5.0 out of 5 stars Service received was excellent
It is actually a birthday gift but I know it will go down well. Service received was excellent
Published 2 months ago by Janet

Published 1 month ago by trfcfan

3.0 out of 5 stars having played and coached to a good standard. However I was a bit disappointed with ..., 23 July 2014
As an avid tennis fan and owner of well over 100 books on the subject I awaited this book with interest. Mr Speaker writes well and obviously knows the game, having played and coached to a good standard. However I was a bit disappointed with this book. The essays on each player include much which has been taken from previously published biographies, many of which I have read. The author is at his best when he analyses the playing styles of his subjects and is more effective in this when he has actually seen them play live.

The best part of the book is the final chapter in which Bercow argues his case for his personal ranking of the 20 players featured. Even if like me you don't agree with his conclusions, the exercise is always an interesting one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Service received was excellent, 20 July 2014