5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, even better price., 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bang and Olufsen Limited Edition BeoPlay H6 Headphones - Blue (Personal Computers)
I was initially suspicious of the price, £150 cheaper than every other pair of H6 headphones, the only discernible difference being the colour; I'm happy to say that I needn't have worried. These are identical to every other pair of £320 H6s, except they're blue. The reason for the discount, I assume, is that this model seems to have been made in conjunction with Pepsi (hence the trademark Pepsi blue colour), there is also a subtle Pepsi logo on the inner headband. I would guess that this is the left over stock from the partnership which they don't want to sell in B&O stores because of the Pepsi brand association.

The build quality and materials are superb (especially the lamb skin leather ear cushions which allow for hours of listening without causing discomfort), more than meeting the expectations you would have for a £300+ pair of headphones. The sound quality is also on par with other £300+ headphones; it isn't a case of sacrificing substance for style (something B&O could perhaps be accused of in the past). The sound is very natural and allows you to clearly pick out individual instruments. My only reservation is the volume that the H6 can handle; they are significantly quieter than I expected, but not so much to make me regret buying them.

All in all, these are a brilliant pair of headphones for £320; at £170 they are an absolute bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones but short cable., 30 Aug 2014
inky (Perthshire) - See all my reviews
I'd been looking at B&O's H6 headphones for some time. Looking, but didn't really have any intention of spending £330 on them. Unfortunately, they seem to hold their value reasonably well so there didn't seem much chance of picking up a genuine pair going cheap. That's until I stumbled across these. The only difference between these and the £330 H6s is the colour scheme. These seem to be some sort of design partnership between a 'leading street artist', Pepsi Co and B&O. Initially, I wasn't sure about the design on the inside of the headband, however, when on your head it isn't particularly evident. And you'll be too distracted by the sumptuous sound quality to care!
These are around ear headphones and the build quality (and materials used) is top quality. The sound is also superb, they don't have the annoying Bass-bias that seems so popular everywhere these days. They come with a removable 3.5mm headphone cable that can be plugged into either the left or right headphone. The supplied cable also has an inline remote for apple devices.
The headphones also feel extremely comfortable to wear, I'll usually listen to an album in one sitting and have absolutely no complaints. They're just right for size and weight.
The only points I'll mark them down on are (a) the case supplied is one of those cloth bags, for the RRP I'm surprised they didn't provide a better carry case (b) the 1.2m cable is a bit short for home listening, again for the price, I'm surprised there wasn't a longer cable supplied as well.
If you can pick these up at a fraction of the £330 RRP, I'd thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent premium headphones for a non premium price., 3 Sep 2014
These are excellent headphones for the money. I was looking for a new pair of headphones at around £150-£200 and was considering ones from AKG and Grado etc. but then found these at the special price. Only difference to the more expensive versions of the H6 is the colour ( which is okay actually, a rather dull blue) and a small Pepsi logo on the inside of the headphone band. Sound wise these are very clear headphones, good treble and midrange and a strong but not overpowering, bass (too lite if you are into the Ibiza / Beats sound). A definite step up from ones I have listened to around £200-£300. They are put together very well and extremely comfortable to wear. I use them with an ipad and ipod where the short provided lead works well, and with my hifi where I use a longer male to male lead which fits nicely, directly into the headphones. I use Apple Lossless compression but suspect they will work well with more lossy compression rates. Not sure I could justify buying these at full price although the sound they provide is well worth it (B&O are still selling this model at the full price on their website) but for £170 odd they are an absolute bargain. Three year warranty from B&O as well.

Very good service buying direct from the seller - arrived two days after ordered in perfect condition (with free delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a steal, 23 Aug 2014
Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes I'm writing this on my phone.

First off these headphones are 100% genuine and I can guarantee this since you get an extra years warranty from the official B&O website using the code supplied with the headphones. So you get a total of three wars warranty with these headphones which shows how much faith the company has in their products.

The box doesn't really include any extras, you get the headphones, a pouch, 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and a bunch of paper work. The box it comes in is fairly robost which just shows off the quality.

The headphones themselves are exactly like the pictures provides by amazon. They are very light weight considering how the quality they produce. The headband is made of leather with an inlay of some sort of metal which is really strong and seems like it would last a good time. The headband does lack cushioning (not much) but I didn't find this to be a problem cause they are very light. The headband can be adjusted by a fair amount, the best part is the adjuster is vey sturdy and just screams quality. The ear cups are extremely comfy and go around the ear so no pressure it extered on them which allows longer use without wanting to take them off. They are labeled L and R and both ear cups has a slot for the cable for your preference and also let's you daisy chain headphones. The only downside of the headphones is that the cups have edging around the metal housing though not the worst problem in the world.

Quality wise these headphones are fantastic, the bass isn't the strongest but high notes come out fantasic. I'm not the biggest audiophile out their but do want high quality music which this provides almost perfectly. I listen to a wide range of music such as full out gangster rap and 90s rock and these headphones are perfect for them all. I borrowed my friends Beats Pro not long ago and these destroy them in every aspect other than bass. For the discount price these headphones are an absolute steal and couldn't recommend them enough if you got the cash to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug 2014
Great headphones. Great sound. Prefer them to my previous Beats by Dre headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars I endorse all the positive comments made earlier. I ..., 31 Aug 2014
I endorse all the positive comments made earlier. I find the blue perfectly acceptable - I call it RAF Blue, my wife calls it Denim Blue; whatever, I didn't but them to look at - bought them to listen to and they are a steal at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My doubt resolved, authentic H6 here it is!, 16 Aug 2014
Got it from the same seller from ebay but not in amazon, but the price is still 179, I want to share the same opinion with the previous review as at first I thought this must be some sort of scam or fake product, but I took a leap of faith and bought it...

The result is positive and no scam at all, authentic B&O H6, I guess the reason its discounted is to do with the 3 new colors about to launched in late august. (very quick shipping)

I have no doubt the colour isn't for anyone and its hard to match with daily wear, but to me, I don't really care as long as the material is H6, the sound and build quality is worth 179, I am very happy with my purchase and I will definitely come back to this seller in the future.

Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, but be sure to plug the cable in properly., 30 July 2014
Love these headphones!

Be sure to plug the cable in properly into the headphone end though. I didn't push it in enough the first time and only got sound in L or R ear. If this happens try pushing the cable further into the L or R side (whatever one you put the cable into). It does go in quite a bit and you should eventually get great sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 22 Aug 2014
Stunning sound and arguably the best looking headphones out there.

I was blown away by the sound quality of these headphones. For me they are a big step up from the the Grado SR80i and AKG K701 i own. I use these for everything (mainly techno and deep house) whether it be music production, travelling or just listening to music. They are really well balanced with no over powering bass or brutal highs. They really do represent the music the way the artist wanted it to be heard.

As for comfort you would not even notice you were wearing them, even after hours of use.

I was initially put off by the blue colour and grey pattern with the small Pepsi logo on the inside but having worn them i find they have character and I have come to really like the blue colour. The blue is slightly less deep in colour than the picture suggests. The pattern can barely be noticed while being worn. So if you were put off by the colour I would say don't be, they really do look stunning and at over £100 saving it really is a bargain!

If these are in your price range then i would really suggest you give them serious thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Sep 2014
Brilliantly made and sound is fantastic too