5.0 out of 5 stars Viper or not?
Interesting read! I've always thought of Anne as a cold power hungry viper and even though the title seems to suggest that I was correct this book shows her as a 3 dimensional woman who loved as much as she hated.
As a huge fan of the Tudor dynasty I found this book totally believable and look forward to reading more from this author
Published 7 months ago by Mrs. K. L. Nolan

3.0 out of 5 stars A rollicking read, but get a decent editor!
Published 8 months ago by vickisongstar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A rollicking read, but get a decent editor!, 28 July 2014
This is a great story, and I enjoyed it immensely. The author confesses to creative license with the character of Anne Stanhope, but it is well done. What infuriated me was the editor's lack of attention to detail. Idioms such as 'made my world go round' have no place in a Tudor novel- as far as I know they hadn't figured that out yet! 'Have I made you mad?' In Britain this is rarely used for 'angry even today, and certainly wouldn't have been back when madness was a curse nobody understood. The copy is sadly peppered with simple typos which can destroy the flow of reading.
Having said all this, the book is a good read which will keep fans of Tudor history hooked, despite a rather rushed and unpolished ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viper or not?, 22 Aug. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars History a backdrop for purple passages, 15 Sept. 2014
Mrs. WE Virgo (Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
It is an interesting idea to view the Tudor court through the eyes of Anne, lady Hertford. Although the context is historically accurate, much speculation is employed of course , to pull together a story. It's a bit lurid here and there, but I suppose they were brutal times, the writing is a bit jerky, eg whole pages of heavy breathing and lustful longings and then major events lightly touched on . Sometimes the grammar is appalling and so is the spelling. What can I say? I think I nearly finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 9 Jun. 2014
Really Loved this book, much better than other Tudor novels, looking forward to reading the next book by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth reading, 16 Sept. 2014
I could not put this book down not a lot is known about Anne the wife of Edward Seymour , it goes through their when Jane married the king till shortly after henrys death when her husband was lord Protector

1.0 out of 5 stars My Lady Viper ???????not, 6 Oct. 2014
What a disappointment. to read the authors notes at the back of the book to find out that basically everything was fiction, changing dates and events. To much heavy breathing and hot flushes. More like reading a Mills and Boon book. I enjoy historical novels and I know that conversations and such like are fictional, but to change history - no please don't call this an historical novel. This is the second book I have read by E Knight and it will be the last, certainly not in the same class as Philippa Gregory.

4.0 out of 5 stars new author to me, 26 Jun. 2014
Really enjoyed this book lots of twists and turns - will buy more books from this author will look out for future books .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sept. 2014
I loved this book. Anything about Tudor life I find fascinating. Good details and captures the mood excellently.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Lady Viper, 14 Sept. 2014
My Lady Viper is an interesting read. During the time when Jane Seymour was Queen. The intrigue of court day to day life and the in fighting to gain power - life was a constant worry and looking over your shoulder to see who is waiting to stab you in the back. I found this book a bit lovey dovey in parts but a good read never the less.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love all things Tudor and thought to give this a ..., 26 Aug. 2014
I love all things Tudor and thought to give this a go. I wasn't disappointed. A really good, interesting book which brings to life Henry V111 Court. The Author really made the characters come to life and I enjoyed it very much. I hope the Author writes more Tudor fiction.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›