5.0 out of 5 stars Really Amazing!
I setup this last Saturday and it was quite easy, and this comes from a person who has never used Android in his entire life before. I first removed the included version of XBMC since it was not the latest version, and installed the latest version from the XBMC site. Then I started to load several program and video add-ons, and that's it.

I recommend the video...
Published 1 month ago by Alexander Farrugia

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the interface
Installed 4OD, iPlayer, ITV Player, Netflix, SkyGO no problem. I like the interface. Poor WiFi reception, even with the large antennae Only Netflix plays consistently. My tablet plays all without any issues from the same location.
Published 3 months ago by rb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Amazing!, 23 Oct 2014
Alexander Farrugia (Malta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minix Neo X8-H Quad Core Android Smart TV box 2GB RAM - 16GB ROM - Full DD/DTS (Electronics)

I recommend the video add-on 1Channel, it's so amazing that this little box is worthwhile just for this program alone. You can search for any film or TV series and start watching in a few minutes. Some of them are in full HD quality too. Filmon is also cool to watch the BBC and ITV channels, though their quality is not stellar.

By the way, I also recommend buying a a Bluetooth keyboard for this, it comes in quite handy when you need to type those pesky captchas. I bought this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GTQ0J4G. The air mouse (which was supplied with the box) works, but you need to tone down the mouse sensitivity to a more sensible value first - as it is, it's way too sensitive. Also, remember to charge the Air Mouse before using it, using the supplied USB cable - I've seen people complaining that their Air Mouse does not work... maybe they haven't charged it first?

Overall one of my best money investments I've ever made in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best XBMC ever!, 7 Aug 2014
I use this to run XBMC, and it runs flawlessly. I have owned other android boxes in the past, but Minix Neo X8-H is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for a well made, customisable, speedy and good looking Android TV box? Well this is it., 20 Nov 2014
I was going to initially buy an Amazon Fire TV but I didn't like the fact that it was locked down to Fire OS and I had to buy all my Android apps again through Amazon's App Store. The Fire TV also only has 8GB on board storage which leaves around 5GB as the OS takes the rest. This box is speedy, powerful, well made, extremely customisable and overall has been a good experience setting it up. The only downside is that you have to have some knowledge of using XBMC/Kodi to get it to it's full potential but I would imagine the majority of people buying this will have experience in this field.

Definitely the best Android TV box out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, can do all Android stuff on my phone ..., 27 Sep 2014
excellent, can do all Android stuff on my phone but on my TV now, just like PC, would recommend getting wireless mouse and keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Best smart TV option for old lcd TV's, 15 Oct 2014
Bought this to convert my old lcd TV to a smart TV. Minix had exceeded my expectations, Best Picture quality, amazing sound , good to basic games, very nicely built, works well with all wireless device(keyboard,mouse, headphones etc). Will truly recommend .

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend that you flash to the latest beta or stable ..., 12 Aug 2014
Fast delivery and as described. Recommend that you flash to the latest beta or stable firmware straight away. Its easy to set up and YouTube is filled with videos on how to load xbmc with cushion, mashup and plenty more great apps

4.0 out of 5 stars Product is excellent but lacks operating instructions and cannot find very much ..., 18 Sep 2014
Product is excellent but lacks operating instructions and cannot find very much on the internet. This product is meant for advance IT users and would attract much better sales if it was easier to learn to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality TV box., 18 Sep 2014
This technology is moving very quickly and I dare say that since this review was written a more powerful version will be available. No problems with set up. Only used occasionally but work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice device, 15 Nov 2014
Having tried two other android tv box/stick this is for sure the best. Tried 4k and looks really great, the air mouse is nice addition.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the interface, 1 Aug 2014