5.0 out of 5 stars Is very good great signal and does not use the data too ...
Brought this for my father in law who was in a hospital with no WiFi access.

Is very good great signal and does not use the data too quick at all.
Published 2 months ago by Alex J Marsh

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with this
Published 5 months ago by J N Kennedy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with this, 19 Oct. 2014
I am disappointed with this. It seems very poor at acquiring the signal, and then the distance from the user needs to be minimal. So for example, It can show 2 bars of signal strength but produce no connection whatsoever; it is better when connected directly to my PC by USB. I cannot place it by a window to try to get a stronger signal because it will not send the signal across the same room to my PC. When it's working well though, the speed is great. I shall try to find something else more flexible with greater wifi reach such as from Netgear or DLink. It would be good if I could find a proper review commenting on aspects such as the ability to acquire a signal and the likely wifi range within a home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is very good great signal and does not use the data too ..., 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: EE Pay As You Go Osprey Mobile Wi-Fi with 6GB of 4GEE Data (Electronics)
Brought this for my father in law who was in a hospital with no WiFi access.

Is very good great signal and does not use the data too quick at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value hotspot with a fast startup, 12 Mar. 2015
+ Fast startup
+ Stylish design
+ Feels solid in the hand like a well build product but also lightweight
+ Battery lasts ages (left it on accidentally overnight after already on for a few hours, still going next morning)
+ Great to have around if you prefer a more indoor-friendly network for your phone (EE's overall 3G+4G coverage is leaps and bounds ahead of others - you're almost never without it unless you're in the middle of some valley in the lake district. Less so indoors in rural areas like mine)

- Not certain if it can be a little 'deaf' to 4G - that said, I used it in a wider area and it was picking it up a lot, so it may just be the local transmitter.

Excellent value for the £40 it was on sale at on Amazon at the time. I don't see any reason to get the more expensive Kite unless you prefer the more "premium" looking build or the rectangular form factor.

This applies to ALL mifis on ALL networks but keep in mind it is expensive to run mobile hotspots (everything expires after a set time e.g. 30 days) compared to enabling Personal Hotspot on your phone on a pay-for-what-you-use deal. I find it annoying that the mobile networks distinguish between the two since they provide the same function and it technically may be cheaper to carry a cheap 4G phone with hotpot capability.

2.0 out of 5 stars get 2 stars for internet speed.... ..., 5 Sept. 2014
get 2 stars for internet speed .... but as mentioned by another reviewer there is a serious security issue in that you only have to press the button on the side to display the ssid and the password ..... so anyone who picks up the device can use it to connect to the internet rendering it very vunerable as a mobile router .... i have spoken to the technical dept at ee and they confirm there is no way to hide the password and ssid codes on the device .... very dissapointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution if you are in a 4G area, still defaults to 3G when 4 is not available, 14 Dec. 2014
P. Carter "peterC" (Sothampton UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to set up was up on line almost immediately and since our LL Broadband is only 1 meg this if blindingly fast. We don't download video or films, just data, so a 6 gig stick lasts us three weeks. Cheaper than broadband by far.

1.0 out of 5 stars useless piece of plastic, 17 Feb. 2015
Haven't been able to get a signal on this device at home or outside. I have good coverage on my phone also on ee so can't understand the problem. I bought this to get my tablet usable on the go but pretty useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to set up and gave good speed from the ..., 14 Mar. 2015
rosy44 (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I was pleasantly surprised by this device. It was easy to set up and gave good speed from the 4G network. I have only been using it for a small number of devices within the home so have no experience of the extent of its WiFi range or how it copes with multiple users. It feels robust and well made so it can probably withstand the odd tumble which often happens with portable equipment. The battery life is acceptable, but in any case it charges, and can be run, off the usual USB type of charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it, 23 Feb. 2015
Easy to set-up and use. Works well where I live. Good value for money as cheaper than EE by £20 at time I bought it. Also bought separate 6gb SIM card at good price through Amazon. Comes with separate charger but you can use it straight away with it plugged in and charging if you need to. Put the little box anywhere where you have good reception and look for the WiFi on your device/s. Easy to connect and disconnect from your device without using a password all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device, 8 Mar. 2015
I've had this a couple of months now, and I'm glad I got it, I did read forums etc before buying, I would just like to clear up that online gaming is fine no lag what so ever, and it uses about 45-50MB an hour, its watching Youtube and videos (streaming) that uses alot of data.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great signal/speed., 16 Feb. 2015
Michael O'Connor (Chester, England) - See all my reviews
VERY happy with it. 4g signal in my location is only supposed to be available outside, yet I can get 1 or 2 bars of 4g and a great speed. I work close to a window so only have the Osprey about 8 feet away from me so can't comment on the device when being used at a distance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›