4.0 out of 5 stars Full Metal Beach
I loved the novel All You Need is Kill so I thought I'd try this out, and I got to admit, I loved it as well. It's how I imagined the novel to look like. The art is beautiful, and I especially love the Jacket's design. The story follows the book, with slight differences, but I won't go into it too much so as not to spoil it.

It's basically about a soldier who...
Published 8 months ago by Curt G

3.0 out of 5 stars Book review
Have not yet read the book
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Full Metal Beach, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: All You Need is Kill, Vol. 1 (All You Need is Kill (manga)) (Kindle Edition)

It's basically about a soldier who gets stuck in a time loop after dying during battle, where the same couple of days repeat themselves over, and over again, starting with him waking up in bed with his thumb in a book, and ending with him dead, then repeat.

As a rule, I rarely give out 5 stars, so I gave this 4 stars, the same rating I gave the novel. I recommend this to fans of the film, Edge of Tomorrow, Looper, the novel All You Need is Kill, and manga fans. Can't wait to read book 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 11 Feb. 2015
Wow. This is fantastic. I haven't seen the movie nor did I pay any attention to what it was about so I was totally surprised with the plot here. A fabulous story. It has a bit of a Neon Genesis vibe to it and of course Takeshi Obata's art is incredible. The "Groundhog Day" plot isn't new but with the twist of a soldier training for battle it sure becomes a completely different experience. This is rated T+ for its incredible violence which is completely necessary since death is a major theme of the plot. The book is action-packed from start to finish and ends with a shocking twist. Thank goodness I already have Vol. 2 lined-up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great graphic novel to read after watching the movie!, 27 Jun. 2014
Bought this for kindle after watching Edge of Tomorrow. Had read up about the film and was surprised to find it was based on a Manga. Down-loaded it and read it in one go. It is a little short but there's a second part. Going to get that now.

More great movie adaptations should be based on Japanese Manga!

5.0 out of 5 stars the attitude of the book feels so right, 25 Oct. 2014
There is not a bit I didn't dislike

And who I would recommend it to is enyone over the age of 18

Better than the film by a long way 5 star

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 15 Dec. 2014
It really good but quite short the drawings are great and the story is addictive great for any anime lover or people that enjoyed live die repeat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Jan. 2015
Enjoyed it terrifically

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this now!, 23 Jun. 2014
I read the novel a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Earlier this year found out it was going to come out as a movie and was pretty excited....until I saw the actual trailer and was like "what?" This manga is everything that should've been done with the movie, you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 2 Sept. 2014