5.0 out of 5 stars Wow
Published 2 months ago by skye duke

3.0 out of 5 stars Taking a turn I'm not keen on
A solid 3* here and well worth the buy. I like the writing style of the book and happily sat down and read it. I did however find that it lacked intrigue and a good a good storyline compared to the others. A lot now rides on the next book to determine if I continue with the series.
Published 2 months ago by Sarah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Push and Shove: The Ghost Bird Series: #6 (The Academy) (Kindle Edition)
Ok so first thing I want to say is why does the author torture us with a preview of the next book when it is clearly not out yet??? Best book ever. Well alongside the other books in the series. The plot so different to any of the other books in the series. What i love about this series how each book has the same characters but really different plots! And they each get better and better. I love reading about how Sangs relationships are growing between the boys. I love how Dr Green and Mr Blackbourne were in it a lot more. I love everything to do with this book and I will be looking up when the next one is coming out! I defiantly recommend reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Push and Shove, 24 Jun 2014
By: C L Stone
Series: The Academy Ghost Bird Series #6
Pages: 481
Genre: YA and Contemporary
Rating: 4.5/5
Blurb: Sang Sorenson struggles with her growing feelings when the Academy boys take her in and draw her closer into their world. They work together to uncover the true secrets happening at Ashley Waters High School, where Principal Hendricks will stop at nothing to take them all down.

Adding to their complications, Nathan’s father shows up, and he’s just as ruthless and violent as ever, beating up on Nathan. Sang offers Nathan refuge in her home, but Marie is fed up with the boys. She wants them out--all of them—and wants them to take Sang with them. Where will Sang go? What will happen to Nathan? And what about Mr. Hendrick’s spies, watching all of them?

Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North will have to focus to get out of this mess, but with Sang assisting them, they’re struggling to keep control. They all promised not to make a move on Sang unless she initiates, but the tension is driving them all to distraction. With the help of Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne, they will have to stay strong and engaged. But A first kiss is imminent, and will cost them all more than they could ever have imagined.

My Review:

" At first glance, you probably knew you wouldn't want to mess with him. But Silas was all heart. A big Greek one. - Sang "

This book was brilliant...apart for the ending. (no that wasn't a spoiler, that was just an honest opinion.) Push And Shove is a book that focuses more on Sang's life with the boys than anything else. Which I have to admit can get pretty explosive when Sang is left alone with one of the boys too long. *Wink Wink*

Other than Sang''s personal life with the guys we get a real gimps into the twisted life that is Jade. Her character really did develop by the end and I know I'm a baby but she really did end up scaring me. She is one desperate lady.

Rocky and Jay are also back, a drug scandal is also going around the school. And as always rumors are spread about Sang. Hendricks is also becoming more suspicious of the Academy guys.

So all is normal in a life with the Academy boys. Will is also back and if any of you have read Thief than you must be wondering what he is doing. But he's cute and it's pretty obvious he likes Sang. I just wanna hug him because he's so cute.

However the end I think it almost destroyed me. I am very disappointed in you and you know which one I'm talking about boys, how could you put Sang in that position? Huh? You were even told by your brother not too tell her anything! But noooooo you go tell her anyways. I'm so disappointed.

And if you are guessing who I was having a rant out you'll have to read the book! ;)

Sang always in trouble is also in trouble in this one with two people. And Mr Griffin, Nathans dad is back but you'll have to read the book to fin out more. (I feel so evil today.)

So the main reason why it didn't get that extra half a star was because I felt that the ending might have ruined Sang's relationships with the boys. I hope everything turns out okay in the next book. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE AUTUMN!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 23 Jun 2014
Love these books so much. Was really glad sang finally got her first kiss and I was happy with who it wad. Can't wait for the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great series, 23 Jun 2014
another well thought out and well written book in this series. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the books so far and look forward to the next one in this series. I have also started the new Scarab Beetle series which is also excellent.

Well worth reading but you need to read these in order to make sense of the storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my gosh, 19 Jun 2014
Yet another brilliant academy book! The series just keeps getting better and better! I totally recommend it for you to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Jun 2014
Another amazing book, I just love this series. Boo Nathan, yay Dr. Green. Hurry up with the next book, I can't wait........

5.0 out of 5 stars just gets better, 19 Jun 2014
These books can't come quick enough for me, i love sang and all the boys, especially North and Mr Blackbourne but oh boy Dr Green really surprised me, in a good way. I can't wait for the next installment as it left me shouting NO at my kindle, once again a fabulous book that i would recommend to all to read, you won't be disappointed, and please can we have the next one soon Y~Y~

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Series!, 18 Jun 2014
I really love these books and cannot get enough of this series. As usual I read it far too quickly and now have to wait months for the next one :( Always worth the wait though :) I love the characters especially Mr. Blackbourne, Kota and Dr. Green and am hoping we get to see more and more of them as the books go on. By far my favourite series of books, keep them coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars pushed and shoved, 9 Jun 2014
amazing as usually can't get enough of this series. i may be the only one who loves the long waits between the books it leaves me excitedly dying for more!! just love sang and the boys and ahhh! finally she....? i won't say it will spoil it. definitely recommend this series won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing book!, 9 Jun 2014
Wow this is another excellent book from C.L. Stone! It is the perfect follow on from the previous book and I'm glad that Sang has become more brave around the boys! I especially liked how Dr.Green and Mr. Blackbourne were included more in this book and I love how Sang interacts with them! Can't wait for th next one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›