5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reviews!
Published 6 months ago by carlosnightman

Published 7 months ago by debbie8355

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely house but MUCH TOO LOUD with horrendous stereotypical cockney accents and over enunciation IN all the wrong places., 23 Aug. 2014
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a larger set than I was expecting as I also have the similar fantastic Leapfrog light and sound farm which is about half the footprint so first impressions were very, very good. The light on/ light off switch is a real winner with these sets as anyone with a baby will know when they get you to hold them up to real light switches for half and hour when they discover the novelty.

It's suited to older toddlers in my opinion so you'll get a lot of use in the 9 month to 36 month age range. The door is big enough to fit in Happyland style small world people in sideways, vertical with loads of room to spare.

The production quality is A1 and the design is brilliant. It looks more impressive than the photo and would make a toddlers main birthday/ Christmas present.

Why not 4/5 stars and I was possibly giving less? The lovely lady giving the phrases and songs, alphabet etc sounds like a supercharged, chirpy cbeebies presenter on an extremely loud happy day. The sound rivals that of the horrendously loud Peppa Pig rocket I used to hide at the bottom of the toy box. If you are a slightly sleep deprived parent, and face it who isn't, this toy likely to give you a major headache.

In road testing I can only have it on for 10 seconds at a time even on the lower of the 2 sound settings before I consider nurofen.

Recommended if chirpy over enunciation in all the wrong places a la Al Pacino, fake cockney accents thrown in and extremely loud toys are your thing. Luckily some of the phrases do deliberately fade out in sound but someone has been over enthusiastic in the sound and backing music department. You would never have the tv on this loud for a toddler so why so ear splitting and off the scale chirpy? Think Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins crossed with the chirpiest female on the planet with a lovely clear voice which is louder than my alarm clock on highest setting.

I like the ball spinner with the delicate rattle on the roof and the dog rattle and frog are large and easy for toddlers to grasp and hold. The roof opens as well as the door but the carry handle is a bit redundant for toddlers on so large a house. It's not as portable as similar sets.

Buy the leapfrog farm if you have an under 2. I am going to take the batteries out and have a lie down and some nurofen now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reviews!, 31 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't expecting much from this set, but it is an action packed toy. My eldest daughter already knows the Fisher Price Puppy (does it have a name?) from various adverts while watching Milkshake on Channel 5, and she has a Puppy doll toy which plays various songs, flashes etc. This toy however is aimed at a younger audience, so my youngest daughter was keen to get stuck into this when I took it out of the box. Both girls have enjoyed poking it at, but the youngest, as expected, gets the most fun out of it. She enjoys putting the frog and the dog through the front door, and then getting some of her other toy figures in a queue up to the house, while the eldest arranges her other toy houses and castles in the vicinity for a big town feel.
Being Fisher-Price, the toy is always going to be well made and educational. It has already taken a few minor bumps, and if anyone is getting too rough, the handy handle on top means Mummy and Daddy can rescue it without fuss. It has many buttons and features such as doors which sing songs, buttons which teach counting, and spinning devices which whirr and squeal. It is bigger than I expected, given the price, and it is possible to fit quite a few other figures inside. Compared with some of the other highly over-priced castle and house toys on offer which might be much larger, this has many more features, and a lot more love and attention has gone into the design, with fun learning as the priority.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Little Hands, 22 Aug. 2014
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely little activity house and everything appears to be a perfect size for little fingers. My baby has loved sitting there playing with this today and especially the rollerball sun/moon on the top of the house but equally my toddler son has also enjoyed playing with it today also and there has been a few moments (well more than a few) when I have had to remind him that he is a big boy and that the toy is meant for his little sister and that they need to share. All has fell on deaf ears of course as the light switch function especially has him addicted to switching it on and off. The box advises 9 to 36 months and whilst my baby falls just outside the minimum recommended age she has been more than able to play with most of the functions on it and as there aren't any small parts I would say this toy is probably suitable from around 6 months. My toddler son is within the recommended age limits and he has enjoyed playing with this too and the ABC and 123 songs etc actually make sense to him and he has been trying to count and sing along with the songs.

The house itself is pleasantly quite big and measures approx 27cmLx25cmH(incl handle)x17cmD and comes with a little Puppy and Froggy toy who rattle when you shake them. The house has three settings via a switch on the front of the roof (Learning (ABC), Music and Sound Effects) and a volume and off switch on the underside which has two volume settings.
There is a purple flower on the side of the house which appears to be the only thing on the house other than the carry handle that doesn't actually do anything particularly special as it literally just spins when batted.
The Sun and Moon roller ball on the top of the house spins very easily and rattles when spun and as mentioned above my baby daughter has had great fun rolling this today when she was playing with it.
There is a switch for the light that turns the light on and off and depending what mode you are in either sings a little song about how the light switches on and off and goes up and down or does an ascending and descending harp sound or does a light switch clicking noise like at home.
There is a roller ball with a butterfly, ladybird, cricket, bee, flowers and birds on it and again depending on the mode either sings a song about butterflys etc or does a song about animals sounds such as buzz buzz and ribbit ribbit etc or finally does a kazoo or rattle noise when spun.
The door does quite a few things when opened and closed (again depending which mode) such as sings the ABC song, a song about friends coming over to play, does door creaking and slamming noises and says open and close or hello and goodbye etc.
The window slides up and down (again depending which mode) and does kazoo noises and says up and down, uh oh where did you go, peekaboo I see you monkey, sings a song about opening the window, does window opening and closing noises etc.
The button above the door (again depending which mode) sings a number song, sings a song about someone being at the door, several country farmyardy (sorry have no idea best way to describe music) type short tunes or a doorbell noise when pressed.
There is a side circular window and also a gap at the back for putting things into the house or the actual roof at the back also lifts up. A nice little carry handle finishes the set off so that your little one can put the dog and frog in and take them along with them.
This is a lovely little set and as usual from Fisher Price of very sturdy construction and packed with lots of bright stimulating colours and activities. A lovely little toy for I would say 6 months plus and packed with learning fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 27 Aug. 2014
Aremess "AremessUK" (Littlehampton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On opening the packaging (excellent from Amazon as usual), I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the 'home', the picture doesn't do it justice. Oh, at last, wording that I can understand from the vocals rather than a mid-american 'twang' and, whilst acknowledging one reviewer saying the enunciation can be irritating, surely a child needs to hear clearly in order to speak clearly as they develop. I loved the light switch, the easy-for-little-hands-to-open front door and the roller-ball which has great sound effects. I also found that the 'little-one' also loved the door bell and almost drove us to distraction by repeatedly pressing it.

The roof opens and baby quickly found the easy way to get the supplied puppy and frog in and out of the home without using the front door.

Despite the advertising, the item does come with batteries fitted

Llke other reviewers, I think the claimed 9 month + age group is perfect and can see baby getting hours of fun over many months of use from this.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and has longevity, 23 Aug. 2014
Sarah Durston (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought a Leapfrog house which was very similar to this item although slightly smaller in size and I have to say that I prefer this one. It has a good range of educational functions, lights that go on and off, sounds which stimulate, and switches that improve hand/eye co-ordination. The house also comes with two small figures (my daughter was particularly taken with the dog which was a good hand size and wouldn’t be damaged by chewing.)

The toy also has some longevity as it teaches alphabet and skills for slightly older toddlers.

All in all, it’s good value for money and I can see it being a staple amongst my kid’s toys for a few years. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full on fun activity game, 29 Sept. 2014
L. mckay "brookes_bargain_books" (scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Full on fun activity game. I have seen previous incarnations of this game and had them for my kids - now the grandchildren have started arriving I found this set has been improved and still gives hours of fun.

Recommended for 9 - 36 months - my grandson is 8 months old and loves this already.

There are over 40 learning activities - using music and imagination to stimulate little one's learning through play.

The little puppy and froggy will become firm playmates quickly.

A little additional helpful handful has been added which makes this activity set great for taking with you - -when you are off out and about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy to play, 20 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beautiful, colourful, interactive. We have the clap and play puppy and this fits neatly with that. Our son has the big puppy next to him and this playset on the floor while he gleefully bashes the door open and shut and flip the window blind. There is a large age range on this, I do believe he will get much pleasure out of it for years to come and as well as other sets with the puppy/fisher price laugh and play design coming out it will build into a nice little collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Toy!, 19 Oct. 2014
Brittany L. Walker "SuperMOM" (Pensacola,Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Puppy's Activity Home Set (Toy)
I received this for my one year old daughter and she loved it. I ended up buying one for my niece when she turned one and now I'm buying one for my other niece this Christmas. The house has a lot of cute songs. It also teaches simple things like on and off. I'm surprised how durable it is because my daughter has dropped/thrown it many times and we have tile. Anyways I really love this toy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Home sweet home, 3 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A colourful musical interactive toy with buttons, roller ball, toggles but really well made and robust. You can about letters, greetings, weather and opposites. It also includes 40+ sing-along learning songs, tunes and phrases. Puppy and Froggy are also included and everything is neatly stored with the house. The sounds are a bit on the loud sound, but a sure winner already in my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab toy, 27 Aug. 2014
J. Leckie "jayne2904" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great toy. It's a good size - quite big but good for little hands.
It has lights that go on and off, lots of different sounds and good switches to play with. This satisfies my curious baby well!
My three year old is also interested in this and has played with it too.
I can see this toy lasting sometime!

Fisher-Price Puppy's Activity Home Set