5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with it
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

The unit is excellent, works better than expected and is very easy to use. The iOS application is also excellent and keeps track of data used (gives a nice countdown). Excellent value for money.

Published 2 months ago by Nicholas Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact 3G and WiFi router, 16 Nov. 2014
gorarch (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HUAWEI E5330 3G (Genuine UK Stock) SIM Free Mobile WiFi UK - White (21MB/s) (Electronics)
Works well with 3G - I had a good strong mobile signal in Spain. I was concerned as to when the SIM pin should be entered but the software deals with this on the initial start up of the unit. Icon indicators are OK but the battery icon goes from green to red with nothing in between to tell you it's running out. I think there is meant to be an amber warning but I never saw it. I would advise charging unit daily if using it. I was using this unit with an iPad. Enjoyed using the iPad in the open countryside to access websites but my main reason was to have Internet access in Spain using 3G - I used an Orange Spanish SIM card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with it, 19 Dec. 2014
Delighted with it; as a senior citizen I'm not that confident with all the modern internet gadgets but this was a piece of cake to install. My only criticism is the wifi key is on the inside of the unit and is so tiny I couldnt read it even with a magnifying glass. There was a letter l in it (twice) and I didnt know if they were lower case L, upper case i or number 1. Eventually found they were neither; one was a t and the other i! I have a '3' pre pay sim card but have also used it with a pay as you go. Also, I'm in Ireland and it works a treat here; its VERY rural with no broadband cover (crap telephone line) so delighted this works. I leave it plugged into the mains full time and have run 2 laptops, and ipad and a mini pad off it at the same time with no problem. Doesnt cover the whole house but does the adjacent rooms very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wi Fi wonder, 11 Feb. 2015
Tramps like us "Guitar bass and drums" (Surrey England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this as a way of getting internet access to my in-laws as they don't have broadband.
We're using giffgaff and it works very well indeed - a tad difficult to set up but there is a help page on the internet which proved very useful.
We get a "very strong" signal and everything seems to work well.
We only really latched on to this way of doing things after speaking to a friend who takes hers away on holiday with her and we thought that this would be a much more convenient way of doing things rather than relying on a hotel's often patchy broadband coverage as I am tired of hanging over the balcony defying death just to try to keep up with what's happening back in the UK ! Now that we've seen that it works well we intend to buy one for ourselves

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF eZee Trade. THESE UNITS ARE OPENED AND NOT FACTORY SEALED., 27 May 2015

I do have concerns about the origin of the unit from the seller eZee Trade - it has clearly been purchased locked to a network, opened, software updated to make it sim free, then reboxed and resold. I have come to this conclusion as the box has the telephone number and PIN of the sim it originally shipped with, and the second white label covering the damaged box-tamper label.

Why does this bother me? The unit would have been subsidised by the original carrier - hence the network lock. I suspect this seller is committing fraud by removing the lock and therefore profiting from the subsidy. If this is all above board, the seller should explain why the factory seals are broken when this is being sold as 'new'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good little piece of kit., 13 May 2015
Small light and neat. Got this rather then the more expensive 4g model which would be faster if you had 4g where you are taking this but all the places I go only have 3g so no point. The instructions with it are a bit basic but you can get the user guide online at huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=19661 . You'll need your glasses to read the SSID and key inside the lid but once you do it does not take much to set up. User name and password fields are case sensitive so beware if you change these (advisable). I changed these and the SSID and key in a couple of minutes, and I'm no tech wizard.Teamed with 3three 10gb monthly contract with no problem inserting the SIM and initiating a session. You may want to set your data cap within the E5330 options so that you don't inadvertently run over and get stung with extra charges. USB cable supplied is short so you may want to purchase a longer one along with a charger, the user manual says the AC power requirement is 5v 1amp.
Mobile phone reception where I live is generally poor so I was surprised to see 3 bars (my phone gets 1 if any) most of the time but it did drop out from time to time and when it does restarts the data usage count for the session, hardly surprising and not a real problem. In short good little piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 16 Jan. 2015
Works exactly as described. Bought to use with a local SIM card card in Cyprus and had no issues at all. Would definitely recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 27 Dec. 2014
So I was sick with my by broadband, I love in a rural area where my internet speeds are 2-3Mbps at best. I purchased this product put sim card in it and to my surprise I get now up to 10Mbps. That score is achieved by putting this modem near window. I can use it with my raspberry pi as well to serve me my movies to my kindle and tv. I'm happy to see that there is an dedicated app for controlling the device as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars slips easily into my pocket and is very light and compact ..., 24 Nov. 2014
Works flawlessly; WiFi and 3G connections come up in seconds, slips easily into my pocket and is very light and compact when out and about, nice to look at. Faults: none!

5.0 out of 5 stars Having purchased this excellent unit, I wanted it to be accessable throughout ..., 12 Dec. 2014
Having purchased this excellent unit, I wanted it to be accessable throughout the house.
It can be done, I used a TPLink WIFI Extender, using the simple "push button" to find and lock onto the Huawei, which was in the same room.
I then placed the extender, in the best place to cover the house, and pick up the wifi from the Huawei.
Simples!, I now have the Huawei in a place where I get the best signal, and we all can get great access and a great signal.
In fact there is a definite, imptovement in signal stability, and speed.
Bye bye BT, which was useless, the Huawei is faster, and great value, if you only need to browse the internet, send e- mails etc, I envisage with a cheap data sim, package, "wired", I.e BT lines will be reduntant, especially in outlying ares.
The cost £120, 1gb data sim £7.99p, a good package for a data sim card only £5, as more people move to 4g then the cost should fall.
Thanks Huawei, a great device.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great divice. I have a 3 network data sim ..., 7 April 2015
A great device. I have a 3 network data sim fitted (12gb for 12 months £70) and it works very well for my tablet, phone and laptop where there is no wi-fi. I have even mounted in my car on the in-car phone mount to be able to navigate with my tablet (no sim on tablet). It has a mini sim charger/acess socket which is the same as all my other devices so the same lead suits all.