‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rachel does it again, 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Jace and Beth didn't know what hit them when Grandma Nadine stepped in to help them on their way. The Bet Series has been fantastic. I love all the characters they are great but somehow Grandma Nadine has trumped them all.

RVD has created a larger than life character that enhanced the books to another level. I am sorry this series has finished but hope that Rachel will one day relent and write another.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it !!!!!!, 24 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I love it from the beginning to end. It was very interesting love story with very good characters in it. It was also very well written . I loved it these series of books. It is your imaginary word while you reading . It was also very captivating book , I couldn't put it down. Just try it out it is worth it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 14 July 2014
M. Kaye "Mitsh" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Another great story from Rachel!

This completes the "Grandma" trilogy, and continues on from the previous book with the 'last couple'.

While the Titus brothers make an appearence, this story focuses on Jace and Beth.

One of my highlights was reading the Grandma bits at the beginning of each chapter - don't miss them out!

As normal, we get the story from both characters, clearly shown who we are at the beginning of each chapter.

I don't want to say too much about the story...

Overall, I throughly enjoyed reading the book, and I can only that this is not the last we see of Grandma Nadine!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Loved it! Loved everything about this book! Haven't laughed out loud so much for ages! I can't recommend this book enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantastic!!! Go Grandma, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
With a whole lot to contend with after The Bet and The Wager which I loved, this book more than holds its own for one good – and it is a damned good reason – Grandma Nadine!
The woman is an icon – she is the epitome of what we all want to be like at her age – the been there, done that, afraid of nothing, answer to everything matriarch that has nothing but her desire to see her family happy, at heart and what is not to love about that – Well! Maybe her unorthodox methods, but when needs must, a woman will use whatever is at her disposal and Grandma has that down to an art form!
The book centres on Jace and Beth – having reconnected at the wedding – they wake together in Jace’s hotel room with no memory of the night before – yep heard that before – but this time with Grandma Nadine in the picture – the reality is much more frightening – they get early on that she has them in her sights but neither of them is willing to play her game.
Each chapter is told from one of their particular points of view and I must admit I found Jace’s recollections much more humorous but the standout dialogue comes from Grandma at the start of each chapter – being held by the FBI on the presumption that he is responsible for kidnapping Jace- who just happens to be a Senator. Her conversations with the agents interrogating her were bloody hilarious!
Grandma (with a little help from more than one of the other characters this time) has her eyes set on showing Jace and Beth the error of their ways and making sure that they can see that they are perfect for each other, all they have to do is believe what she is telling them. With her track record would you?
Running from the media after their night together gets misconstrued and leaked to the press, Jace and Beth are at the mercy of Grandma Nadine as she whisks them away on a “damage limitation exercise” to save Jace’s political career.
Ending up on a remote island couples retreat, may not be the ideal place to hide out but being forced to spend time together awakens feelings in both of them from 10 years previous when Jace had been Beth’s knight in shining armour and Beth had been his one that got away.
Neither of them had fully let go of the one kiss they had shared at the prom when Beth was humiliated and left crying, Jace had stepped up and asked her to dance and after that brief kiss, disappeared into the night.
Jace and Beth have a lot to learn and a lot to divulge to each other but with 6 days to romance her – Jace wants to show Beth that she is worthy of having her own Mr Darcy – even if it isn’t him – what he doesn’t know is that it has always has been him for her – no-one has ever measured up to that one kiss and at 30 years old – she believes she is destined to be alone.
Grandma knows best and there is no stopping her!
“Grandma shrugged. ‘Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve gone to the slammer for the greater good.’”
I am certain that without Grandma Nadine these stories would be fabulous but with her they are just plain AWESOME.
The situations may on occasion be convoluted but they are heart-warming, the situation extreme but that is what fantasy is all about. Jace and Beth deserve their fantasy but they wouldn’t have it without the actions of one of the best fictional characters around today.
I would love to read a little of Grandma Nadine’s history – she appears to have been at the centre of many interesting situations! And although it has been mentioned that this is the last in this series – I am keeping my fingers crossed that somewhere down the line that the author will bring Grandma out of retirement once again.
One more thing before I go – if you are looking for a corker of an Epilogue then this one fits the bill!
The series has been brilliant and my world is made just a little better for having Grandma Nadine in it !
Thank You, Rachel van Dyken!

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Grandma xx, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Started reading and couldn't put it down. I don't think I've ever laughed so much reading a book. Who wouldn't just live a grandma like that. Really hope it's not the last we hear from her. Once again a brilliantly rotten book by Rachel Van Dyken. If you want to read a great love story that'll have you laughing this is the one, fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure gold - again, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Rachel had already successfully placed Grandma Nadine & the gang in my heart, so she was already on to a winner. She just had to continue the magic. And boy did she! Just as sharp & witty as the other books in the series. Loved this & totally recommend this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dare, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
OMG that was soooooo funny! I couldn't put the book down! I loved the story and I LOVED Grandma Nadine! I'm going to have to buy the first 2 books of this series now because I feel like I have missed out. Lovely story and beautifully written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma nadine please adopt me, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
My stomach still hurts from laughing so much, my eldest thinks I'm crazy and my baby is finally catching up on some sleep after being constantly woken up by my laughter, Rachel I don't know how you keep producing such brilliant books but please don't stop!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 11 July 2014
This review is from: The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Have loved this series of stories..

Loved this one just as much..

Wish I had my own grandma Nadine..

Beth and jace were great and needed to end up together.

Another fab story..

Bring us more grandma.
Definitely recommend you read this series of books

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Dare (The Bet Series Book 3)
1.76