5.0 out of 5 stars Yes Yes Yes. Instructions followed. Great signal @ 25m
This arrived about 40 minutes ago. I wanted it to increase the range of my existing Sky Wireless Router at home, to reach the office in the back of my garage. That's about 25m & through 4 x double brick walls, so a fair range with some significant obstacles.
Published 5 months ago by Dave B.

2.0 out of 5 stars Invisible
I believed this item could be useful to extend the range of my WiFi network.

Set up is as easy as advertised :
- Plug the booster in a wall socket where the signal of your WiFi router becomes weak (2 bars on my laptop near the socket I chose) ;
- On your Laptop, Browse available networks, and select "Belkin" ;
- Open your usual browser...
Published 9 months ago by One

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes Yes Yes. Instructions followed. Great signal @ 25m, 30 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Belkin N300 Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wireless Signal Booster (Easy Setup, WPS Function) - Wall Plug Mounted (Accessory)
I used the CD that came with it, plugged the booster into the wall socket closest to where the signal is half it's full strength & followed the instructions.
It didn't work the first try but on the second, it kicked in very smoothly indeed & I now have full & uninterrupted wireless signal in my office, for the first time.
Not satisfied with that, I gave it a bit of a test by loading Spotify & streaming music directly. No problems. To test it even further, I also loaded a video on YouTube as well & neither the video clip nor the Spotify track skipped or stuttered at all.
Based on that test, I would certainly recommend this product as it comes up to Belkin's usual high standards & for £23, well it'd be silly not to.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a handy poweful unit and highly recommended., 29 Dec. 2014
I was hesitating before ordering this Wi-Fi extender because of the diverse feedback. Finally I decided to buy one. It arrived a couple of days after I put the order. Unpacked, plugged into a socket, turned on my computer, after a simple initial set-up (no more than 5 minutes, it took me 2 minutes), then it started to work. At the first a few hour, the signal was not very strong but the signal became stable and strong afterwards. It works well now and does the job. Unlike before, we have Wi-Fi signal at every corner in my hourse now.

Note, it is not an 'open' Wi-Fi therefore it is definitely safe. You still need to input the password from your rooter to enable the connection.

This is a handy poweful unit and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute doddle to set up and use, 20 Oct. 2012
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had range extenders before now and none of them has been easy to set up the moment I tried to use encryption or to allow network resources to be seen across the whole extended network.

This Belkin is different.

To set up, just plug in and search for the Belkin network. Now connect to it. Now try to browse to any page and the Belkin set-up page appears. Apart from putting in the security code, I used the default for absolutely everything else and, guess what, it worked immediately.

I've tried in a few sockets around the house before I have found the best place and, with the exception of the room where my router is, the Belkin provides more bars than the original router. A good strong signal anywhere.

So for ease of set-up and performance, I can't give this anything other than the full 5 stars.

Highly recommended.

PS - One final tip. The default name for the new wireless access point is the same as your original SSID, but with "_xt" as a suffix. If you edit the SSID to the same as your original router SSID (this is an obvious option as part of the set-up), then your laptop, tablet, 'phone, etc. will always automatically connect to the stronger access point without you having to select manually. (If this paragraph means nothing to you, you can safely ignore and go with the defaults all the way through and it will still work great).

2.0 out of 5 stars Invisible, 15 July 2014
I believed this item could be useful to extend the range of my WiFi network.

Set up is as easy as advertised :
- On your Laptop, Browse available networks, and select "Belkin" ;
- Open your usual browser (you will be automatically redirected to the Belkin Configuration page) ;
- Enter your network PIN.
.. you get an activation confirmation : your booster is correctly set / connected / authorized.

(Funny : a final message invites you to install the device away from a wall... isn't that device designed to go IN wall sockets ? Aren't wall sockets supposed to be ON walls ?)

Then comes the disapointment :
- No extension on the range of my WiFi network : the point where I lose signal has not moved an inch.
- There is no way to determine if your laptop is connected to the router or the booster (in default mode)
- Impossible diagnostic : The led on the device is sometimes blue, sometimes orange, somtimes blinking, sometimes still, but you never know why.. and since no user manual is supplied, you are supposed to investigate the web by yourself !

Conclusion : as efficient as a night light in extending the range of your WiFi network, Light too dim in the dark, not much of a decoration improvement --> Back in the box.

Erwann on Amazon.co.uk
(Item received through the Amazon Vine program on Amazon.fr)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unpredictable range extender, 3 Jan. 2015
I bought this extender (model F9K1122v1) to replace a Netgear range extender which had worked adequately but was confined to 2.4gHz. It had been recommended by a Virgin Media technician.

The installation instructions were fairly easy to follow, and got easier each time I re-installed it. After apparently working satisfactorily for around half an hour (during which time it seemed to cope fairly well with previous dead spots), it stopped working. No matter whether it was situated in the same room as my Virgin Media modem, or elsewhere in the house, a steadily flashing amber light showed that it couldn't connect to the modem. A pleasant and patient call centre operator at the Belkin customer support centre tried for over an hour to solve the problem but was unable to do so. His conclusion was that the software was unstable and he advised me to return the extender.

At the time of writing, over one-quarter of Amazon reviews of this product are unfavourable. A 25+% failure rate for a product isn't acceptable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably not worth the hassle, 19 July 2014
Simple to set up, but ... returned to Amazon after only 3 days, as it seemed to make little or no difference to the range of our router and seemed to be the cause of constant dropping of the Wi-fi signal to my husband's laptop. When the signal was lost, it would immediately return once the range extender was unplugged, but we couldn't be doing with the hassle. Easy to return, but, like others, I would advise keeping the packaging until you've checked the operation of the item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much less fiddly than my previous setup, 18 Aug. 2014
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Prior to receiving this, I had a DIY setup of 2 routers, one upstairs linking directly (via a plug-in network adapter) into the main router downstairs, in order to get a decent signal in my house but it would still be a bit iffy particularly when the door to the room it is in was closed. I live in a large 4 bed victorian solid built place with solid walls and solid wooden doors, not cardboard and using my laptop upstairs was often a pain unless I used a plug-in access point but then could not move my laptop very far.

So I plugged this in on the landing and it was a doddle to setup. It has a setup page just like a router, put in my wifi password and it connected immediately to the network in my home. I am using a SKY router (Not sure of the brand) but it works just fine. The wifi signal strength upstairs is now comparable to that of downstairs so I would say that this little gadget is doing what it should. I am not looking for superfast bandwidth, merely just a signal strength that is decent and does not keep dropping off the wifi network and now I have it.

Quite neat looking too, not too chunky so looks no worse plugged in than one of those plug-in air fresheners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wi-fi Range Extender, 8 July 2013
C. Brooks (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
If you have a dead spot in your home then this is the tool to resolve it. Simple plug in the extender at the limit of your wifi signal, then search for the Belkin device on your computer and select it. You will see your network / wifi and again select it, then just follow the on line instructions and enter your network key. There you have it, dead spot no more. The only slight thing is that it was advertised with a 3 pin plug fused to the device but it came with a 2 pin plug. However an adapter was supplied so not too bad. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well. 2.4Ghz band only., 24 Aug. 2014
Pallus (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Much is made of the easy setup of this extender.
But the given instructions are still not AS straightforward as using the WPS button imo.

The WPS function adds such items to the network by SIMPLY pressing the WPS button on both devices to be linked within a minute or so of each other. One doesn't have to logon or browse or even have a computer/phone/tablet switched on for this to work!

So yes, setup is either simple or simpler; I just would have though the simpler (wps) option should be the default.

Although simple to install, one must access Advanced Settings to change the password or reset to factory settings.

This particular extender only works on the 2.4Ghz band so be sure your router and receivers use this band (some more modern ac routers/bridges only operate on 5Ghz). The 'works with all routers' claim on the box is therefore not 100% accurate.

There is no Ethernet port.

I am being somewhat nit-picky here though, and if the item suits your requirements then yes, it DOES extend wireless range very well. Although whether one could pickup the signal from outside in the garden, as suggested on the box illustration is another matter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good design but unreliable/unstable wifi coverage, 8 Feb. 2013
Hwasung Lee (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have set up this wifi extender at home to reach the outer most edges of the house. While the design looks great, it doesn't perform well.

I have tried:
(1) Pairing it up with Virgin Media Superhub.
(2) Pairing it up with Linksys Router.

I also used various devices to connect to it and tested it out. I have used
(1) Android phone
(2) Windows Phone 8
(3) BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
(4) HP laptop running Ubuntu/Windows 7
(5) MacBook Air running MacOS X
(6) Fujitsu laptop running Ubuntu/Windows 7

But the connection is patchy at the best. I have thoroughly tested this extender, and I would like to strongly discourage you from buying this product. (And yes, you guessed right I work in IT.)