5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit
Nice bit of kit, you can change the security, by going to 192.168.1.1 in Internet explorer, user admin password admin. This can be changed too once you are happy. Nice and secure for me now.
Published 2 months ago by Helen P.

2.0 out of 5 stars get 2 stars for internet speed.... ...
Published 1 month ago by westy

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 31 July 2014
This review is from: EE Pay As You Go Osprey Mobile Wi-Fi with 6GB of 4GEE Data (Electronics)

2.0 out of 5 stars get 2 stars for internet speed.... ..., 5 Sep 2014
get 2 stars for internet speed .... but as mentioned by another reviewer there is a serious security issue in that you only have to press the button on the side to display the ssid and the password ..... so anyone who picks up the device can use it to connect to the internet rendering it very vunerable as a mobile router .... i have spoken to the technical dept at ee and they confirm there is no way to hide the password and ssid codes on the device .... very dissapointed

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with this, 19 Oct 2014
I am disappointed with this. It seems very poor at acquiring the signal, and then the distance from the user needs to be minimal. So for example, It can show 2 bars of signal strength but produce no connection whatsoever; it is better when connected directly to my PC by USB. I cannot place it by a window to try to get a stronger signal because it will not send the signal across the same room to my PC. When it's working well though, the speed is great. I shall try to find something else more flexible with greater wifi reach such as from Netgear or DLink. It would be good if I could find a proper review commenting on aspects such as the ability to acquire a signal and the likely wifi range within a home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done!, 5 Oct 2014
• Top class gadget
• Fast internet
• Easy to set up! (I set it up in about 5 mins)
• Everything you need in the box
• Better than a Dongle
• EASY to top up!

I'd say definitely buy this! I was extremely unsure but this gadget works well and I'm over the moon! Thank you EE!

*** Watching movies will run down you GB faster! ***

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item, this is the second one I bought, 2 Sep 2014
Mrs. Jean Welsh (UK) - See all my reviews
Brilliant item, this is the second one I bought, first was for me, this one was for my boss who has a holiday home. Can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nifty, 18 Jun 2014
David H. Bebbington (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Based on 1 days' ownership, I'd have to say this gadget (supplied via Orange) is pretty impressive. It does not seem particularly effective as a broadband dongle, but as a mini wifi router it is great. At the present time I have the Osprey plugged in by the back door and am getting a good signal 50 feet down the garden in my chalet office. It of course gives a better signal with the Osprey also in the office. I'm using a BTDual Band 600 dongle on my desktop PC which does not have built-in wifi, this also works quite well with one of my laptops on which the wifi has packed up. I previously had an Orange wifi dongle which was really at its last gasp in the garden office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct 2014
value for money works well

3.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, inexcusable flaws in terms of security and software, 27 July 2014
I've been using this now for nearly 3 weeks. The device is manufactured by Alcatel just branded EE. It's a nice little bit of kit, the battery life is great and so far has lasted me 9 hours with occasional use. The connection is stable and fast though I haven't been mobile whilst using it so can't comment in this respect.

My main gripe has to be the devices security hence the 3 stars. The wifi networks name is almost identical to the password and I can find no way to change this. Further to this you merely have to press a button on the side of the device to show what the password is. Not exactly safe in my opinion. The icing on the cake is the software that bundles with it. It's horrendous when plugged into a PC. Save yourself the hassle and just connect via Wifi. It's stable enough.

Such a shame about the security and software. As a developer in this day and age I find it hard to believe these huge oversights exist. There is no excuse!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 9 Sep 2014
Waste of money didn't work rang ee for help & it cost me £40 in phone charge.which I thought was very un-fair. As it still didn't work arter talking to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct 2014