on 14 June 2014
It has been four years since Lily and Jack met (and 2 years since the end of Orange Blossom) and preparations for their wedding are well underway. Though Lily's mother wants to take control, the couple have a few things that they are determined to do their way. Living together has proved easy, though finding time for the physical side of their relationship is harder now that they are both living hectic lives, but they are determined, and they are determined that their wedding will be the perfect night shared with their friends and family.

I'm going backwards because the first thing I want to talk about it the ending, because it was heartbreakingly sweet. I expected an epilogue set years later but I did not expect that moment, and even though there have been some tough moments in this series (particularly in Alana's story) I think those few pages were by far the hardest to read. Yet at the same time those few pages were beautiful and sweet and everything Lily and Jack.

Ambrosia ties off quite a few of the loose ends, with Lily and Jack as well as finding out what happens with Alana and Dave, and like all the Flowering books the mixture of happy and said was what made the characters, and the story, feel real. As well as that there were parts of the story that were just everyday things, like the paper towel dispenser, which made it just perfect.

I've talked about sad things alot with this series, but what needs mentioning are the funny moments. Several characters made comments that made me laugh (Jack and Dave's Scout comment included, but that was probably because my family, and myself, are heavily involved in the UK Scouting movement, well I'm involved with Guiding too), and when I was laughing I was laughing aloud.

There were also a ridiculous amount of sweet moments, mostly coming from Jack, though some from Lily's Dad as well, most notably the hot dog moment and Jack's French dinner (all will make sense if you read!) it was definitely interesting to see a more 'stable' Jack, there was a lot less emotional turmoil for him in this book.

I've loved this series, from the start where Lily was just starting college and was young and naive, right through to the end and the wedding of two amazing characters. I'm sad to say goodbye to Lily and Jack, but it is there time, I just hope they make way for some more fantastic characters.
on 1 April 2015
Great read. This I felt was the best out of the books, and felt it was a good read. Sad too, but the love people can have for one another showes through