5.0 out of 5 stars D-Day 70
Much still left to read, watch and listen. But it brings back memories of my father. These people and events must never be forgotten.
Published 6 months ago by Mr. Martin Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars useless
Published 6 months ago by Skippy

1.0 out of 5 stars useless, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
The word useless refers to both the BBB interactive book and to Amazon's star rating system. To enable the submission of a comment one has to give it a star rating, in this case I had to use one star, otherwise the option to comment is not made available. In this instance I downloaded the DDay BBC interactive book. It requires a negative grade. It did not work at all. It froze up my Kindle completely. It had to be uninstalled. I do not know where the fault lies, is it with the BbC or is it with Amazon for offering content that does not work on their devices, even though it is held out as being compliant with the Kindle. Whichever organisation the fault lies with it has left a lot of customers extremely disappointed. Having to give one star just to respond, I have to say, is just not right. Amazon should consider making an adjustment to their star system of rating to cover such eventualities. Other people have the same views on this issue

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disgrace, 7 Jun 2014
Jurgen Mitchell "jm" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
This is a complete disgrace to the memory of those that did not return, the BBC say we should not forget, well they cannot even get a program working correctly which is suppose to shows some of what happened on D-Day 70 years ago. The BBC needs to put this right so that we can see what happened on that day.

GET IT SORTED BBC !!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to download, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
I am a teacher, and on finding this thought it would be perfect to use with my children on D-Day. I had the kindle app for PCs already downloaded on my interactive white board computer, but was very disappointed to find that there did not seem to be a way to download this, other than onto an Android device. What a shame!

1.0 out of 5 stars Only available to a select few, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
The bbc site said get it from amazon for kindle. I have the basic kindle e-reader but there was no option for me to download it to that or any kindle. Nor will it work on my Galaxy S2 android phone or the cheap tablet that we own.

Very disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of time, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
Having downloaded this twice after very long download speed I still cannot get past the help screen, if it is not going to work on a Kindle Fire why call it a Kindle Fire edition? Now contemplating throwing tablet in bin as this is one of many faults.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor service on this item, 7 Jun 2014
Mrs. V. J. Low (Finchingfield, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
After several attempts to download I gave up. Why aren't we given a reason for not being able to download. Come on please help us, we want to read this ebook but can't, and judging by other reviews I am not alone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
Desperately tried to download this item, tried everything and nothing worked. Even tried placing it in my wish list to see if I could get it from there. Nothing doing. Very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't run, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
Please fix this, since it only shows the help screen and nothing else. I see one other person has found this as well on their Kindle Fire.
It does say it is for the Kindle Fire. Perhaps Amazon should test their apps before they put them here to be downloaded. It took almost an hour to download as well. I had high hopes.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont dowmload, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
I wish i could give no stars. Would not open on my kindle it only showed the help page. Lots of people have had the same problem my advice dont bother

1.0 out of 5 stars app won't work, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC D-Day's Last Heroes (App)
ridiculous situation to be in. Need app to read book. Downloaded App. App won't find the book therefore I can't read it. . very very poor show Amazon.

BBC D-Day's Last Heroes