5.0 out of 5 stars Gives a lovely finish., 15 Feb. 2012
This is incredible stuff. It goes on ultra-light and helps to stop me looking too greasy as I have really oily skin. The colour range is amazing, Kudos to you Elizabeth Arden for having the alacrity to extend it so expansively. I am Caribbean, so I use no 8 in the Winter, and no 9 in the Summer when I am more tanned. It has a high SPF factor too, an added bonus. I use an acne preparation which means that even with Afro-Caribbean skin, I must use sun protection, so this makes it ideal for me.

All the good stuff in it helps to control my adult acne very effectively. I know this because unlike almost every other kind of make-up I have ever tried, my skin looks better the more that I use it, and it's a must for 'that time of the month'. I love the fact that I can mask my imperfections, but my skin looks and feels like my own. Get the shade and application just right, and I defy anyone to look at you and tell your wearing anything on your skin. And it seems to make my skin really soft.

The delivery system is inspired. It is efficient and clean, and it eliminates the problem of that ghastly, unhygienic grease spot that inevitably appears in the middle of your powder, with the moderately usable section confined to the outer rim. Just freshly ground powder every day, but don't twist it too far, a little of this really goes a very long way, and overloading it on your skin will make it start to collect and that's just a waste. But, even that can be blended into your skin with a few drops of water on your fingers as a light, liquid tint. Very versatile, this stuff! Just turn the ring a little, and the smallest gathering of powder swirled on the end of your brush will give you the best result. It's better to build the layers lightly, then you get that lovely, even, barely there but very effective cover and a natural finish.

I have very fussy, super sensitive skin, it does not take lightly to having rubbish products applied to it. But I can honestly say I have not had so much as an itch with this stuff. It's actually soothing on your skin.

Also, you can mix a bit of it with your lotion or potion of choice to make a tinted moisturiser that gives you the lightest veil of covering for a super-fresh natural look and feel. For anyone with very dry skin, this may be the best way to apply it initially, as it will show dry patches when dusted on. And again, a little goes a long way, just dust a light layer of it over your face after if you feel you need a little more coverage, and pat lightly into your skin with your fingers, blending where and if needed. I actually had to check my account to see when I ordered my first one, that was Oct 2010, and I'm on my third one, so I would have to say that even at full price this would be a very economical buy. I got rid of the applicator puff that came with it, it was too flimsy, but a big Kabooki style powder brush is the best method of application anyway, so you can get a retractable one and load it for touch ups for the day ahead. Or, just take this with you as it won't crumble and wreak havoc on everything in your bag it comes into contact with, as the powder is well contained.

I really like this product, and by shopping around on here, you can make a huge saving on the R.R.P. I have been trying E. A. products over the years one at a time, and have not yet been disappointed. A very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars powder foundation, 29 May 2013
brilliant you only need only need a small amount on your brush. With it being powder i was worried it would feel dry and suffocating on my skins but its lovely very pleased will defiantly be buying more :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2014
very good and quick delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2014