5.0 out of 5 stars Another beautiful tale from the very talented Ms Harmon.
Anyone who has read Making Faces by Amy Harmon will already be aware that she writes the most beautiful, lyrical stories. The character connection she created is both heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time. Infinity + One is another gorgeous read.
Published 11 months ago by K Miles

Hmm, I'm a bit undecided on this one. I have really enjoyed other books by this author, but this one left me a bit torn...

I liked the overall story and characters, but I have to agree with some other reviews that said it dragged a bit.

Published 2 months ago by GreatWorkInProgress

5.0 out of 5 stars Another beautiful tale from the very talented Ms Harmon., 26 Jun. 2014
K Miles "Red Robin" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
Finn is such a wonderful character and so easy to love. To imagine the tragedy, the fear and the pain he has already suffered, breaks your heart. For me, Bonnie Rae was a grower. At times I wanted to scream at her "just call the police! Tell them you're fine! Don't let Finn get into trouble!" but then I realised, Bonnie is a young girl who has had a strange and controlled adult life. She has suffered a horrendous loss, and has had nowhere to turn. Does she have all the right answers, does she react correctly in every situation? Of course not, but why should we expect her to? What she does have is a huge, lonely heart and the need to love and be loved. I adored Bonnie & Finn's relationship. They were exactly what the other needed. Two halves making a new whole. Perfect.

This beautifully written book certainly had it all. I got halfway through and found my stomach was in knots! Never before have I ever been tempted to skip forward to the end of a book to see if everything turned out ok. Of course, I'd never do that. I enjoy the journey too much to ever just fast forward to check for a HEA. Good books should make you feel, so boy, was this a good book. At times I actually gasped out loud "Oh no!" and felt genuine fear for what would happen to the characters, and at other times, I cried like a little kid, particularly when William gave his speech near the end.

This is a sweet and unique read. I loved it. Anyone who has read Amy Harmon before will adore it. Anyone who has not read Amy Harmon? Boy, are you ever missing out! I'd recommend you go download this tale right now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did I love it?, 26 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
I have mixed feelings about this book. I loved all Amy's books so far, but I'm afraid I only liked this one.
In terms of the craft, she's amazing, better than before if it's possible, the book was funny, the different points of view were interesting, and at times I literally felt like I was inside the plot and forgot about the reality.
But the main thing I was interested in was the love story, and I was a bit disappointed here. There was a bit too little angst and loss and stuff, maybe it would've been more touching if their twins died actually in the book, not in flashbacks. But then again, that would've been too much like Making Faces I suppose. And the whole arrest, when they were finally apart, was a bit too far in the book, so it wasn't even a surprise, it was something I couldn't wait for and welcomed with relief...
I'm not sure what's my point here, I guess this book was completely different from the others Amy wrote, which is a good thing, obviously, but because the ideas were quite unique, I missed the typical romance where the characters spend ages analysing everything, over-analysing even, making wrong choices, hurting each other... cliche, but Amy used to make it work. Infinity+One is still a nice read though (I love how the title is so mysterious and the explanation so simple and cute!) and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breathtakingly brilliant read, 3 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
Every now and then a great book blows my socks off and this was definitely one of those moments. I was expecting a rock star romance, but this book was so much more, layer after layer of story gave way to a perfect conclusion.

Bonnie is a superstar, country music's darling but inside she's breaking. Controlled by her Grandmother she seeks escape, fleeing from her last tour date Bonnie decides it's time for it to end. A chance meeting with a stranger leads her away from all that she has known and finally gives her chance to breathe. Clyde didn't want complications, he was finally leaving his past behind when he finds the strange girl who he cannot pass by. Both heading in the same direction they make an unlikely pairing as they set off on a monumental road trip but could Bonnie endanger more than just Clyde's heart? Chased by both their pasts the pair wind up in all sorts of bother that they could never have imagined.

I had one hell of a book hangover from this story and frankly I know I will re read this many times in the future. The characters are perfection and the plot beyond expectation, 5 stars is simply not enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd say I liked this book but didn't love it...which is a shame, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)

I had conflicting feelings about our leading lady - at times she was wonderful and endearing and fabulous, other times she came across as far younger than her 21 years suggested. I had trouble seeing sometimes why our Hero would / should have put up with all her sh*t.

I really liked our leading man - and I think his character was developed pretty well. I do enjoy characters that are smart and brilliant - but I think there was a bit too much of the maths analogies. It took me away from the story at times and quite a bit of was lost on me (And I don't consider myself to be particularly unintelligent! ha)

I would have loved to see a couple more chapters at the end...

I might give it a reread in a month or so and see if my opinion changes. But for now, I'd say I liked this book but didn't love it...which is a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never a let down, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
If you believe for one second that you have reason to worry about this book, then you have clearly never read anything of Amy Harmon's before. As amazing as her previous books. Loved it!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 1 Jan. 2015
I can't believe I'm giving an Amy Harmon book 3 stars :(
If this is your first try of her books then I'm sure you'll enjoy it as the story is sweet and characters likeable.
I found it rather unbelievable at times and it dragged through the middle and I hate to say I actually skipped through some of it as I was getting bored.
Running Barefoot and The Law of Moses are my stand out favourites by this author. They are simply beautiful. You fall in love with the characters and their stories and the latter made me cry the whole way through!
With these characters I never felt myself rooting for them which is a real shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
There is no doubt that Amy Harmon is a fantastic writer. I absolutely love her novel "A Different Blue". The premise of this book intrigued me. The use of the names Bonnie and Clyde and linking it to the infamous pairs story is a stroke of genius. I did enjoy this book but I found it dragged a bit and some of the book was slightly cheesy and sickly sweet. It is worth a read, however it doesn't match up to Blues story for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars No brainer!, 25 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
Trouble, heartache, despair, turmoil and pure unadulterated love- I couldn't have asked for more.
This book completely swept me up within it and I was gutted when I had finished it. I will most definitely be looking into Amy Harmon's other books because this one has touched me...I have a feeling certain parts of it will never leave me, and I love that!

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book, 22 April 2015
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
i put of reading this book as the book description seemed so diffrent from the author's other books. when i read it i wasn't dissapointed as with all amy's books they just get better and better. such a heartbreakingly beautiful.

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect road movie, 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Infinity + One (Kindle Edition)
This is a super road movie type book. I real page turner and a light read. I loved the maths and puzzles and it had unexpected twists and turns. It kept u guessing until the end.

Infinity + One