5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need!
An unexpected pleasure to read, recommended to me on Facebook on John O'Brien's page. The best 77p ever spent!
I loved the balance of descriptive story / character building, violence and sex (something all to frequently and in my eyes unfortunately missed out of Z books).
Published 5 months ago by Kate Brackenbury

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for holiday reading but a bit disappointing over all
Published 5 months ago by Funkyhaggis

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I particularly enjoyed the preparations to begin with (something that all Z fans have fun imagining), the short but sweet romance and the plot twist.
For me this book ticked all the boxes of my favourite reading genre. A good solid storyline with some likeable and identifiable characters. Great stuff!
The only negative being there isn't more to read and the author was difficult to find on Amazon amongst other J Walkers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in one night, couldn't put it down! I've read many, many zombie books but really enjoyed this one. I'm wondering when book 2 will be available - pls hurry up Jennifer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing read., 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, at a bargain price too. Good character building and an unexpected twist at the end.
Is there more to come? I hope so. And soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books of its genre I've read, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put the down once I'd started and read the book in one day. I have read many end-of-the-world scenario books and enjoyed many of them but this is the first time I have felt compelled to add a review. The characters are believable and the events described have a lot of realism. After reading it I immediately logged back onto Amazon to buy book 2 and was disappointed to find it is not yet available but I will definitely be wanting to get it when it is available and look forward to more from this great author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this first book, I just hope the second one is as good and I don't have to wait to long for it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 15 July 2014
B. Singleton (Manchester, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. Two couples know the zombie virus is heading their way, so prepare an isolated compound for themselves and their families. As usual, it is the other survivors who are more trouble than the zombies. There are a couple of incredible coincidences, but I would happily read book 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, but..., 21 Sep 2014
Wes Fazzani "Wes" (S. London. England. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
As far as ZomPoc stories go this wasn't a bad effort from an author I've not read before, however the pace of the story seemed a little lethargic at times, and a spattering of unnecessary grammatical and spelling errors really upset the flow of the book. Other than that, and I've taken a star off for those reasons, it was a good story, and a slightly different take on the Zombie Apocalypse, I liked that the main character, and narrator, was a woman, it definitely gave a fresh perspective. Overall, worth a read, especially at 77p.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas, with believeable characters, 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Some good ideas, with believeable characters. Male audiences will probably want a bit more action, but it is my understanding that this book was aimed at a female audience. It was good enough for me to consider purchasing the follow up.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for holiday reading but a bit disappointing over all, 21 July 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Have read a lot of zombie apocalypse books but this one was slightly disappointing. The story was told in a rushed fashion and the main character was a bit unrealistic as she managed to become the 'leader' of the group without any real conflict or struggle. Good key incidents within the books but I felt it was a disappointing read because if the lack of time spent over key incidents and the characters' struggles.

5.0 out of 5 stars The turn, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Turn (Extinction Level Event Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
An excellent read for those who enjoy apocalypse stories. Can't wait to read another book by j walker. Hopefully there's a sequel