4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones but short cable.
Published 5 months ago by inky

3.0 out of 5 stars So close to being an absolutely class act
Having checked these out in the Harrod's technology department there is much to love about the design, comfort and construction quality of these headphones. And for this alone they are not far from being worth the asking price of around £175.00. But then listening via an iPad to a selection of songs from various genres turned out to be (in the end) a fatiguing experience...
Published 1 month ago by "Optimus" Rai

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones but short cable., 30 Aug. 2014
inky (Perthshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bang and Olufsen Limited Edition BeoPlay H6 Headphones - Blue (Electronics)
I'd been looking at B&O's H6 headphones for some time. Looking, but didn't really have any intention of spending £330 on them. Unfortunately, they seem to hold their value reasonably well so there didn't seem much chance of picking up a genuine pair going cheap. That's until I stumbled across these. The only difference between these and the £330 H6s is the colour scheme. These seem to be some sort of design partnership between a 'leading street artist', Pepsi Co and B&O. Initially, I wasn't sure about the design on the inside of the headband, however, when on your head it isn't particularly evident. And you'll be too distracted by the sumptuous sound quality to care!
These are around ear headphones and the build quality (and materials used) is top quality. The sound is also superb, they don't have the annoying Bass-bias that seems so popular everywhere these days. They come with a removable 3.5mm headphone cable that can be plugged into either the left or right headphone. The supplied cable also has an inline remote for apple devices.
The headphones also feel extremely comfortable to wear, I'll usually listen to an album in one sitting and have absolutely no complaints. They're just right for size and weight.
The only points I'll mark them down on are (a) the case supplied is one of those cloth bags, for the RRP I'm surprised they didn't provide a better carry case (b) the 1.2m cable is a bit short for home listening, again for the price, I'm surprised there wasn't a longer cable supplied as well.
If you can pick these up at a fraction of the £330 RRP, I'd thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent premium headphones for a non premium price., 3 Sept. 2014
These are excellent headphones for the money. I was looking for a new pair of headphones at around £150-£200 and was considering ones from AKG and Grado etc. but then found these at the special price. Only difference to the more expensive versions of the H6 is the colour ( which is okay actually, a rather dull blue) and a small Pepsi logo on the inside of the headphone band. Sound wise these are very clear headphones, good treble and midrange and a strong but not overpowering, bass (too lite if you are into the Ibiza / Beats sound). A definite step up from ones I have listened to around £200-£300. They are put together very well and extremely comfortable to wear. I use them with an ipad and ipod where the short provided lead works well, and with my hifi where I use a longer male to male lead which fits nicely, directly into the headphones. I use Apple Lossless compression but suspect they will work well with more lossy compression rates. Not sure I could justify buying these at full price although the sound they provide is well worth it (B&O are still selling this model at the full price on their website) but for £170 odd they are an absolute bargain. Three year warranty from B&O as well.

Very good service buying direct from the seller - arrived two days after ordered in perfect condition (with free delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than pairs 5 times the price!, 29 Sept. 2014
I originally bought a pair of Grado GS1000e for £1000 but they arrived with a distorted earpad, I tried them out and the sound quality, in my humble opinion, was not worth the money so I returned them. I then tested out a bunch of pairs up to £300 at Richer sounds and the Bang and Olufsen Beoplay H6 were joint best with some Grado SR125i. So I went on Amazon and got both pairs for £300 quid!

I have tried these with a bunch of different styles of music and they handle everything great. They sound far more expensive than the are, frequencies are separated well and the treble and bass are just right. Incredibly accurate, warm, balanced and punchy. They reveal detail I had not heard on tracks before.

They are closed back so don't leak sound and are very comfortable. Buy with confidence!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones in the world. Simply flawless, 16 Dec. 2014
These headphones were a bit of a gamble as I bought them at a discounted price but I decided that the B&O name was enough to make it worth taking. I have not been let down, as these are the finest headphones money can surely buy.

I had been looking at numerous high end headphones for ages but they all demanded a compromise. Dr Dre Beats are only good for modern, bass driven music and grow tiresome after a few songs. Bose offer good sonic clarity, but poor build quality and design that harks back to 1980 VCR design. The best compromise were Bower and Wilkins P7s, but I felt these felt too flat for rock driven anthems.

These are the best all-rounders. The sound is incredible, the detail is breath-taking and even with highly detailed music from the likes of Muse or the new Julian Casablancas album, each instrument can be heard distinctly. It is like listening through a very high end stereo speaker, as the sound is not in anyway condensed and is layered in a way that provides depth beyond a mere headphone.

The biggest treat is vocal clarity, with the tones of Jim Morrison, Matt Monroe, Freddie Mercury and Sinatra given a crisp, newly recorded quality to their delivery. My neighbours are delighted at this development as I am starting to prefer headphones to my Bower and Wilkins standing speakers. I would previously never have dreamt over using such delivery for music in my own home.

It is claimed they do not have noise reduction. Well, they insulate my working environment perfectly and even when confronted with busy streets, they completely isolate you from the world.

Build quality is as good as anyone could expect from B&O with smooth headband size expanders gliding with a smooth weighted action. The metal hinges coupled with sumptuous leather ear defenders and leather headband give a feeling of sublime luxury. However it is a slight let down to see the secondary cup material topped off with metal, but sitting on a plastic ABS base, which feels cheap. The lining on the headband also feels a bit "Fisher Price" too. Made in China doesn't bother me although it might explain the lower than usual price of a B&O offering.

Overall, these are a must buy, especially at a discount. For my needs however, I would have bought these at full price as sonically and aesthetically they are miles ahead of anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, even better price., 16 Aug. 2014
I was initially suspicious of the price, £150 cheaper than every other pair of H6 headphones, the only discernible difference being the colour; I'm happy to say that I needn't have worried. These are identical to every other pair of £320 H6s, except they're blue. The reason for the discount, I assume, is that this model seems to have been made in conjunction with Pepsi (hence the trademark Pepsi blue colour), there is also a subtle Pepsi logo on the inner headband. I would guess that this is the left over stock from the partnership which they don't want to sell in B&O stores because of the Pepsi brand association.

The build quality and materials are superb (especially the lamb skin leather ear cushions which allow for hours of listening without causing discomfort), more than meeting the expectations you would have for a £300+ pair of headphones. The sound quality is also on par with other £300+ headphones; it isn't a case of sacrificing substance for style (something B&O could perhaps be accused of in the past). The sound is very natural and allows you to clearly pick out individual instruments. My only reservation is the volume that the H6 can handle; they are significantly quieter than I expected, but not so much to make me regret buying them.

All in all, these are a brilliant pair of headphones for £320; at £170 they are an absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a steal, 23 Aug. 2014
Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes I'm writing this on my phone.

First off these headphones are 100% genuine and I can guarantee this since you get an extra years warranty from the official B&O website using the code supplied with the headphones. So you get a total of three wars warranty with these headphones which shows how much faith the company has in their products.

The box doesn't really include any extras, you get the headphones, a pouch, 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and a bunch of paper work. The box it comes in is fairly robost which just shows off the quality.

The headphones themselves are exactly like the pictures provides by amazon. They are very light weight considering how the quality they produce. The headband is made of leather with an inlay of some sort of metal which is really strong and seems like it would last a good time. The headband does lack cushioning (not much) but I didn't find this to be a problem cause they are very light. The headband can be adjusted by a fair amount, the best part is the adjuster is vey sturdy and just screams quality. The ear cups are extremely comfy and go around the ear so no pressure it extered on them which allows longer use without wanting to take them off. They are labeled L and R and both ear cups has a slot for the cable for your preference and also let's you daisy chain headphones. The only downside of the headphones is that the cups have edging around the metal housing though not the worst problem in the world.

Quality wise these headphones are fantastic, the bass isn't the strongest but high notes come out fantasic. I'm not the biggest audiophile out their but do want high quality music which this provides almost perfectly. I listen to a wide range of music such as full out gangster rap and 90s rock and these headphones are perfect for them all. I borrowed my friends Beats Pro not long ago and these destroy them in every aspect other than bass. For the discount price these headphones are an absolute steal and couldn't recommend them enough if you got the cash to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars what haven't you bought a pair yet??, 11 Dec. 2014
Im a big techie and ive owned a lot of headphones but i will say Im listening to these right now for the first time and I have never in my life been so pleasantly surprised. The lamb skin pads envelope your ears in perpetual comfort as soon as you put them on. The sound stage is HUGE, accompanied with fair bass and never ending detail its like stepping into another world. The detail of the sound is almost TOO good, you can hear songs in such a way that you notice when tracks are recorded badly. They look great and are surprisingly light and slim. I thought this deal was so shitfy and dodgy but they are real H6 headphones, with all the warranties and packaging. GET IT NOW!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... really summarize the clarity of music distributed through this bad boy. They are extremely comfortable to wear, 11 Nov. 2014
The brand itself should really summarize the clarity of music distributed through this bad boy. They are extremely comfortable to wear, and the design is brilliant. I'm not sure if I would actually buy them at 330 quid, but they are definitely up to par with Bose. As many have mentioned, you shouldn't expect strong bass like Beats, but its intensity is just right and satisfies all genres of music. I'd complain about the cheap pouch they gave as an addition but that does not hinder the amazing quality of these earphones.

At this price, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy. Looks good, 24 Dec. 2014
Great buy. Looks good, build quality is very good and most importantly they really deliver the music (and without excessive bass).

These headphones can really deliver so hook them up to a good source ie. if you plan on using them with a PC then you and the headphones deserve the use of a good connection and not just the build in headphone connection. Get something like the HRT Microstreamer.

It is a bit annoying that while the cable is detachable and normal 3.5mm mini-jack only a few cables out there will fit due to the very narrow hole on the headphones. However considering many headphones doesn't even allow for cable replacement in the first place it is a small thing. On the plus side cable wise it should be mentioned that there is a connection on either side so one can plug in the cable on the left or right depending on what is most convenient.

I bought these for use at the office, but I'm now considering getting a pair for home use as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure luxury, 27 Jan. 2015
I have decided to review this item to hopefully help other people decide on purchasing these.
I own a pair of sennheiser HD 650 and also had a pair of beyerdynamic DT 770 to hand . I wanted a new pair of headphones that were closed back and a large soundstage ( the sennheisers being open back has caused complaints from my wife) . I thought very carefully and decided to keep my wife so closed back were the only option . I tried the beyerdynamic and although very impressed by the sound , I felt the soundstage to be more centered and not as wide as I would like. They were much more comfortable than my sennheisers and clearly are an amazing pair of headphones . Now for the bang and olufsen , I tried a pair on after first trying the b&w p7 . To my ears they both sounded very good and as the bang and olufsen were much cheaper ( and more comfortable) with this Pepsi limited edition I decided to go with These. The comfort level is amazing and better than any other headphones I have tried. These have a very large soundstage whilst also keeping the music clear and precise. I was not sure if I was going to be paying for a name only but I can honestly say that these are worth every penny . They do not have as much bass as the beyers but I like that ( no vibration through my head ) . These block out a good amount of noises in my house but I can still here my wife with these on , but she can not here anything coming from the headphones which is my reason for getting closed back. All my testing was done through my iPhone 5c .There is plenty of volume in these and I didn't need to use my headphone amp. So if you are after a closed back pair of headphones with ultimate comfort , ultimate sound . These may be the ones for you .