5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful
This album is absolutely beautiful.

Published 10 months ago by CycleRacing

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too much like the last album for my taste
a bit repeatative . A bit too much like the last album for my taste.
Published 6 months ago by mojo

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 30 Jun. 2014
CycleRacing (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
This album is absolutely beautiful.

It is peaceful, chilled out and extremely relaxing. I have had it on repeat play today! My favourite at the moment is Fields of Gold - it's played at a slowish tempo, and with real emotion - first time of listening made me very emotional. To be fair though, the whole cd is played with what I find is real feeling. Craig Ogden is obviously brilliant technically in terms of his ability on the guitar, but the feelings in the music which are then experienced by the listener is perhaps the biggest talent of all. As an ex professional musician, I know that can't be taught and is where many musicians may fall short.

The recording itself is clear and crisp sounding and all well balanced.

This is a stunning album with no tracks that I dislike.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Must Have' for anyone with a passing interest in the guitar through to the discerning classical guitarist!, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
Another triumph by the highly talented Mr Ogden! Well done. Some beautiful tracks on this album that have already proven to be the theme of my summer. From the beautifully transcribed version of Here comes the Sun and Sugarloaf Mountain to the more classical pieces of Memories of the Alhambra, there is something on this CD for everyone with a passing interest in the guitar. Craig has a beautiful intuition for making the guitar sound so versatile and dynamic, it is a credit to his hard work and skill to hear him play. The Einaudi piece Due Tramonti and Bizet's Habanera are both outstanding pieces on this album that I find myself going to immediately. I've seen Craig live in action and met him and he is one of the finest players around these days. Don't hesitate to rush in and buy this album as it will be one of the best you've invested in for a long time. WELL DONE CRAIG!

5.0 out of 5 stars An album ripe for summer, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
My first purchase of a Craig Ogden CD, having heard his playing on Classic FM. The record is even better than I expected,
without too much input from other instruments, the warmth and versatility of the classical guitar given free rein. There's a
couple of well-worn guitar pieces (Cavatina, Habanera,) but beautifully played, and some tracks are outstanding, especially
Howard Goodall's 'Inspired' - a track I'm in danger of wearing out! Altogether an album that lives up to its name. Exactly
right for a summer evening. A well-earned five-star.

5.0 out of 5 stars So relaxing, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
Lovely to relax & listen to this soothing music. Very evocative of summer - I shall still listen to this in the winter to remind of the beautiful warm sunny days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilled Summer Sounds, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
As a fan of Classic FM I kept hearing snippets from the album. There is something about guitar music that is so chilled out. Craig is a brilliant musician and the selection is nicely varied. I knew nearly all the tunes which for me made it more enjoyable.

If you want to relax then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The tracks are beautiful and as he says really restful, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
I bought this for my 11 year old son who is learning to play the guitar. Yes he likes modern music and dreams of being in a band! but he loves this album and it has inspired him to continue with learning classical as well electric - result. The tracks are beautiful and as he says really restful.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... recital given by Craig Ogden and apart from his brilliant guitar playing he is a most charming and approachable ..., 31 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
I have attended a recital given by Craig Ogden and apart from his brilliant guitar playing he is a most charming and approachable virtuoso who will gather a large army of fans throughout the world. The CD is terrific value for money!

Stanley Gann

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush sounds for summer!, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
My own album 'A Country Suite' has also been advertised on Classic FM recently and I have been listening out for the adverts so couldn't possibly miss Craig's ads too. He is a very musical guitarist and makes a truly beautiful sound. I have heard Craig play 'live' three times now and I am always bowled over by his technique and sheet musicality. He is also a very very nice guy. This album is gorgeous, a lovely blend of music new and old. Fabulous arrangements and as ever, beautifully played by the man himself. I am a real fan. Who knows, maybe one day, he might record something I've written - you never know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic execution, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (Audio CD)
A CD one can listen to every single day. I recently gave it to friends to take for their journey and they absolutely loved it and relaxed them in their 4 hour car journey. I highly recommend it for any season

5.0 out of 5 stars Summertime relaxation., 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Summer Guitar (MP3 Download)
We listened to this on my Kindle in the cabin on the boat over to France and almost everyday as a gentle wake-up whilst getting ready to go out. It's a lovely selection of music and perfectly summertime.

Summer Guitar
Summer Guitar by Craig Ogden (Audio CD - 2014)