4.0 out of 5 stars Ready to move to Edenton
Published 3 months ago by Joyce Wetherbee

3.0 out of 5 stars #breakingfree
I loved the story line of this book, the beginning was really intriguing but it just went down hill from there I constantly found myself skipping pages. But I would recommend for those who read the 'Others of Edenton' series.
Published 3 months ago by Fangirl

4.0 out of 5 stars Ready to move to Edenton, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
The latest entry in the ongoing saga of the Others of Edenton introduces us to Declan, Moira and their children, Devlin and Fallon (whom we met in In Too Deep). The prologue takes us back 71 years to when Declan and Moira meet before moving forward nine years to when they must part for their family's safety. Devlin and Fallon are separated to be raised by the parent best able to teach them to handle the talents each were born with.

Devlin is now on the run from the Dales and DeMarco, the dark mage that captured him and his father twenty years ago. Free of the dark wards, he starts dreaming of Jamie and eventually promises he will find her. Afraid of bringing the dark mage and Dales to Edenton, Devlin tells Jamie he can't stay for fear of what they will do to her.

Rivers has outdone herself with Breaking Free. With each new Others book, her characters gain more depth and complexity. The town of Edenton becomes more interesting and vibrant. New characters are introduced, saved, find strengths within themselves of which they were previously unaware. When Jamie finally convinces Devlin to tell her the whole of his history, he again has what was missing for years, the unconditional love he needed.

Once his relationship to Fallon is no longer a secret, everyone begins training to protect themselves, each other, and their town. Devlin, a healer and gentle soul at heart, is unable to find the warrior within until a few choice comments by Preston. (I love this part.)

All our favorite characters are back, both the good and not so good. Love, family and a looming battle that will decide much had me devouring this book at the first opportunity. I thoroughly enjoyed this visit to Edenton and look forward to my next trip. If you enjoy shape shifters, vampires, and other paranormal beings, a bit of light romance, you can't go wrong. Visit Edenton, you'll enjoy yourself.

But for two missed errors, I would have gladly given Rivers 5 stars. Unfortunately, I must adhere to the criteria I set forth for rating a book. Regretfully, I can only give her 4. I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, as with all in this series it gets another 5 stars as they are really that good.

We get to meet Devlin, Fallon's older brother who is just fantastic but so different from herself. He's a Dreamwalker and comes to visit Jamie through her dreams.
He sets out to find her then meets his sister and a whole load of things happen, not to mention the return of the return of the Dales, who Fallen dispatched last time they appeared in Edenton.

Devlin and Jamie make a great couple and Devlin just fits in perfectly with the others of Edenton, and as always there's always a great battle scene as the Dales arrive as they try to take everyone down with them, who will win who will lose and will anybody be changed for the better!

I was given this book in return for an honest review (LOP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Free, 28 Aug 2014
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
As a Dreamwalker, Devlin’s life has been a nightmare for too long, until he stumbles upon a dream realm where he can’t resist a little werewolf in this riveting paranormal romance. This paranormal community inspires friendship and loyalty as they accept new comers and past mistakes are forgiven to join together and fight to keep everyone safe. The action is full of magic, excitement and drama but remains believable and the charming Others of Edenton ensnare the readers ensuring that they are completely caught up in the story until they finish the last page and I for one can’t wait to read the next one.

“Copy right Night Owl Reviews”

4 ½ STARS

See my full review at: Night Owl Reviews .com

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie and Devlin, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Jamie has been getting visited by a man in her dreams. She knows that he is real and

that he is her mate. Now all she can do is hope that he will come to her. When he finally

does show up he says he is only going to leave again and that does not fly with her. She is

bound and determined to make him stay. When it turns out that he is also the brother of

her best friend it is just another reason to make him stay.

Devlin is a Dreamwalker and he has been a captive and been made to do horrible things

by an evil Mage and Vampires called Shadowstalkers. After he finally escapes them he Dreamwalks

and finds Jamie. His little wolf, his mate. He wants nothing more then to be with her. But he

knows that if he stays with her then those that are after him will take her to get to him. He will

do anything to keep Jamie and his sister safe.

My Opinion: This is the second book that I have read from this Author and I LOVED it. I think that

Brandy is a great author that comes up with great plots and puts it all together to make a great story.

I could not put the book down. I think that this is a great series with great characters and I definitely

look forward to what comes next in this series. This book may be part of a series but it can easily be

read as a stand alone. I highly recommend reading.

‘Read and Reviewed by LSK Sweetheart Reveiws’

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I was given this to write a honest review for the group lovers of the paranormal on goodreads.
They just keep getting better and better!!
Wow having read all books in the series so far , I can honestly say I love them all.
Breaking free introduces new characters and pulls in all the other characters to make a great book. This book takes you through a range if emotions, I found myself cringing, laughing and smiling at my tablet reading this.
Once again the characters are fab and well written. Devlin is such a soft natured person in this book but does have dark secrets that he has endured.
Preston is featured in this book a fair bit - I just want that cocky man to find his mate!
Brandy did a fantastic job once again with this story.
Im not sure if this is the last in the series,  I certainly hope not :(
Would recommend for thoses who love paranormal books. Why not check out her other bokks too I'm definitely going to if this series is anything to go by!!

4.0 out of 5 stars " This is the fourth in the series and I highly recommend that you read them all in order, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is the fourth in the series and I highly recommend that you read them all in order. The stories are all strong in their own right, but much richer as a whole. Unusually the characters are strong enough to stay in the memory between releases, although I would never complain if they came out more frequently!

Finally in this story Jamie gets her chance, although others from previous books get to tell us how they are moving forward too. As always the path to contentment is littered with evil creatures with dastardly intentions, but there is time for romance and passion too. I found the way Devlin behaved to be fascinating, as he most certainly wasn't an Alpha male and was wracked with guilt, yet he found great inner strength.

Looking forward to the next one!

~~Wicked Reads Review Team~~

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good story, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the Author and the “Lovers of Paranormal” Group on Goodreads.com

This is a well written quick read. The characters of Edenton have their own unique personalities and stories. If you haven't read the other books in the series I highly recommend that you do.

The focus of this book is Devlin and Jamie. At first I really did not like Devlin, I thought he was just too whiney. However, as the story progressed I liked him more. Jamie is a strong, likeable woman.

I can see another book coming in this series because there are a few characters that deserve their own stories (hey, I can hope!).

This is a wonderful series if you don't mind some explicit sex scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking free(others of edenton), 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This was a really great read and had all the great character for the other books.l really loved it ,well written,plenty of action can't wait for the next one.l also have to wait for the next one in the series others of Seattle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky to get this early as an ARC and it was by far the best work yet. I cant say too much without wanting to go into detail but its not only romantic and the usual violence but also a moving story for the brother n sister duo Devlin and Fallon. I cant wait for the next book and would highly recommend this to all romantics :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It xx, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I find myself wondering if this may be the best book of the series (so far).
It is full of our favourite characters, progressing even further into their respective lives.
In this installment we meet Devlin, a Dream Walker, who has been a captive of the Dales for the last 20 years.
He is a great character & not surprisingly gels perfectly with our merry band.
He has connected with Jamie through her dreams & goes to Edenton to see her, but he also has another connection there too.
There were a few surprises in this story & a lot of truths were revealed.
I love this series & the characters & story lines just seem to get better & better.

Breaking Free (Others of Edenton Book 4)