5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?
Saw PSB supporting the Manic Street Preachers at The Ritz, Manchester last week. Excellent musicianship and interesting sound, they also went down pretty well with a hardcore Manics crowd. I like this sort of stuff though, it reminds me of Stereolab crossed with Fluke. My wife hated it.
Published 11 months ago by GR Burns

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as EP One nor The War Room EP
Published 16 months ago by Leidey

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 29 Sep 2013
GR Burns - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant British Classic- stiff upper lip old boy !, 15 Aug 2013
I love this album. Indie guitar over that classic voiceover of the people who did the public service announcements.
Best track for me is Spitfire, the story of the world war two fighter plane over 3 minutes or so of spoken word and music.
On constantly in the car, please buy this album, I am sure it will not disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 21 July 2013
Very original, but in a way thats old. ether-way it sound good & thats what matters, they are a group to watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as EP One nor The War Room EP, 10 May 2013
Having been a fan of PSB since hearing the first play of ROYGBIV on Radio 6 last year, I am slightly underwhelmed by this album. I pre-ordered the War Room EP, and this as soon as they became available. The War Room improves with listening, and some of the non-single tracks are superb. I was expecting more of the same with I-E-E, but sadly it hasn't grabbed me in the same way. EP One is also better, in my opinion. Between EP One, and the War Room, you have all the best tracks from I-E-E, plus better ones. Only Everest is missed.

This is widly touted as the breakthrough album for PSB, but having tried to explain the concept to non-fans and raving about the release of this album, I can't see it happening. Plays on the radio have brought PSB to a whole much larger audience, hence favourable reviews, as they still see the novelty in the concept. However, once this has worn off, their isn't as much to listen to as in the War Room. There isn't a theme to it, and I think a theme would link tracks much better, as in The War Room EP. As it is, I-E-E sounds like a "best of" but without their best tracks.

The War Room

I certainly hope this album is a success and leads to more releases from PSB. Hopefully themed albums, as The War Room EP.

Some reviews have tipped this for being one of the albums of the year. Personally, I would wait for Field of Reeds by These New Puritans before making a judegement. I listened to Fragment Two immediately after my first play of I-E-E, and that completely blew me away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative, 12 May 2013
Syriat - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Public Service Broadcasting are a bit different. Anyone familiar with their War Room EP already knows this. They build music using found footage, those Pathe Public Service Broadcasts or similar recordings. Using guitars, banjo's, electronics and all matter of instrumentation and all vocals layer over this with a theme. The War Room was an excellent EP and had the fantastic Spitfire as its central track which had a driving guitar riff and was memorable from the moment it started. That track is here along with ROYGBIV and Everest from previous recordings. They are great, the only concern was that over the length of an album would this become too much of gimmick or would they be able to sustain the quality. The answer definitely lies in the latter category, although where they go from here I am not quite sure.

The new tracks include Signal 30, which gives Spitfire a run for its money in the big guitar riff stakes. Night Mail is one of the most British tracks you will hear this year and uses a Royal Mail soundtrack with great rhythm. Lit Up slowly seeps into your consciousness as its slow build feels a poppy and upbeat as anything I am likely to hear this year in standard form. Other tracks hold their own as well.

This is an innovative approach and one that works. It won't be to everyone's taste and may not last more than an album. But it does deliver some great tracks and will be on many end of year lists.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says!, 6 July 2014
I really like the concept and the music these talented guys weld together. Vinyl is excellent quality sound. Several good tracks, topped by their "hits" Spitfire and Everest. See them live if you can, or at least on You Tube, to get the videos and quite a helping of humour. I just wonder where they're going from the niche that they've made for themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars The James Blake(s) of Sample Based Tunecore, 5 July 2014
DJ Bez (Weston-super-Mare) - See all my reviews
"The James Blake(s) of Sample Based Tunecore" is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever said, designed to provoke a reaction from readers for no apparent reason. Which just adds to the insanity.

There aren't many albums you can keep coming back to but never tire of, but this is one. Getting a full arena at the West Holts stage at the Glastonbury Festival is no mean feat when you're up against one D. Parton, but PSB did it - we'll never know if some of those people were just lost and confused after streaming out of a 'smoke' filled cabaret tent - we just wanted to get away from the crush of the main stage and these were one of the highlights of the festival. 9/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting lp, 3 May 2014
in the same genre as Lemon Jelly, very good music with sampled narratives over the top, bloody good sounds, go buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning debut album, 24 Mar 2014
Saw PSB at Blissfields 2013 and really enjoyed the set. Came away and bought the albums. Fantasitc modern music with mid 20th Century soundtracks sampled in. That's too simple a descripion . you have to listen to them and Wigglesworth is an amazing drummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!!, 6 Feb 2014
I had picked up the wee EP a while ago and saw this browsing last week. To say I have not stopped listening to it is an understatement-I have a mega streaming system and the sound quality is incredible-spitfire is my favourite and the layers of sound are mesmerising.
The themes covered by the voice overs are very current and it must have been fun to match these to the tracks.
I would say there are lots of good dance material here-even for an old 'un like me.
Excellento!!!

Inform Educate Entertain (Jewel Case Version)
Inform Educate Entertain (Jewel Case Version) by Public Service Broadcasting (Audio CD - 2014)