Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.08

on 4 June 2014
4.5 stars!!

Well damn! What can I say about this book?
Its hot hot hot!!!! I loved it! If you are looking for a hot read then this is the one you want. Slade is a very alpha, very sexy and very...experienced male stripper and let me tell you I want to meet this man!! Yes I enjoyed the book mainly for him but there was an amazing story to back it up! He is leading a life that everyone thinks is wrong for him but he doesn't care...that is until he meets Aspen and his world crashes down around him.
I don't want to give to much away about this story so I will just let you know how it made me feel. It made me horny! Damn the man is so good his powers worked from the pages of this book...I don't know how Aspen held out! It would have been a much shorter story if I had been involved! ;)
But the extremely hot man aside this book was fantastic! It was well written and the chemistry between the characters exploded from the pages! This is the first book in the series and I am now stalking the author hoping to annoy her into releasing the other parts NOW!!!!!
You all need to read this book!! <3
on 2 June 2014
Slade is wonderfully wicked. He's a dirty mouthed self proclaimed sex addict. Hot stripper who works in the Walk of Shame bar. But all that changes when he meets Aspen a woman he should avoid at all costs but can't help feel drawn to. Slade and Aspen practically combust when together, but secrets lie between them that if released can change everything.

This book is so brilliant and filled with hidden depths. I adored it and can't wait to read the next two books in the Walk of Shame series. Each book can be read as a standalone as they are about different characters from the Walk of Shame bar. But Slade is a mouthwatering divinely exciting and tantalising read.
on 2 June 2014
OMFG my ovaries have exploded and I am 100% in love with Slade and Aspen.

In all truth this is nothing new in the sexy, alpha male meets quieter, stunningly pretty female. But this is absolutely 100% not at all generic. This story packs such a wallop on the steam scale whilst losing none of the identities of the characters to being sleaze buckets. Slade is massively a damn excellent erotic read that is scorching hot and downright dirty. The supporting roles are also excellently portrayed.

Yeah Slade swears like a trooper, *rhymes with bucks* like an animal, flirts and gets laid daily, strips for a living and tends bar, moves like Jagger and of course has baggage to boot. But the way Victoria has written him is bloody excellent. Exploding knickers excellent.

Aspen walks in and instantly falls just like everyone else under his spell and it pisses her off big time. She tries to fight off the attraction but Slade will not let up until he gets what he wants. The only trouble is they both have rules and both struggle to keep their rules intact. Aspen also has baggage and I have to say I want to string Jay up by his balls!

Victoria was a new author to me, I am after this though, now a massive fan. This smutastic read was an excellent welcome distraction. One to feel saucy with and one to drool massively over. Victoria Ashley is well and truly on my radar on the strength of Slade.

I received a copy of Slade in return for an honest review. (And I have to say the copy I read was really rubbishly formatted but the deliverance of the prose and the story and the sexiness literally made the crap formatting easier to get past and it still left me feeling what a great erotic romance read this is! - That in itself says a lot). My reviews are my own and are 100% honest. I honestly recommend all erotic romance lovers to read Slade and I am certain they will be glad they did!
WOW are you in for a ride when you start reading this!

Its been a while since I've read a smoking hot book with a rampant sexual overture that takes you right into the heart of raw sex!

I can't give too much away, but SLADE is one of the main characters, he uses sex to escape his hurtful past. He has a rule though. Sex once, you never get it from him again! And he is the stud man, I really mean, he and the women around him just swoon, they drop their panties willingly.

But then comes a girl into his life like never before. Things are about to change, for the good? or for the worse? you will have to read and see, I'm not telling you! This is book 1......anything can happen
on 2 June 2014
OMG! I just loved this book esspecially Slade. Damn he's not only hot & sex on legs, but just happens to have secrets of a past life that explains a lot about the way he chooses to live this carefree, ruthless lifestyle. Be prepared to be turned on &then without warning have you sobbing your heart out.
on 8 June 2014
4 Stars
This was a very quick read but it certainly packed a punch. Slade is a self-confessed sex-addict, he works as a stripper in the Walk Of Shame strip club. He continuously takes home women for one night stands but he never sleeps with the same girl twice. He has a dark past and uses sex and alcohol to block out the pain he feels, in the beginning he comes across as a bit of an arrogant douchebag, but when he lets his other softer side show, no girl could turn him down.
Aspen has come back to her home town to stay with her friend Cale for a short while, Cale also happens to be Slade's room-mate. And so the chase begins...
This is a novella that I believe will be a part of a series of novellas, I think if the book was longer I would have enjoyed it more. For me the short span of time that the book progresses through makes for a hard to believe romance story. But with novellas it is difficult to create a build-up in the relationship with characters, given the short time period I think the author did well within the confines of a novella.
For me, this book would definitely have attained that last star to bump it up to a five star rating had it been a full,length novel; just call me greedy. I was so intrigued by Slade's character, I would have loved it if his background was explored more. The book definitely delivers in terms hotness, the sex is intense and explosive! So if you're looking for a quick read, with scorching sex scenes and great characters you should definitely give this book a go.
on 8 June 2014
My this girl knows how to write a steamy, just totally additive book.. Had me hooked from the first chapter.
Slade is such a manwhore but despite this you can't help but love him and Aspen gives as good as she gets.
Great start to this series and can't wait for book 2
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 8 June 2014
The lead male Slade is a damaged and tortured man who uses sex with random women to blunt his pain. He's a stripper at a club called The Walk of Shame. He lives with his best friend Cale who is also a stripper at the same club. When Aspen a long time friend of Cale comes to stay, she's attracted to Slade. But he has a rule he only ever has sex with a women once. Aspen is determined to resist Slade, she has no intention of being another one night stand in the very long list.

I quite liked the characters in this story, but it was rather difficult to feel a deeper connection between them other than lust. There's plenty of sex in this, and Slade certainly likes to talk dirty. I didn't quite get how Aspen found it hot watching other women paw at Slade, but then this isn't a traditional romance. But if your looking for a hot read with plenty of sexual content and not much in the way of a plot this fits the bill.
on 5 June 2014
Oh My Word.....what can I say? Hot Damn!!

This was dirty, dirty good, dirty bad and thoroughly enjoyable. I wasn't expecting much, thought I was going to get pages upon pages of smut but it was not that at all. There's a really good story in here along with some smoking hot action. I loved the scene in the rain, and it's certainly true that there is a thin line between love and hate. Slade had my panties in all kinds of twists I have to say...but my heart broke a bit for both him and Aspen, good solid characters. Neither of them looking for what they eventually found, quite content to live their lives as they were doing until they collided with each other.
I'm looking forward to reading about Hemy but I hope there is a substantial story there too....this might be hard to top! Fab...recommend it highly.
5/5 for me :)
on 4 June 2014
Omg , if you love hot sex scenes , male strippers with a body to die for and a real good story line then this is the book for you . I have spoken to many people who have read this book and we've all come to the same conclusion : hot and steamy , orgasm's that can blow your mind but the best of all ; the story . Once you open that first page you are in trouble of neglecting the outside world . Your heat beat races because you get turned on over some serious pantie wetting sex that your jealous over ( don't ask me how you get turned on by this , you just do !) , you read with a lump in your throat and a knot in you stomach .

Victoria Ashley has certainly got a way with words and I am and will be a massive fan forever .
Oh , and by the way , it's not going to be long before I read it again