5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on the GAIL's cookbook
A fantastic cookbook with new, fresh and appetising recipes. I will be trying my hand at some baking and trying to replicate the most amazing sausage rolls in the world! A must for all budding chefs out there.
Published 1 month ago by Kevin Norman

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived amidst much excitement but failed to deliver
Published 1 month ago by funrun

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived amidst much excitement but failed to deliver, 16 Jun 2014
I very much enjoy the food from Gail's and was looking forward to reproducing it at home (or at least trying to). The one recipe I wanted was not included, despite photographs of the chocolate brownies with white chocolate appearing in two photographs in the book. I've tried to make the sourdough twice, but on both occasions it looked and felt like a very heavy pitta doorstop. Great flavour but too much water. I'm going back to the usual recipes by Thomas Keller and Paul Hollywood, which work brilliantly every time. This book is destined to sit, unloved, at he back of my cupboard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mayonnaise recipe doesn't work, 3 July 2014
Whilst the recipes in this book all look great, they also more often than not look like they could be quite labour-intensive - I was therefore delighted to find a recipe for mayonnaise which can purportedly be made with a stick blender, promising fine mayonnaise with no more than a minute's blending… Having followed the recipe to a T (it's what I do best in this life), I ended up with a (briefly emulsified) orange liquid, like no mayonnaise I have ever seen and the like of which I hope never to see again. Are the volumes perhaps wrong? A shame - the effortlessness really appealed!

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on the GAIL's cookbook, 15 Jun 2014