on 17 January 2015
I teach anatomy and physiology to pre-registration health care students, nurses, midwives, paramedics and ODPs. This is the book we chose when we replaced Marieb (an american based A&P text).

It has a UK focus and is well laid out. The writing style is genearlly clear as well, this helps when students try to make sense of unfamiliar processes.

The online resources are OK (they were much better in previous editions) and they help to enhance understanding. The level of detail is about right for pre-registration students and this book should form a solid base for the rest of their course and their practice.
on 26 June 2014
This book is a 'must buy' for anyone embarking on a health related course. I'm due to start a Nursing degree in september and subsequently needed a good A+P book, Ross&Wilson is the best there is. This book is very informative whilst using easy-to-understand language accompanied by highly detailed images to further illustrate the uncanny eye for detail. The images combined with easy to understand text and the immense detail this book covers is a perfect resource to succeed in studying related courses. Would definitely recommend this book. ★★★★★
on 5 November 2014
Great book, really easy to read and understand with helpful illustrations etc. Was recommended by our lecturer, but certainly if you're a student nurse I'd recommend using with other A&P books and not just using the one on its own. This is a good starting point though for sure! :) x
on 21 September 2014
A must for student nurses. Covers all that is needed and more.
on 25 June 2014
Excellent book. Would recomend this book for an a and p course! Very clear and detailed information and online code is great
on 28 November 2014
If you want a outline of the anatomy and physiology this is the book for you but with a degree it would need to be more indepth and in my opinion it is too simple. Good book but I have to get another one to read into the systems.
on 24 March 2015
Very useful despite missing some information I need and in other places going into more detail than I need to know. Also pretty expensive.
on 4 May 2016
This book is definitely needed for anyone who is starting or has started a health based course! I am in my second year of university doing nursing and it has already helped me so much. Throughout first year I had three exams which I passed with flying colours and I put this down to having this book! It is so easy to understand and contains everything needed. If any book should be on your list to buy it should be this one,well worth the money as it will save you time and stress in the long run.
on 2 April 2016
Brilliant book. Very throughout and easy to understand. written in a manner where someone with a very minimal understanding would understand. Plenty of pictures to help understand.
on 3 June 2015
Loads of info. Using instead of the Louise Tucker book recommended for ITEC Anatomy & Physiology which Ive found to be fairly, well, rubbish.
This is a much better option, recommended to me by my ITEC tutor. Much clearer.