the need to tie shoelaces, 3 Aug. 2014
These 119 cm shoelaces are elasticized, which makes them easy to adjust and very comfortable to wear, and they have reflective threads for an extra bit of safety at night.

The locking button makes easy to take shoes on and off and also to adjust the tightness of the laces, even when wearing gloves. No need to tie knots or worry about them coming undone!

The cone-shaped tips keep the ends of the laces corralled and can easily be tucked under the criss-crossed laces to keep them from flopping around.

Overall, a very handy shoelace system for anyone who wears laced shoes.

The Friendly Swede provided lack locks for evaluation and review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these! No tying and easy to fit!, 1 Dec. 2014
Steve Lai (London) - See all my reviews
These are excellent if you want to convert your laced shoes into versions that you don't have to tie shoelaces. So far, I have used these to convert my old pair of laced Vivobarefoot and Brooks Green Silence running shoes into "no tie" versions very much like the Vivobarefoot Ultra Pure M. I am going to use the rest to convert my walking boots and other shoes into easy slip-ons.

The shoelaces didn't come with instructions, but it wasn't difficult to figure out how to fit them. The shoe laces are of generous length, and I found I needed to cut off the excess. Otherwise, fitting these are very straightforward and can be completed in just a few minutes.

The Friendly Swede No Tie Shoelaces (5 Pairs), Black, White