5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
I was enthralled from start to finish. My only regret was that the book ended far too soon for me. I wish it had been longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars she does it again!, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
Kathryn's books are amazing! I've waited what seems like forever to read the sequel and I was not left disappointed! Fantastic read xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sequel, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic sequel I loved it! Really wasn't expecting parts of it, kept me in suspense. There's everything in there - romance, drama, the supernatural. A must read, especially if you have read 'Discovery At Rosehill'. I'm sure there's more to glean from RoseHill Kathryn!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful read! - (Reviewed for Romance Reviews Magazine Mainstream Reads)., 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
Having enjoyed ‘Mystery at Rosehill’ I was thrilled to receive a review copy of ‘Secrets at Rosehill’, and I’ve again enjoyed time spent with Camilla and Marcus. In the first novel the machinations of a blossoming romance between the hero and heroine was tentative at best, because, not only did Camilla entertain spiritual visitations from the nether world in her role as a psychic medium, one or two tested Marcus’ faith to extremes in his role as the resident vicar to a rural parish. The base line being, could too such opposites come together in united harmony?

In this, the second book (four years later), marital bliss between Camilla and Marcus seems as idyllic as does ‘Rosehill’, the house which Camilla loves as much as she loves old dark furniture and antiques. But it is the ‘others’ whom dwell within the walls of Rosehill, not least the reappearance of familiar ghostly apparitions and favoured characters from book 1, that all in all, make for a delightful follow-up read.

I rather liked the way a diary penned in the 1800s reveals much about the history of the house and captures Camilla’s attention. Whilst the diary owner’s favourite room is not as empty as one might imagine, much of what happens within his private place seems quite logical. Nonetheless, contented reality can all too easily be blighted by real-time secrets. Thus, two chance encounters, two small fibs, and mixed emotions unexpectedly come full circle for both Camilla and Marcus. At this point in time, one begins to wonder can the once happy couple survive a looming crisis? And believe it, when I say, the author takes a great leap of psychic faith with the end sequence, because it’s not only touching in its finality it reminds us to hold onto the now, whilst knowing the past is always at our elbow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
I was so excited when I heard Kathryn Brown was bringing out a sequel to Discovery at Rosehill, which I loved. Secrets at Rosehill is equally as great. It absorbs the reader as it twists and turns with events and happenings. You can never guess the end. A wonderful read. If you loved Discovery at Rosehill you will love the sequel too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
This sequel to Discovery at Rosehill (also highly recommended) is definitely not 'chick lit' where you can guess the end on page 10. It is incredibly well written and there are various different aspects to the story. You think you know what's going to happen but, trust me, you don't. The spirit/medium side adds more interest to the actual plot itself and is so well written and believable that you could be forgiven for thinking the author has first hand experience of this. Your bath will get cold, your housework will be left undone and your family will go unfed whilst you turn the pages. Another great read from Kathryn Brown and I can't wait to read her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining read, 9 Jun 2014
Kim The Book Worm (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
It's been a while since I read Kathryn Brown's first book Discovery At Rosehill. It completely blew me away! When I knew that Secrets at Rosehill had been written, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy.

I was not disappointed in any way at all. I fell back into the story immediately and became totally immersed in this amazing house which holds so many secrets. It was exciting to read, it was gripping and it was incredibly enjoyable. I really wasn't quite sure what was going to happen. Camilla is such an interesting character and I love the way that she communicates with the spirit world and uses her gift to help others.

Kathryn is a very gifted writer I feel and the pages turn themselves quite easily, with descriptions of places and the character's emotions making you feel part of the book. A thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable read!

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
I sat down in the sunshine today to read this and found that I couldn't put it down! I wasn't sure what to expect as I have "known" the author Kathryn Brown through blogging for a few years now. I hoped I would like it, but was nervous that I wouldn't.
I needn't have worried. From the minute I started reading there was a reason to turn each page.Kathryn writes very well and from the start I was fascinated to read of the world of Rosehill, a beautiful manor house inhabited by its owner Camilla, a psychic medium, and her husband Marcus, as well as a host of spirits from the "other side".
The mediumistic aspect of the story added a very interesting and compelling dimension.It is written in a way that is completely without sensation or fear mongering. Instead the reader is given the impression that the spirit world is a parallel plane of existence, occupied for the most part by friendly spirits. Camilla's gift, of being able to see and speak to those spirits, helps her to understand the world of the living.
The author manages to let the reader know what has happened in the story prior to the events told here without it seeming forced and I found myself deciding to read Kathryn's previous books too.The story is quite simple and straightforward, involving the relationship between Camilla and her husband Marcus,when faced with the possibility of Marcus having a long lost secret. I think the thing that makes this such an enjoyable read is that the characters are so well written. I believed in them totally and could imagine myself sitting in the Rosehill kitchen drinking wine with Camilla. Its the little touches, the descriptions of rooms, meals, gestures that make this so believable. Her characters are not perfect, but flawed and very real in the way they live their lives. I found myself believing in them and caring what happened to them. I don't know if Kathryn bases her writing on real people, but it certainly feels that way.
Kathryn manages to make the world of Rosehill, complete with its spirits, seem so real. She makes story writing look easy and we all know its not!
I wouldn't usually choose a book that involved the world of spirits as that kind of area, although fascinating has always frightened me a little. This book made it seem normal and actually just another part of "life".I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading more of Kathryn Brown.I give this 8/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Although I really enjoyed the previous book, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Secrets at Rosehill (Kindle Edition)
Although I really enjoyed the previous book, "Discovery at Rosehill", this one has some darker tales and thoroughly fascinating characters from this world and the next! There are twists and turns, tragedy and romance, leaving me unsure what was going to happen next. It is not clear whether relationships will survive the tangled secrets that are to be discovered in this follow up of Rosehill's intriguing story. Kathryn's descriptions of the Scottish Borders and the historic manorhouse leave it easy to picture.The intertwining of past and present residents' lives and the relevance of the past to the present makes for some fascinating reading! I was sad when it came to an end though am hoping for another "Rosehill" book in the future as I would love to find out what happens next!

Secrets at Rosehill