Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 June 2014
I never heard of Patrick Gill until the Streetfighter Legacy short and he had come from seemingly nowhere. This time round, he's forged a soundtrack that fits the Street Fighter universe wonderfully Instrumentally, harmonically and rhythmically dark, epic, sweeping, mysterious, light and dynamic; the score shifts moods nicely when it needs to, building on some excellent themes.

We have an orchestral score backed up by synthetic percussive effects textures and ambience; the modern style that has really became signature through Hans Zimmer's work and carried through to many other top budget films by other A-list composers; as such, there are a few small moments where I felt the stylistic echoes of Batman Begins' early scenes ('A Long Hike'.) and gentle majesty similar to the feel evoked in The Last Samurai with an instrumental interplay of strings and Koto (I think) in 'Big Brother' Gill steps back a little from the conventional SF themes to give SFAF its own identity but still grounds it using motifs and partial melodies from the original SF themes and does so in way, perfectly suited to the series; Gill underpins every scene brilliantly, bedding the atmosphere and keying us into the subtext of the narrative. While these musical shifts aren't always subtle, the SF universe, characters and story are larger than life, so it totally works for me.

I really enjoyed Fight The Fight by Daniel Bryne as a pretty excellent homage to Kavinsky and the retro era this is set in. The female vi

The Ken theme by Ryan Ansah and Bryne is again a solid work, though it definitely has it's own style which honestly, felt a little at odds with the main score, but once you hit the stride of 80s montage bromance, it's pretty awesome.

I'm listening as I write this and remembering the scenes. The score is really that memorable and while Gill did a great job on the Legacy proof-of-concept trailer, his work here demonstrates his ability to create subtle more shifting scores.

"Showdown" from May The Best Man Win was my favourite track in the series, having seen the scene already in Episode 0, the track in underpins the fight scene later in a more purposeful way.

The cinematography, choreography and soundtrack are the 3 strongest aspects of the series and I'm definitely looking forward to more from Patrick Gill. Beautifully crafted and considered. If you're reading this Patrick, Thank you for being such a strong component of bringing the SFAF to the high expectations that your fanbase had set.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2014
An incredible soundtrack, I must have for any SF fan. Exceeds some of the official soundtracks in quality in my opinion.
on 10 October 2014
This is such a good series for such a low budget production I was blown away! They have taken bits from the Street Fighter manga movie I loved so much and blended it with the game storyline. The soundtrack is fantastic and grabbed me in the first episode at the 'Lake Run' scene.
The fighting is brilliant and the CGI is good (not the best) but good enough to keep you happy and the story is true to the game, what more could you ask for?

Seeing as purchasing it will help them better a sequel series, I'm in!
on 31 May 2014
It is a really awesome album and if you liked the show I recommend you get the album as well
on 16 June 2014
The score perfectly suits the series, you can tell a lot of attention has gone into making this. The renditions of classic Street Fighter themes are the best I've heard, and then there are tracks like "Fight the Fight" which throw you back into the 80's and give you that Driver vibe. Great soundtrack that all fans will enjoy.