5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with it
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars FISRT TRY INTERNET SHARING ON YOUR PHONE...
Published 7 days ago by mick

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with it, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: HUAWEI E5330 3G (Genuine UK Stock) SIM Free Mobile WiFi UK - White (21MB/s) (Electronics)
Delighted with it; as a senior citizen I'm not that confident with all the modern internet gadgets but this was a piece of cake to install. My only criticism is the wifi key is on the inside of the unit and is so tiny I couldnt read it even with a magnifying glass. There was a letter l in it (twice) and I didnt know if they were lower case L, upper case i or number 1. Eventually found they were neither; one was a t and the other i! I have a '3' pre pay sim card but have also used it with a pay as you go. Also, I'm in Ireland and it works a treat here; its VERY rural with no broadband cover (crap telephone line) so delighted this works. I leave it plugged into the mains full time and have run 2 laptops, and ipad and a mini pad off it at the same time with no problem. Doesnt cover the whole house but does the adjacent rooms very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars slips easily into my pocket and is very light and compact ..., 24 Nov. 2014
Works flawlessly; WiFi and 3G connections come up in seconds, slips easily into my pocket and is very light and compact when out and about, nice to look at. Faults: none!

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact 3G and WiFi router, 16 Nov. 2014
gorarch (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Works well with 3G - I had a good strong mobile signal in Spain. I was concerned as to when the SIM pin should be entered but the software deals with this on the initial start up of the unit. Icon indicators are OK but the battery icon goes from green to red with nothing in between to tell you it's running out. I think there is meant to be an amber warning but I never saw it. I would advise charging unit daily if using it. I was using this unit with an iPad. Enjoyed using the iPad in the open countryside to access websites but my main reason was to have Internet access in Spain using 3G - I used an Orange Spanish SIM card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Having purchased this excellent unit, I wanted it to be accessable throughout ..., 12 Dec. 2014
Having purchased this excellent unit, I wanted it to be accessable throughout the house.
It can be done, I used a TPLink WIFI Extender, using the simple "push button" to find and lock onto the Huawei, which was in the same room.
I then placed the extender, in the best place to cover the house, and pick up the wifi from the Huawei.
Simples!, I now have the Huawei in a place where I get the best signal, and we all can get great access and a great signal.
In fact there is a definite, imptovement in signal stability, and speed.
Bye bye BT, which was useless, the Huawei is faster, and great value, if you only need to browse the internet, send e- mails etc, I envisage with a cheap data sim, package, "wired", I.e BT lines will be reduntant, especially in outlying ares.
The cost £120, 1gb data sim £7.99p, a good package for a data sim card only £5, as more people move to 4g then the cost should fall.
Thanks Huawei, a great device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wi Fi wonder, 11 Feb. 2015
Tramps like us "Guitar bass and drums" (Surrey England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this as a way of getting internet access to my in-laws as they don't have broadband.
We're using giffgaff and it works very well indeed - a tad difficult to set up but there is a help page on the internet which proved very useful.
We get a "very strong" signal and everything seems to work well.
We only really latched on to this way of doing things after speaking to a friend who takes hers away on holiday with her and we thought that this would be a much more convenient way of doing things rather than relying on a hotel's often patchy broadband coverage as I am tired of hanging over the balcony defying death just to try to keep up with what's happening back in the UK ! Now that we've seen that it works well we intend to buy one for ourselves

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 27 Dec. 2014
So I was sick with my by broadband, I love in a rural area where my internet speeds are 2-3Mbps at best. I purchased this product put sim card in it and to my surprise I get now up to 10Mbps. That score is achieved by putting this modem near window. I can use it with my raspberry pi as well to serve me my movies to my kindle and tv. I'm happy to see that there is an dedicated app for controlling the device as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee hotspot, huawei E5330, 27 Aug. 2014
First class unit, fool proof, easy setup, using it with 10GB sim from three. Only thing no electric charger, so got to look for one, it does come with short USB cable to charge from laptop. The unit is small and thin, easy to carry about, love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in Japan., 23 Nov. 2014
Took this to Japan, bought a Fixed term data sim and had no problems with connection and usage for my iPhone and Laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 16 Jan. 2015
Works exactly as described. Bought to use with a local SIM card card in Cyprus and had no issues at all. Would definitely recommend this product

1.0 out of 5 stars FISRT TRY INTERNET SHARING ON YOUR PHONE..., 19 Mar. 2015
I couldnt get this to work on any of my devices after paying £30 for a top up card & data! What the EE shop Should have told me when enquiring about data cards, was, my Nokia phone has a setting that does all this device claims to do but without the outlay! I was simply advised by a friend to enter my settings, scoll down to Internet Sharing and turn on, search on wifi settings on your device to pair (say a Kindle) Then when it finds your phone, enter the password given on your phone below the phones id. Instantly connected! I am also told you can connect up to eight devices dependent on your phone. I don't as yet know the data cost difference but sure it's got to be cheaper and as, if not more so secure.