on 24 March 2015
I previously owned a U86-AC-B. It started to malfunction and had it replaced by this one.

So, the new U86-AC-Be is the supposedly improved version over the U86-AC-B. This time the brush is slightly wider; it takes the whole width of the head, but the head is also higher by a few mm, so it won't go under certain pieces of furniture or radiators anymore. The sucking power might be slightly stronger as well, as it is now harder to pull the vacuum cleaner, which isn't a good point, as the former version had already more than enough sucking power already. The good point with the new brush is that it doesn't leave thin streaks on the carpet anymore. Also, it is now much louder than the U86-AC-B when you drive it over a hard floor (even when turned off). This is probably due to the very hard small wheels used at the base of the brush (it looks like ceramic or metal or very hard plastic).

Other than this, it's identical to the older U86-AC-B: same cheap plastics that get scratched very easily, same very short power cord and same very very very short hose. You'll also have to unscrew 5 screws to be able to clean the brush properly (removing hair for instance)... other brands like AEG and Bosch for instance have much better systems for cleaning or extracting the brush in no time.

Interestingly, the package states "Made in PRC", which is a fairly misleading and an abnormally fancy way of saying "Made in China"...

It comes with a 6 years warranty and the customer service of Vax is apparently excellent from what I heard. Here goes probably half of the price.

It does the job, but as far as I can see, after several weeks of use, I'm not sure that new one will last any longer than the previous one (less than a year).
on 16 March 2015
Lightweight and easy to use on hard floors, very strong suction on carpet. Fills quickly so would only recommend for smaller houses or you will be emptying quite often. Doesn't like rugs, too powerful for them. Was amazed at how much came out of my carpets when I thought they were clean!
on 25 June 2015
This is a very powerful cleaner. So powerful is the suction that it eats all of my rugs! I would recommend this product but only to a household with fitted carpets throughout. If you have hard wood floors with large rugs then this is not the cleaner for you.
on 11 April 2015
Very disappointed with suction and the plastic tube that semi ditaches is far to small. I do not recommend this.
on 6 March 2015
Great Service, Price and Product. The Vax is an excellent Vacuum Cleaner and does exactly what it says it does. Highly recommended.
on 21 April 2016
Just got it today 21st April and plugged it in .....turned it on....and stuck to the floor, could hardly push or pull it as the suction is amazing, I phoned Vax support and they are sending me a fitting to alleviate the to much suction so all is good, I like the vacuum as its not to big or heavy, just what I wanted
Outstanding cleaner, very efficient, easy to use and easy to clean. This is a more compact model than our other one, and we bought it for upstairs after seeing how effective a cleaner the Vax was. Highly recommended and Vax produce several models so there is one for you out there.
on 24 April 2015
two things I'm not too happy with......the suction is great until you have slip mats, bringing it back the vacuum gobbles it up. The handle needs a cap fitted because it can hurt your hand when you have a lot of hoovering to do.
on 23 July 2015
As always, Vax comes up with the goods. After 9 years of hard work (2 dogs,1 cat and 4 years of dust from renovations) my old Vax gave up the ghost. So immediately I ordered another. It is super powerful and does the job. Light and easy to get around and under things. One small problem is that I have mostly hard floors and a few rugs, 2 of which are large mats rubber backed for the entrance to the back door. As this machine is so powerful, I cannot pass over these without them being sucked to the bottom of the machine and then unable to move so I am obliged to use the extension tools. My old machine just did this automatically (carpet to hard floor) with excellent results so just a teeny bit disappointed.
on 20 January 2016
This is a great little vac, my old one was still working but very heavy (2 and a half stones) and it was hard work for me to use it. This is a powerful cleaner no complains with that, only wish the power cord was longer.