on 17 June 2014
This book us a very interesting read. A struggle for survival against the odds. It's a very emotional book, well written with a few typos that are slightly annoying, but this does not detract from a very good book. It does have a HEA which I was so glad about. I did feel very much a part of this story and could feel the pain of all the characters, Jackson, Addie, Phoebe and Lily. I could even understand why Rochelle behaved the way she did with Zane.

I loved that all the clients/ rapists were described in detail including the obnoxious smells, and lack of feeling/ empathy for the girls...this gave a a great feeling if sickness and hatred for this type of man, but a better spence of perspective that they are not always rick and good looking in fact an interesting character with "dolls" was an interesting addition, concluding, that some of the clients, clearly had mental health issues!!.
The author has created a great book, written about love in adversity. She has truly captured the horrific conditions and mental abuse suffered by abused individuals, and given an insight into how everything can easily go so wrong, so quickly, and how humans can be controlled by our emotions and our love for one another, yet how some possess an inner strength.

A great read
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 1 July 2014
Adeline is home for the summer, she's looking forward to relaxing with her friends and family, and pursuing her other interests her dogs and reading. While attending the gay pride march supporting a friend, she sees a bruised and battered girl who she tries to help. When two men appear Adeline is at first grateful, until she realises they're not there to help they are who this poor girl is running from. Rather than leave Adeline behind to talk, they take her as well. This is just the beginning of Adeline's life becoming hell on earth.

The author states she has researched this distressing subject thoroughly and it shows. This story has the feel of realisam running all the way through. This is one of those stories I'm glad I've read, while at the same time wishing I hadn't. The characters are so believeable, the men who run the sex slave ring are evil personified and are portrayed very well. I also thought the girls who were prisoners along with Adeline were very well represented from Rochelle who believed she was living the good life and thought she was loved by one of the men. To some of the others who just blindly accepted their fate. Adeline who refused to bend to her captors will was treated very badly, at times it made it difficult to read.

My only gripe is I thought the ending was rushed, an epilogue showing the future and letting the readers see how Adeline's life was panning out, was definitely needed. If you are at all offended by very explicit content then this may not be for you. The author does give a warning.
on 1 September 2014
WOW!!! I think iv just been emotionally drained for life!!. When I first saw this book I thought no it isn't for me, don't get me wrong I love Emily's other books but this one was just not my thing, girl gets kidnapped and falls in love with her captor!! Na not for me but as Emily's book are all really good and I really needed something to read I thought I'd give it a go, I'm so glad I did. The first couple of chapters I didn't Like Addie, I found her very imature, im so happy I kept reading, this book is really emotionally draining, I think it's a lot to do with the fact you know some of this story actually happens to people. The characters had real depth and we're very alive to me, I cried through a lot of it, I can't tell you enough, take a chance, you will love this book, it's a real eye opener, It also shows what a great author Emily is, loved it, want more please Emily😢
on 7 June 2014
I don't normally review a book, but this was an amazing work of fiction with a true sting of reality. This book at tomes made me sick to my stomach but I continued because there will always be things in life you can turn your back on, even though this was a completely fictitious story the basis of the storyline is based on a really serious problem in the world. Girls and boys being sold as slaves the despair but what makes the story bearable is the Addie and Jackson, hope is something you should never run out of. Beware some very sadistic b******s in this book.
on 22 June 2014
What an utterly captivating read that had me unable to put my kindle down right from the first page.

This takes us on Adeline journey who witnesses a crime and is then kidnapped and forced to become a sex slave. Amongst her difficulties and traumas of her new life, she finds solace in one of her captors- but all is not what it seems with Jackson.

A truly between story of love and courage, with a beautiful HEA. And although it is a story that contains some disturbing situations it is definitely not too dark where you feel disturbed/distressed. I've read quite a few in this genre and this one is slightly more mild, although there are plenty of scenes that show the difficulties/horrors of people kidnapped to sex slavery.

Another bonus is it is a standalone so no waiting around for sequels :)
on 8 July 2014
But loved it, heartbreaking story. I couldn't see the love interest being who it ended up to be at the start so that was a surprise I did think the build up to the climax of the story was long for the ending to be over rather quickly, but love a happy ever after
on 14 October 2014
God that was dark. The first half of this book was almost unbearable to read. The constant abuse was vile and disturbing. Addie never gave up, she fought so hard for her freedom and by God I was rooting for her. Jackson was her hope and he gave her strength, it was wonderful to watch their feelings develop and grow, I'm so glad they found justice in the end.

While this book was so intense and dark, it was also the love story of two people in an impossible situation who despite all odds, found love and hope in each other. It will definitely stay with me.
on 5 June 2014
Over the years I have read my fair share of hostage/kid napping books but this?? Wow! For me it was just so realistic. In other books you have the victim falling in love with the baddy within the first week and you're left thinking what bollucks but this was nothing like that.. Literally had me so emotional through it's gripping and sometimes heart braking scenes..

Absolutely tied me in knots and I was just rooting for the couple the whole way through., this truly has got to be one the best books I have read this yr!! Well done Emily!!!!
on 15 June 2014
The book was realistic and written great. I think for me it didn't have the dark brooding abductor who won you over and that was my reasoning for giving it four stars. It focused a lot on the abuse and escape attempts and not so much bonding with her captor. I tend to go more for a read that has the sexual tension between the captor and the captive.The lure of the draw between the two even though the captive doesn't want to bond. That says something for my warped love of Stockholm Syndrome.
All in all a great read.
on 16 August 2014
At times horrifying graphic and chilling. A good book. At times possibly a little repetitive with the escape plans but we'll worth reading