on 30 May 2014
I did enjoy this ebook and would have given it 4 stars if I hadn't found myself counting the errors. I reached about a quarter of the way through when I realised that the grammatical and spelling mistakes were infuriating me. Present tense used instead of past tense, words missing or added, innumerable homophones, incorrect use of punctuation, split infinitives - you name it, the author did it. I would suggest that she buys a decent dictionary (or uses the OED installed on Kindle), a copy of Fowler's and/or employs a good proof-reader. Ms King has put a great deal of effort into her writing, why spoil it by not checking it for errors? Computer spell checkers are useless, they can pick up a spelling mistake, they can not distinguish the difference between breach and breech or discrete and discreet; both are examples from this book. It made reading a rather enjoyable story hard work as I had to figure out what she was trying to say. Punctuation has a purpose and can change the meaning of a sentence completely. At one point I thought the heroine had more than one sister because the author used the wrong punctuation. I know it makes me come over as a complete pedant but it is important and it does matter. Barbara Cartland has been much mocked but I remember my wonderful English mistress saying that nobody had a better command of the English language; pity she wrote such dreadful books. Ms King writes far more enjoyable stories, they deserve the correct use of English.
on 3 May 2015
I have now finished all the series of Cavandish Family and the Star Elites and could not wait to continue from 1st Story with both of them, .ending lastly with Star Lite 8 ,will miss all the characters and their adventures chasing the French Spies etc.....
just a jolly good read and the way Rebecca continues all these stories with all the main characters and applying each to be involved with the following new stories makes the men and the comradeship between them all, all seem so real and the adventures and subsequence romance/marriages with the various female s really good ,I found the 1st Story and the Last Story number 8 just that slightly better with the Star Elite but nothing to deter from all the stories.
on 13 June 2014
The fourth book in the Star Elite series. This one was a little different, in that the couple involved arrived at their destination early in the book. The heroine then fell into a secret passage and the ghost of the current Lord Melvedere helped her find her way out. Worth reading if you have been following the Star Elite series and the Cavendish series before that.
on 9 June 2014
Can't wait for the next one that an other one I. couldn't put down she is such a good writer coy l d read a book a night
on 1 January 2015
I have enjoyed the series but I was bemused with this one. I actually went back to the beginning to see if I had missed a chapter. Why were they in the church and who did Portia kill? A bit far fetched with the ghost but then it is fiction. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
on 15 December 2015
Another excellent story. Following the adventures of the star elite and their ladies. The ghost and secret passages added to the storyline.
on 10 September 2014
I haven't read A book as good as this in ages .gripping so much that I couldn't put it down I read it too quick now reading the next ..
on 28 August 2015
A lovely story. Once again the Star Elite series did not fail to deliver. I have now read the whole series and hope more will follow.
on 5 June 2015
Once again a great story of intrigue, mystery,love and good characters. Rebecca King tells a gripping tale of believable people.
on 2 May 2015
Wonderful plotline with charismatic characters and lots of excitement. There is action, ghosts and thieves, add the French spies to the mix with family betrayals and you have a ripping yarn!

Loved this romance, it is the fourth book of this series and on a par with it's predecessors.......fabulous.